• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I picked up a used Rem 870 HD (Express). Looked like it had hardly been shot.
    I think I know now why.
    Load the tube, rack the slide,shell loads and ejects , run the forearm back forward and just before it closes it binds up, and then click. Empty chamber.Pull the forearm back and it is really stiff and the next shell is sitting on the RH shell latch.Try to push the shell latch in and it will not go anywhere.Figured out if I put pressure on the latch, down ( towards the loading port ) it will click and then go in the groove. Repeat and it does the same thing.I pulled the trigger group and the shell latch is not staked very well , it will pop in and out of the receiver.But i have read this will not cause a function issue just make it harder to reassemble..? I have tried swapping the bolt,trigger, barrel ,action bar,mag spring and follower from a known good gun and still have the same results.
    Well I tried bending it and things just got worse. Ordered a new shell latch and installed it without staking it.Ran some shells thru it and it did it again.Not as bad as before.It used to do it every 2 or 3 shells now it might go 15 to 20. There is no debris or burs in the channel.
    I have no idea what is up. Maybe an out of spec receiver?
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance
    Chip

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Make sure the rails on the forearm are straight or slightly spread, not bent inward.

Top Bottom