• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    I keep this one around the house - a friend gave it to me (I think it's the 4-power), and it replace a Burris Fastfire II I'd had on there.

24jul11download0061.jpg

It's great at any realistic distance and the Bindon Aiming Concept seems to work fine with it in close. I'm not really an AR guy, but . . . well, I don't think you'd be unhappy with an ACOG.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    With a 3.25MOA dot that high up, it's not precise at all. It's more of a chin weld type shooting position and it worked well when shooting from funny angles and from under a barricade. I zero'd my RMR at 50 yds, ACOG @ 100 yds.

Yop, purely short range and CQ, why I want to SBR it. Good inside, and fancy me chances in the curtilage, but down the street or whatever, I'd grab something else.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I've used an Acog before. I don't know which model it was but it had the iron sights on top. It was fine for clearing because you just looked over top of the sight through the peep sight. I don't have as much experince with the full fiber optic models and I've seen guys tape/cover up part of the fiber optic that sits on top, because it was too bright. It's quality, had to be shipped back to Trijicon once because the turrets messed. It was handled pretty rough, my buddy was a medic in a line unit and he used it during his time in Afghanistan. Hope that helps.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I have a TA31F and a TA01. I like the 4x magnification and the reticles. TA31F has a red chevron with fiber optic for day and tritium for night and the TA01 has cross hairs for day and its lighted with tritium for night use.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Something to think about for the ACOG's with the back up Irons or the RMR on the top. There are some advantages to having a sight at such a high position over bore, both when wearing night vision, and with full combat kit on including a helmet. Getting a good cheek weld is a bit more difficult, and the high over bore sights allow a more upright shooting stance that gets the stock fully on your shoulder, and allows a sight picture with out craning the neck as much.

Granted the sight offset issue is more of a challenge, but typically such sights are used were point blank aiming is as important as precision. Generally the difference in shot placement being off by 1" up and down isn't going to have major differences in outcome (thinking about close combat center of mass shots). It could be an issue with shots to the "fatal T" but again hitting a bit lower than point of aim will generally still be effective.

Full disclosure...I am not in the military, police, or a private contractor, so don't have any first hand experience with what I've stated. I'm basing my statement on what I've read in some similar discussions in the past on various forms that are similar to INGO. So yeah....its on the internet, so has to be true, right? ;)

Top Bottom