• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Mom had a 71 Plymouth Sport Suburban. Hate to admit but I had a 77 Pinto wagon. Great for taking the RC airplane to the flying field.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My folks came to America in 1962 from Newfoundland Canada driving a bran new white 1962 Plymouth Valiant station wagon with red seats, a slant 6, and push button automatic transmission. In it was their daughter (my older sister) and everything they owned.

A year later they celebrated life in the new world with the arrival of... ME.

My dad was pretty proud the day he traded in his old Buick Electra 225, and came home with the new 1976 LTD Country Squire.
    Took us on many a vacation in it. It's the vehicle I took my driving test in.

This blurry shot is the only photo I have of it. We were camping in that 21' Layton the night Elvis died.

1976 LTD Country Squire.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have no real affection for station wagons, but recognize their purposes and usefulness for those jobs. They could be ordered for trailer tow vehicles as shown in the Daddyusmaximus picture. And they did a good job towing.

When I was dating, I drove a Honda 550 Four made into a cafe' racer, and Custom van. You remember the kind, shag carpet on floor walls a ceiling, comfortable bed and a cooler for your favorite beverages. My girl's father did not like my transportation choices and had me drive her in his station wagon. Big Pontiac Grand Safari, 455, 4bbl, posi with towing rear gear set. Must have had huge sway bars because you could punch it around pretty hard. That car surprised more than a few sporty cars at the light. It was pretty fast, just like his daughter.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have no real affection for station wagons, but recognize their purposes and usefulness for those jobs. They could be ordered for trailer tow vehicles as shown in the Daddyusmaximus picture. And they did a good job towing.

When I was dating, I drove a Honda 550 Four made into a cafe' racer, and Custom van. You remember the kind, shag carpet on floor walls a ceiling, comfortable bed and a cooler for your favorite beverages. My girl's father did not like my transportation choices and had me drive her in his station wagon. Big Pontiac Grand Safari, 455, 4bbl, posi with towing rear gear set. Must have had huge sway bars because you could punch it around pretty hard. That car surprised more than a few sporty cars at the light. It was pretty fast, just like his daughter.
    The crazy part was he actually thought the outcome would be different in his station wagon. :lmfao:

Reactions: Leo

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Dad and mom started with a 66 Galaxy wagon, later a 69 Country Squire , and to a 72 Chevy Kingswood (with the hideaway rear door). The gas crisis hit and they got a new VW bus. After a Pioneer Supertuner install, and some Mindblower speakers,that was the 70's cool ride. That was the one vehicle I miss to this day.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Dad and mom started with a 66 Galaxy wagon, later a 69 Country Squire , and to a 72 Chevy Kingswood (with the hideaway rear door). The gas crisis hit and they got a new VW bus. After a Pioneer Supertuner install, and some Mindblower speakers,that was the 70's cool ride. That was the one vehicle I miss to this day.

The early galaxy s had great body lines.

Hat tip to the supertuner. Connected to house stereo speakers in the back seat

Top Bottom