Accused Murderer Walks, As Political DA Fails The People...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is what Soros is funding democrat DA's to do, this DA is the one that has prosecuted those that defend themselves, including the McCloskey's, while letting crime run amok and creating chaos. Many of these DA's denied looking into vote fraud. While we the people are sparing over high offices, like president or governor, Soros is quietly taking over the offices where the rubber meets the road with DA's, AG's, and SOS's.

A circuit judge dismissed a 2020 murder case last week and said the Circuit Attorney’s Office “abandoned its duty” after St. Louis prosecutors failed three times to show for court hearings or respond to a court order to produce evidence.

Circuit Judge Jason Sengheiser on Wednesday dismissed first-degree murder, armed criminal action and unlawful gun possession charges against Brandon Campbell, 30, after no one from the Circuit Attorney’s Office showed up for scheduled hearings in May, June and July.

“The court does not take this action without significant consideration for the implications it may have for public safety,” Sengheiser wrote in his order. “Although presumed innocent, (Campbell) has been charged with the most serious of crimes. While the court has a role to play in protecting public safety, that role must be balanced with adherence to the law and the protection of the rights of the defendant.”

Sengheiser continued, “The Circuit Attorney’s Office is ultimately the party responsible for protecting public safety by charging and then prosecuting those it believes commit crimes. In a case like this where the Circuit Attorney’s office has essentially abandoned its duty to prosecute those it charges with crimes, the court must impartially enforce the law and any resultant threat to public safety is the responsibility of the Circuit Attorney’s Office.”

Ff&j

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is what Soros is funding democrat DA's to do, this DA is the one that has prosecuted those that defend themselves, including the McCloskey's, while letting crime run amok and creating chaos. Many of these DA's denied looking into vote fraud. While we the people are sparing over high offices, like president or governor, Soros is quietly taking over the offices where the rubber meets the road with DA's, AG's, and SOS's.

A circuit judge dismissed a 2020 murder case last week and said the Circuit Attorney’s Office “abandoned its duty” after St. Louis prosecutors failed three times to show for court hearings or respond to a court order to produce evidence.

Circuit Judge Jason Sengheiser on Wednesday dismissed first-degree murder, armed criminal action and unlawful gun possession charges against Brandon Campbell, 30, after no one from the Circuit Attorney’s Office showed up for scheduled hearings in May, June and July.

“The court does not take this action without significant consideration for the implications it may have for public safety,” Sengheiser wrote in his order. “Although presumed innocent, (Campbell) has been charged with the most serious of crimes. While the court has a role to play in protecting public safety, that role must be balanced with adherence to the law and the protection of the rights of the defendant.”

Sengheiser continued, “The Circuit Attorney’s Office is ultimately the party responsible for protecting public safety by charging and then prosecuting those it believes commit crimes. In a case like this where the Circuit Attorney’s office has essentially abandoned its duty to prosecute those it charges with crimes, the court must impartially enforce the law and any resultant threat to public safety is the responsibility of the Circuit Attorney’s Office.”

Ff&j
    That evil ****stain Soros has a huge advantage over most of us in his age and life experience.

Let me back up to take in a larger point from religious doctrine. Satan is not the equal of God in knowledge or power, but is far ahead of us particularly in having untold millenia of life experience and having witnessed the innermost workings of the universe.

Similarly, Soros had not only had more chronological life experience thsn us, but he learned his evil from the Nazi regime, made up of grandmasters of evil. His path has led through opportunities even one of which would be an extreme rarity for any of us. My personal belief is that his "good fortune" was directed by the Prince of Darkness himself (your mileage may vary). In any event, this leaves Soros standing with an understanding of human nature and the world system (including politics at s practical level) that dwarfs that of the normal person, resources that we can't truly grasp, and evil beyond our comprehension.

This is what we are up against.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    While not taking away from the seriousness of that poo show discussed, just so folks don't get the wrong idea:

Dismissed cases can be refiled. It is not the same as a "not guilty" where double jeopardy issues arise.

