Feb 11, 2011
    low-down-dirty-time-19.jpg

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    lol, I tell my daughter this every day!!!!

Actually, what I think is sad is that society makes girls feel bad about their dreams and goals if those goals include getting married, staying home and actually raising their own kids!!

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    my wife would love to stay at home with kids. When we have any. But financially it isn't an option.

Jason

I have to disagree!!! (Respectfully) It is all in how you live (manage your money) and what you are willing to sacrifice to get it. I have not worked (outside the home) a day since I got married and we have 3 kids and there have been years that my husband didn't make a lot of money but we managed. Without any kind of assistants, mind you. But we don't drive new cars, buy really expensive clothes, eat out all the time, etc. Being a housewife/stay-at-home mom is A LOT of work. You just get a different kind of pay. ;)

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have to disagree!!! (Respectfully) It is all in how you live (manage your money) and what you are willing to sacrifice to get it. I have not worked (outside the home) a day since I got married and we have 3 kids and there have been years that my husband didn't make a lot of money but we managed. Without any kind of assistants, mind you. But we don't drive new cars, buy really expensive clothes, eat out all the time, etc. Being a housewife/stay-at-home mom is A LOT of work. You just get a different kind of pay. ;)
    ^^Ever so much this.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I like pie. Especially berry pies. The last one I made was a raspberry pie made with freshly picked raspberries.

I can shoot a gun and bake pie! ;):ar15:

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Much as I love bacon (cured my own), not sure I want bacon pie. I guess it might be like bacon and biscuits. However, we love the pie crust made with our home-rendered lard.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

I agree to an extent but not totally. Some people have to live on minimum wage or just over. It is very difficult to do this and raise a family with only one minimum wage income and bring home less than $1000 a month. Can it be done? Sure if you get a small apartment and don't have to drive far to go to work. But when you add up rent, groceries, utilities, fuel, household necessities, etc. it doesn't work very well with a low paying job.

Personally I would rather work and have some extra money than barely scrape by. However, that's me. Everyone is different and everyone has different things that are important to them. It also makes it easier for me that my other half and I work pretty different shifts so the kids don't have to be out of the house and with a sitter very often at all. If that weren't the case I might feel differently.

Top Bottom