• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    We probably saw this one coming.

Columbia, Missouri - Professional shooter Jessie Abbate has signed with Team Smith & Wesson. Ending months of speculation, Abbate joins a multi-disciplined team of experienced professional shooters. Abbate is considered by many to be the rising star in the shooting sports and is expected to take women's shooting to a new level.

More here:

Abbate Signs With Team Smith & Wesson : The Outdoor Wire

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    S&W should have a real good team with her on board.

They already have the (1) best revolver shooter of last 25 years, and possibly ever (Miculek), (2) the most decorated female action shooter of all time (Julie Goloski-Golob), and (3) one of the most decorated all-around pistol shooters of all-time (Koenig).

Jessie is a great talent and great addition, but Team S&W was stacked before she signed on.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    We probably saw this one coming.
    Not shocked. :coffee:

have to admit I'm a little suprised, considering S&W already had Julie. I half expected Jesse to end up with a company currently w/o a major sponsored shooter, like a STI (she had been shooting open recently) or CZ, or perhaps join Max at Sig.

Makes me wonder if Julie will be at S&W long term...

-rvb

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I guess I'm just surprised that Glock let her go and couldn't give her a better deal than S&W. I wouldn't mind seeing Springfield take another shooter.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Suggest away. But, like rvb, on the face, I find this an odd move on S&W's part.

I am wondering if Julie is going to be going more into a manager of the S&W team role more than shooting and Jessie is going to do the shooting.

I got to stand 3 feet from Julie while she was talking to Randi Rogers at Area 6. Bill and I just happened to park right next to both of them. Julie was talking about how hard it is to travel and be on the road now that she has a toddler at home. She even spoke about this on the Gun Nuts interview about how training has become very different for her now.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Let's not forget that other lady that Smith and Wesson has; Kay Clark-Michlek. Think of the photo shoot opportunities with Kay and Jesse. :)

Top Bottom