• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I am not sure if she is mad b/c it was a black comment about a cat or if it was comment about her friend, who we don't even know is black.

The alternative to "8 Ball" is a drug slang and that might be why she got upset, you might have incinuated that her friend was into drugs and thats why she named her cat "8 Ball", therfor saying that her friend was into drugs b/c she is black. I know its a stretch but that is how this sh!t happens sometimes.

By the way an 8-Ball is mixing Cocaine and Heroin.

Not to thread jack here but.....
    I thought an 8ball was 1/8 of an ounce of either meth or coke or heroin? I've never heard of it used for mixing cocaine and heroin. Now, then again...I havent hung out with people in the party scene for quite some time and i may just be wrong.

Urbandictionary.com

1. eight ball 720 up, 147 down 3.5 grams of meth or coke

:twocents:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I thought an 8ball was 1/8 of an ounce of either meth or coke or heroin? I've never heard of it used for mixing cocaine and heroin. Now, then again...I havent hung out with people in the party scene for quite some time and i may just be wrong.

Urbandictionary.com

That very well maybe what it started out as.......

As a medic my pts refer to the mix now as an 8-Ball, but interesting to see the story behind the word.

And don't worry about throwing in the :twocents: to cover your opinion, when you use facts like sourcing a ref. screw the people who take it as an insult!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I always thought an "8 ball" was 3.5 grams of any drug? hmm learn soemthign new everyday! who'd uh thunk Id be learnin about drugs on a gun forum today:):

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Good call to CYA. Document document document.

Don't take a chance. That coworker has 2 cards to play: gender and race (you better hope she is not a lesbian too!). Anymore you are guilty until proven innocent and will be thrown under the bus to appease a special interest group.

:rolleyes:

You misogynistic racist, you should have called it an african-American feline; not a black cat.
    :laugh:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Urbandictionary.com

That very well maybe what it started out as.......
    As a medic my pts refer to the mix now as an 8-Ball, but interesting to see the story behind the word.

Nevermind.....My fault I was refering to a speedball, not an 8-Ball.
    I was wrong!!!

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I always go with the "I'm not a Racist. I'm just culturally intolerant." defense. Being culturally intolerant is more politically correct than being racist.

That being said, joking around about drug usage shouldn't have anything to do with what race a person is and there are numerous definitions both implied and literal for the term "8 ball".

I see nothing wrong with your comment. Obviously she can't take a joke.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am not sure if she is mad b/c it was a black comment about a cat or if it was comment about her friend, who we don't even know is black.

The alternative to "8 Ball" is a drug slang and that might be why she got upset, you might have incinuated that her friend was into drugs and thats why she named her cat "8 Ball", therfor saying that her friend was into drugs b/c she is black. I know its a stretch but that is how this sh!t happens sometimes.

Actually, that's a "speed ball". An 8 ball is an eighth of an ounce :cool:
    Don't ask me how I know, it's LONG in the past.
    Edit: Oops, didn't see I was beaten to the punch

I mentioned that I had a biracial son, and she said "So, you can still be racist".

However, I did try to apologize again, even though I don't think I did anything wrong, and she accepted it. Things seem a little less tense here now, but I still have the documentation email I send to my boss to "CYA".

Thanks everyone again for all the advice, it is MUCH appreciated.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    This is funny because I am posting it on a PRO GUN forum NOT the fact that it is a joke with racial connotations. Don't laugh in a racist way. Laugh at it politically.

Just bite the bullet and tell her "I'm not racist. I voted for OBAMA." But you have to do it convincingly for this to work.

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    Sounds like you've done everything you can so far. Keep in mind she could be trying to set you up for a complaint or your employer for a lawsuit $$$. With your supervisor advised, avoid her unless its work related and then keep the conversation professional. Don't bring it up again or make it an office scandal. It's hard to do but shows your not creating or contributing to a hostile work environment. Watch your back and cover your lower back.....:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is funny because I am posting it on a PRO GUN forum NOT the fact that it is a joke with racial connotations. Don't laugh in a racist way. Laugh at it politically.

Just bite the bullet and tell her "I'm not racist. I voted for OBAMA." But you have to do it convincingly for this to work.

She already knows better, lol. My boss and I are the only non Libs in our area. We sit here all day talking smack about Obama, Pelosi, etc and about guns.

Hmm, maybe that is why she is upset? ;)

Top Bottom