• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I really like the song, but I wish artists would pull back on the language. I understand that he's expressing what almost everyone is feeling through the use of the language, but the language limits where and when it can be played. Many artists create two versions of songs like this, a clean and dirty version. However, the cleaner version usually loses some of the power and meaning when the song has been originally written with strong language. Just my :twocents:

Safe for work Vevo version, just released. Nice background footage...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NSFW!!!

*** Damn, took a quick breeze over the comments on this YouTube. Was expecting twitter-like hate, but not at all. Maybe someone cleaned out all the trash, but it looked like nearly 100% support for Aaron?

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    I view music as an art form, and I hate when artist limit their artistic abilities by censoring themselves in any way. I think it effects their creativity when every time they have a thought they have to stop their thought process because it is graphic in some way.

Now, after they’re done with their art, if they want to release a PG version of that masterpiece to be able to have it appear in the mainstream, im ok with that.
    i don’t disagree *however* ... often the creativity required to work within guidelines or restrictions can result in a much better product. there are way too many examples of this but think of earlier bawdy comedians versus modern unrestricted. Johnny carson versus modern late night. Radio howard stern versus sirius/xm howard stern. what made it so good was seeing how close they could get to the line without crossing it, or at least not by much.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I play a bit of Aaron lewis on Sunday mornings. I always have to listen to which version I have before I play over the air. I like Cody Jinks a lot too.

Jason

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wonder if Aaron Lewis' ten years old "Country Boy" video will see a revival with the success of "Am I The Only One?"

The libs gotta hate this one too, right?

Hard to argue with Charlie Daniels and George Jones being in your vid, eh?

One of my favorites of Jones.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This video starts out kind of a mess. Fuzzy focus part of the time. Concert doesn't start until 12ish minutes in.

I haven't watched it all yet, but did catch some Staind. New music/old music/new video...

It's Aaron Lewis live, so NSFW!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom