A good reminder for all of us that carry...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    If you have to make a presentation and any of these incidental laws are still on your mind…… more than likely you are already dead.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Good time to re-visit this.......

When to draw

Despite warnings I often see on the Net I have yet to encounter an instance in which a hold up man called the police to report his intended victim threatened to shoot him. Thugs do not want to come into contact with the police. They may already be wanted or realize chances are good they have been identified in a recent robbery. Or what ever. They are not going to call the police if you draw on them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think the thing to keep in mind is when it's appropriate to pull your gun. If you're pulling it for self defense, or to protect yourself or someone else from being the victim of a crime, that's appropriate. Threatening someone or trying to end an argument by pulling your gun, or things along those lines are not appropriate and could land you in jail and prevent you from carrying in the future.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I think the thing to keep in mind is when it's appropriate to pull your gun. If you're pulling it for self defense, or to protect yourself or someone else from being the victim of a crime, that's appropriate. Threatening someone or trying to end an argument by pulling your gun, or things along those lines are not appropriate and could land you in jail and prevent you from carrying in the future.
    ^^^ This was the intended message. Nothing more. ^^^

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    ^^^ This was the intended message. Nothing more. ^^^
    A 13 minute video is out of our comfort zone. See below.

INGO Forum rule #126 section B paragraph 4, clearly states.
    #126:B It is not necessary nor recommended to read linked articles or watch posted videos before posting uninformed comments or memes.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A 13 minute video is out of our comfort zone. See below.

INGO Forum rule #126 section B paragraph 4, clearly states.
    #126:B It is not necessary nor recommended to read linked articles or watch posted videos before posting uninformed comments or memes.
    Most of my replies are based either on the title in the screenshot or the 15 sec ad i have to watch to see the video. By then I am already reading the next post.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If mine clears leather, I'm already applying pressure with the booger hook.
    Defensive gun uses are measured in moments. Sometimes drawing is enough to stop the threat. Not always, but good to keep in mind.

I used to have this same mindset of "if I'm drawing I'm shooting", but I've seen too many videos of defensive encounters now where the decision not to shoot was the prudent choice.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Defensive gun uses are measured in moments. Sometimes drawing is enough to stop the threat. Not always, but good to keep in mind.

I used to have this same mindset of "if I'm drawing I'm shooting", but I've seen too many videos of defensive encounters now where the decision not to shoot was the prudent choice.
    If I'm pulling out a firearm, we are into the imminent danger, in essence I'm going to use it.

Top Bottom