With that out of the way, local prosecutor is a very influential position, as many are now realizing. If you want to make a difference to a community, that's a good race to influence.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    While not taking away from the seriousness of that poo show discussed, just so folks don't get the wrong idea:

Dismissed cases can be refiled. It is not the same as a "not guilty" where double jeopardy issues arise.

With that out of the way, local prosecutor is a very influential position, as many are now realizing. If you want to make a difference to a community, that's a good race to influence.
    This ^^^^^
    First thought and the burning question: was the dismissal with or without prejudice. If it was without prejudice, it can be refiled. The real problem will be finding this felon if and when charges are refiled. I daresay he's not going to stick around any known former addresses or known friends/relatives when he's turned loose . . . unless he's also guilty of felony stupidity.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

The fact that this is the same DA that hammered the McCloskeys makes it very obvious what’s goin on here.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I guess if my defense attorney doesn't show up for court I get my case dismissed? Or how about me, can I just skip it and go? I was under the impression that scheduled court appearances were mandatory, and short of all the DA's office attorneys being laid up in the hospital in body casts, seems like there should be some contempt of court fines and jailings. Along with some complaints to the bar and license suspensions?

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I guess if my defense attorney doesn't show up for court I get my case dismissed? Or how about me, can I just skip it and go? I was under the impression that scheduled court appearances were mandatory, and short of all the DA's office attorneys being laid up in the hospital in body casts, seems like there should be some contempt of court fines and jailings. Along with some complaints to the bar and license suspensions?
    Yeah, you'd kind of think, wouldn't ya? Malfeasance was the first thing that came to my mind.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You haven't heard? Expecting people to show up at a mandatory place and time is racist and we have de-colonized our court system. Now people can show up, or not, it doesn't matter, time isn't real and schedules are colonialism.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I guess if my defense attorney doesn't show up for court I get my case dismissed? Or how about me, can I just skip it and go?

Your case won't be dismissed, but it will be continued if your attorney doesn't show. You have the right to effective legal representation, so the trial won't move forward without your attorney (unless you are the sort of id...individual who elects to represent himself...) I've definitely seen it happen. Attorneys are like airline seats, often overbooked with the expectation some will cancel/no-show.

If you don't show without notice, a failure to appear warrant will be issued. If you can't show and make prior contact, you may get a continuance.

The accused has the right to a fast and speedy trial. The accuser does not. The system is slanted toward the defendant instead of toward the state by design.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    That evil ****stain Soros has a huge advantage over most of us in his age and life experience.

Let me back up to take in a larger point from religious doctrine. Satan is not the equal of God in knowledge or power, but is far ahead of us particularly in having untold millenia of life experience and having witnessed the innermost workings of the universe.

Similarly, Soros had not only had more chronological life experience thsn us, but he learned his evil from the Nazi regime, made up of grandmasters of evil. His path has led through opportunities even one of which would be an extreme rarity for any of us. My personal belief is that his "good fortune" was directed by the Prince of Darkness himself (your mileage may vary). In any event, this leaves Soros standing with an understanding of human nature and the world system (including politics at s practical level) that dwarfs that of the normal person, resources that we can't truly grasp, and evil beyond our comprehension.

This is what we are up against.
    117173987_3346267542060106_4736897252477428436_n.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Here's a local story on the situation. That was only one of three murder cases dismissed recently.

Looks like they have a really big problem with turnover

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Your case won't be dismissed, but it will be continued if your attorney doesn't show. You have the right to effective legal representation, so the trial won't move forward without your attorney (unless you are the sort of id...individual who elects to represent himself...) I've definitely seen it happen. Attorneys are like airline seats, often overbooked with the expectation some will cancel/no-show.

If you don't show without notice, a failure to appear warrant will be issued. If you can't show and make prior contact, you may get a continuance.

The accused has the right to a fast and speedy trial. The accuser does not. The system is slanted toward the defendant instead of toward the state by design.
    I was being ever so slightly sarcastic. But not about sanctions against the prosecutor. Perhaps some will be coming, if you follow the link in my post just preceding this.

Top Bottom