• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sounds like you've done everything you can so far. Keep in mind she could be trying to set you up for a complaint or your employer for a lawsuit $$$. With your supervisor advised, avoid her unless its work related and then keep the conversation professional. Don't bring it up again or make it an office scandal. It's hard to do but shows your not creating or contributing to a hostile work environment. Watch your back and cover your lower back.....:D

Great advice. I was already thinking about "laying low" for a bit.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    You know, you could ALWAYS go the other route with this...there isn't ANY reason that you couldn't file a complaint with HR.

You already said that others were there to 'witness' her calling you a racist; THAT in itself can be considered workplace harassment in that SHE is the one "creating a hostile work environment".

I know it's kind chilidsh sounding, but I've seen WAY too many things that were thought to be "no big deal", end up getting people fired or reassigned because the OTHER person decided they needed to contact HR.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You know, you could ALWAYS go the other route with this...there isn't ANY reason that you couldn't file a complaint with HR.

You already said that others were there to 'witness' her calling you a racist; THAT in itself can be considered workplace harassment in that SHE is the one "creating a hostile work environment".

I know it's kind chilidsh sounding, but I've seen WAY too many things that were thought to be "no big deal", end up getting people fired or reassigned because the OTHER person decided they needed to contact HR.

I likey this idea! I will have to place it into my bag of f*ck you tricks for when this happens to me next time. :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hmmm... I would say she is racist if she believes only black folks ever used the slang-phrase of "8-ball" for a quantity of cocaine.

One I'm coming to grips with: a noose.

I've been a knot-knut for years. Swiftwater Rescue Technician. I taught whitewater rescue classes. Taken Mountain Rescue classes. I met my wife 16 years ago when she was a student in a whitewater kayak class I was teaching. I had a 22' sailboat for a couple of years. Lived on a houseboat in a marina for a year. Yes, I can tie a damn knot.

We used to make nooses (noosi??) as a kid. (Yes, I can make one helluva noose.) It was all about hang-'em-high, old westerns.

Now someone makes a noose and it's like I lit a burning cross??? When did it become the sole bailiwick of southern/racist lynchings and not the old west?

Sigh...

Now I just satisfy myself with making monkey's fists.

<foxworthy> I just hate stupid people.</foxworthy>

I have had a 13-loop hangman's noose on my rear view mirror of my car for 16 years now. At my current job, I have two co-workers who happen to be Black. Shortly after I started there (2-3 mos), one asked me why I had a noose- this was a few months after the whole Jena 6 fiasco. I assured her it was not racial and nothing more has been said of it. Like you, I simply like the intricacy of the knot. (plus it's an old, inside joke.)

My noose still hangs from my rear view mirror. Want me to take it down? Ask me and I'll consider it or attempt to compromise. Try to force me to do so, especially with the ******** "racist" card, and I will dig my heels in harder, because when it comes down to it, the car is mine and if you don't like it, don't f**king look at it!!

Here's your sign. :bs:

Blessings,
    Bill

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    My noose still hangs from my rear view mirror. Want me to take it down? Ask me and I'll consider it or attempt to compromise. Try to force me to do so, especially with the ******** "racist" card, and I will dig my heels in harder, because when it comes down to it, the car is mine and if you don't like it, don't f**king look at it!!

I have know Idea when the hangman's know or noose became a sign of racial flurry!!! Millions more women and jews were killed by the noose during the Salem witch trials, Crusades, holocaust, ext, then blacks by a racist!!!

WTF....ever!!!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    OK to be politically correct it is a non white cat with a non black spot on it Right? Ask her did you think I ment you cat was a heroin addict? I dont get it. :dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OK to be politically correct it is a non white cat with a non black spot on it Right? Ask her did you think I ment you cat was a heroin addict? I dont get it. :dunno:

I can only assume that she thought that since I implied "8 ball" could have been named for the cocaine measurement, not the pool ball, that I was implying all blacks were drug dealers.

At least, that is the best I can figure. A lot of assuming, and implying going on eh? :cool:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    She sounds guilty. I'd perform a strip search and if nothing were found, proceed to full body cavity...:facepalm:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If it went down exactly as you said it did , she seems a little crazy to me . Has she ever been so sensitive before ?

Nope, but she has been a little less friendly lately, so perhaps its just a hormonal thing ;)

If you don't think that you did anything wrong, then you should not have apologized, let alone apologized twice - it's not only a sign of weakness & submission, an apology can also be considered an admission of guilt.

I can't afford to lose this job over something stupid. If I have to apologize to make sure i can feed my family, then I will do it. Do I like it? Not one bit. Did I HAVE to apologize? No. I will just write it off as "turning the other cheek" and hope it doesn't happen again.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am retired now and don't have to worry about this crap, but this kind of thing is EXACTLY why I usually kept my mouth shut around African-Americans at work.

The actions of a few made me mistrust all.

My advice: Kiss whatever you have to kiss to keep your job. With this particular person, be professional, be polite, and NEVER TALK WITH HER AGAIN ABOUT ANYTHING NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO WORK! CYA!

Doug

Top Bottom