8 yrs of fear overcame w/ 22LR! What is next? LCP in 380?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If they made a 380acp that was the size of a Glock 19, CZ P10C, P365 Macro, G3c, etc with a 15+1 capacity it would really reduce the felt recoil of the 380acp and it would increase its performance with the 4" barrel. I'd think it would sell better because some people just can't handle the 9mm and in the compact form with a decent capacity it could make a big difference.
    If they made a CZ 83 in a locked breech it would be even better.

I think Bersa had a double stack Thunder 380 for awhile, but again it was a fixed barrel design.

Taurus had a PT-138 also.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Let me put it a different way. They are not being produced now. There are very few if people decide to go the above route and supply would dry up in a few days time. They are also under 15rds.
    I'm talking about a modern day handgun that meets the 15+1 or more criteria, and produced on a scale that you would see them readily available I'm lgs and online.
    The CZ-83 is still 12+1, so not too far off as far as capacity goes. I have a CZ-82 (9mm Mak) that is very easy to shoot well, and they have octagonal rifling. I have a CZ-83, but mine is chambered in .32 acp, so it's a novelty for me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The CZ-83 is still 12+1, so not too far off as far as capacity goes. I have a CZ-82 (9mm Mak) that is very easy to shoot well, and they have octagonal rifling. I have a CZ-83, but mine is chambered in .32 acp, so it's a novelty for me.
    I seen a 32acp CZ-83 version for sale awhile back online for $390 said in good condition.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If they made a CZ 83 in a locked breech it would be even better.

I think Bersa had a double stack Thunder 380 for awhile, but again it was a fixed barrel design.

Taurus had a PT-138 also.

The Bersa Thunder plus (380) is on my list of want to try and possibly buy.
    Think it’s 20 oz, 3.5” barrel and the mags hold 15.
    I think they’re still out there? I’ve seen them at a few stores but not many.

I really like DA/SA :)

I haven’t seen any of the CZ 83s.. just the 75 and it’s variants plus some of the striker fire.
    I saw a Rami in 40 and liked how it felt in my hands but really wished it was in 9mm.
    It was slightly more narrow than a storm but didn’t seem by much.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The Bersa Thunder plus (380) is on my list of want to try and possibly buy.
    Think it’s 20 oz, 3.5” barrel and the mags hold 15.
    I think they’re still out there? I’ve seen them at a few stores but not many.

I really like DA/SA :)

I haven’t seen any of the CZ 83s.. just the 75 and it’s variants plus some of the striker fire.
    I saw a Rami in 40 and liked how it felt in my hands but really wished it was in 9mm.
    It was slightly more narrow than a storm but didn’t seem by much.
    You know what I just looked to seen when the Thunder Plus was discontinued and I discovered that they have reintroduced it.
    It is a blowback gun so that does give it a little more felt recoil, but it's a steel pistol so it shouldn't be to bad, especially when fully loaded.

I can absolutely recommend any of the CZ 75s out there. It is probably my favorite centerfire autoloader. A great shooter.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You know what I just looked to seen when the Thunder Plus was discontinued and I discovered that they have reintroduced it.
    It is a blowback gun so that does give it a little more felt recoil, but it's a steel pistol so it shouldn't be to bad, especially when fully loaded.

I can absolutely recommend any of the CZ 75s out there. It is probably my favorite centerfire autoloader. A great shooter.

Does it shoot anything like a PPKs? I could try a ppks but not a thunder unless I happen to meet someone who has one.

I definitely want to have a CZ 75 at some point.
    I want too many things. :,) lol

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Does it shoot anything like a PPKs? I could try a ppks but not a thunder unless I happen to meet someone who has one.

