• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    Has anyone been to the Abate Boogie before? I'm thinking about going this year. I don't wanna go if it gets too out of hand. I have been to Hog Rock in Illinois
    It was a really good time. I didn't see any fights and the music was very good.
    Any reports on the Boogie would be appreciated.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've been around 8 or 10 times over the years-haven't been since 2014; seems the music isn't what it used to be, and the novelty of witnessing the affects of time/gravity on the body is worn off. Always had a good time though!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Check out Ball's Bikerfest in Bean Blossom as well. Home Paid my money. Put out my lawn chair. Laughed my !ss off. My retinas will never be the same. You can't un-see some things.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    went first year after they moved it from Bean Blossom and will never go back again......went to all of them before then......

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    We used to go. Similar crowd to Hog Rock, unless things have changed. I don't like the new place as much as the old one at Bean Blossom. I liked the track at Bean Blossom. If you like Hog Rock, you might like the Boogie. Little Sturgis in KY used to be my favorite.
    It's all kind of gotten old now, I don't like being around people for long periods of time. I'd rather ride for a couple of hours, come home and drink :alcoholic:in the backyard, and then sleep in a bed, not a tent. :oldwise: Oh...and not :puke:.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We used to go. Similar crowd to Hog Rock, unless things have changed. I don't like the new place as much as the old one at Bean Blossom. I liked the track at Bean Blossom. If you like Hog Rock, you might like the Boogie. Little Sturgis in KY used to be my favorite.
    It's all kind of gotten old now, I don't like being around people for long periods of time. I'd rather ride for a couple of hours, come home and drink :alcoholic:in the backyard, and then sleep in a bed, not a tent. :oldwise: Oh...and not :puke:.

If you do it in that order you will live to ride another day.

Way to many non-riding drunken fools in way to small an area.
    That and people walking around sans clothing that I would pay them to stay dressed.......:(

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Years ago the bikers used to be badass studs. It's been a while....
    :)}

No doubt. I grew up a block down from the two biggest biker bars in the town back in the 80's. Those were some bad dudes, back then if you were on a Harley and had tattoos you were scum. I ate it all up. Drove Mom nuts, she was... disappointed when I rode up on an old Ironhead.

Now days seems most are RUB's but still want the bad dude look. Easy enough, nothing a few hundred bucks can't buy at the local boutique.

I can't even remember how many times I've had some "brother" walk up to me at the gas pump while filling said Ironhead and had the guy say "nice shovel". I kindly say "thank you, but it's not a Shovelhead". At which point they laugh at me, the guy who doesn't know what he's sitting on. Some of them even try to learn me something and go about showing me the shovel shaped heads. I then chuckle when I'm kicking my bike over (one timer usually), while the RUB is putting his drink into his chrome temperature controlled cup holder as his "old lady" tucks her fupa back into her belt.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A buddy of mine goes and says there is a guy who walks around a naked woman on a leash with a dog collar....

That's all I know about it....

Are they STILL doing that? One year she drank so much, we thought she was going to die and he didn't do much to help her, either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No doubt. I grew up a block down from the two biggest biker bars in the town back in the 80's. Those were some bad dudes, back then if you were on a Harley and had tattoos you were scum. I ate it all up. Drove Mom nuts, she was... disappointed when I rode up on an old Ironhead.

Now days seems most are RUB's but still want the bad dude look. Easy enough, nothing a few hundred bucks can't buy at the local boutique.

I can't even remember how many times I've had some "brother" walk up to me at the gas pump while filling said Ironhead and had the guy say "nice shovel". I kindly say "thank you, but it's not a Shovelhead". At which point they laugh at me, the guy who doesn't know what he's sitting on. Some of them even try to learn me something and go about showing me the shovel shaped heads. I then chuckle when I'm kicking my bike over (one timer usually), while the RUB is putting his drink into his chrome temperature controlled cup holder as his "old lady" tucks her fupa back into her belt.

OK....being one that actually knows are you rolling an old flat head. Besides that and a knuckle the rest have tins or boxes on top of them.

Top Bottom