I definitely want to have a CZ 75 at some point.
    I want too many things. :,) lol
    I would imagine it will be similar to a PPKS, maybe a lil better because of the wider grip and extra weight. Probably won't be as smooth as a PPKS though, at least the older Bersa's weren't. The Bersa's have kind of developed their own following to though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If they made a 380acp that was the size of a Glock 19, CZ P10C, P365 Macro, G3c, etc with a 15+1 capacity it would really reduce the felt recoil of the 380acp and it would increase its performance with the 4" barrel. I'd think it would sell better because some people just can't handle the 9mm and in the compact form with a decent capacity it could make a big difference.
    I can't recommend a round that isn't pervasive, etc by put sounds a lot like 30 super carry in a Shield Plus?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's better than a 22lr.
    30 SC isn't made for for anything Glock 19 etc in size. If so it would probably hold 18+1.
    Understood. Only aware of 2 current firearms that it is chambered for. Just sounded like the closest thing. Though again, I can't recommend it yet, as I wouldn't want someone stuck with the next potential 45 GAP.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m waiting to see if it sticks around. Sounds interesting though!
    The shield plus was already really smooth in 9.. The P365 wasn’t far behind it which surprised me.
    I have a Shield 1.0 45acp and with the 7rd extended magazine I can just get enough of my pinkie on it to get a good grip.
    I looked at the Shield Plus at my lgs. Even with the 13rd magazine it's still smaller than my Shield 45 with 7rd magazine. For me that is a no go.
    The P365 Macro might be okay with the 17rd magazine. I'll have to see how it fits my hand.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have a Shield 1.0 45acp and with the 7rd extended magazine I can just get enough of my pinkie on it to get a good grip.
    I looked at the Shield Plus at my lgs. Even with the 13rd magazine it's still smaller than my Shield 45 with 7rd magazine. For me that is a no go.
    The P365 Macro might be okay with the 17rd magazine. I'll have to see how it fits my hand.

I went with the XL with the Romeo and will get a standard(small) grip module.
    The grip butt is just too big and it shows through clothing LOL . I don’t think it helps that it flares out.

Gotta get a holster too… and I’m thinking about adding a light so I’m not sure if I should get a holster for it before I get the light..
    I may just get a cheap Kydex holster for now and a better one later once I figure out what I want on it.

I’ve seen a couple macros around greenwood. My pinky is half on, half off with the standard P365 without a mag. I would have thought the XL was perfect for larger hands. The shield plus with the extended mag was pretty roomy and more than needed for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I went with the XL with the Romeo and will get a standard(small) grip module.
    The grip butt is just too big and it shows through clothing LOL . I don’t think it helps that it flares out.

Gotta get a holster too… and I’m thinking about adding a light so I’m not sure if I should get a holster for it before I get the light..
    I may just get a cheap Kydex holster for now and a better one later once I figure out what I want on it.

I’ve seen a couple macros around greenwood. My pinky is half on, half off with the standard P365 without a mag. I would have thought the XL was perfect for larger hands. The shield plus with the extended mag was pretty roomy and more than needed for me.
    You will need to get the light first. Because the holster MUST be designed to fit the gun AND the specific light you choose. Because if you get a non light bearing holster to fit your gun, as soon as you mount the light it will no longer fit in that holster.

But be careful. If you dont choose a VERY common combo used by tens of thousands of people (such as a G19 with TLR1) you wont find off the shelf holsters and you will need to have one custom molded.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You will need to get the light first. Because the holster MUST be designed to fit the gun AND the specific light you choose. Because if you get a non light bearing holster to fit your gun, as soon as you mount the light it will no longer fit in that holster.

But be careful. If you dont choose a VERY common combo used by tens of thousands of people (such as a G19 with TLR1) you wont find off the shelf holsters and you will need to have one custom molded.
    Tlr1 is an excellent light so is Olights 1350 lumens pistol light. Don't forget Night Stick as well.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Tlr1 is an excellent light so is Olights 1350 lumens pistol light. Don't forget Night Stick as well.

I’m thinking TLR7 or Olight mini 2 Valkyrie. I’m not aware of any other higher lumen options that aren’t going to stick out way beyond the slide on the Sig without a rail adapter . Does the olight 1350 lumen?
    I’m okay with it sticking a little bit further but not too much.

Honestly I’d have to see the options in person and it might be awhile before I get a light so I just ordered a cheap Kydex holster until I do get one. I’ll get a better holster that’ll fit a light at that point.

Maybe I can train with holding a flashlight as I do usually carry one at night. I like very bright tactical lights.. typically ones that can work in daytime brightness.
    My current handheld flashlight has strobe and definitely has enough power for daylight brightness in close proximity.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m thinking TLR7 or Olight mini 2 Valkyrie. I’m not aware of any other higher lumen options that aren’t going to stick out way beyond the slide on the Sig without a rail adapter . Does the olight 1350 lumen?
    I’m okay with it sticking a little bit further but not too much.

Honestly I’d have to see the options in person and it might be awhile before I get a light so I just ordered a cheap Kydex holster until I do get one. I’ll get a better holster that’ll fit a light at that point.

Maybe I can train with holding a flashlight as I do usually carry one at night. I like very bright tactical lights.. typically ones that can work in daytime brightness.
    My current handheld flashlight has strobe and definitely has enough power for daylight brightness in close proximity.
    I EDC an inspection light. It’s only 85lm but I’ve proven its functional for defensive use out to 25 yards.

Top Bottom