• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Check out this story. Sounds like the shooters (husband and wife) may have been a little too quick to open fire with their shotgun.

APTRANS.gif
    updated 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

HOUSTON - A 7-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the head by a couple who thought he and three other people were trespassing on their property died Saturday, authorities said.

Boy, 7, dies in apparent trespass shooting - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Last thing we need.... Did you see those mug shots though? Not the most outstanding citizens that we have representing the 2a here....

waiting to see how far the media takes this one....

Prayers for the boys father who with out doubt is very tramatized over this one.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    ok i'll say it...we had some VERY similar comments on here in the trespassing thread.....IE. the sign saying shoot them then shoot again and smile about it. When you say those things then see what it really means, a dead 7 year old, maybe it's time to think over the, shoot first and ask questions later, mode of thinking.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    ok i'll say it...we had some VERY similar comments on here in the trespassing thread.....IE. the sign saying shoot them then shoot again and smile about it. When you say those things then see what it really means, a dead 7 year old, maybe it's time to think over the, shoot first and ask questions later, mode of thinking.

That sign they had posted certainly isn't going to help the situation.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Is this sadistic humor? Who the ... can shoot a 7 year old kid? I can't believe this actually happened.

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    Is this sadistic humor? Who the ... can shoot a 7 year old kid? I can't believe this actually happened.

There was no reason to shoot the 7 year old. He didn't seem to be harming anything or anyone. I have nothing wrong with the age if he was doing something that was grounds for doing so.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Not to be too judgmental, but judging from the looks of the shooters they may have been worrying about these people getting too close to their meth lab.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I think they should be shot and if they survive they should be shot again, while the father of the boy doesn't smile because he has lost his son who barely had a chance to live his life.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First off, they look 65, not 45. Damn. Must be all that clean livin!

Second, if you are close enough to kill someone with a shotgun, you are close enough to determine you are shooting at a child.

Third, unless said child is armed with a AK-47 and shooting at you, what right do they have to shoot someone standing in a field, even if the field was on their property (which apparently it wasn't)?

Is there any state where the summary execution of a trespasser by a civilian is legal? Especially if you don't warn them first?

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    First off, they look 65, not 45. Damn. Must be all that clean livin!

Second, if you are close enough to kill someone with a shotgun, you are close enough to determine you are shooting at a child.

Third, unless said child is armed with a AK-47 and shooting at you, what right do they have to shoot someone standing in a field, even if the field was on their property (which apparently it wasn't)?

Is there any state where the summary execution of a trespasser by a civilian is legal? Especially if you don't warn them first?

Several states if past a fence. Texas if they are on your property under certain conditions. I'd have to wait for someone from texas to chime in.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oops, reposted this.
    Screwed up. They each took a shot and then matter of factly reported that they had shot them because they were tearing up the levee. Just wow.:nuts:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Actually in most states west of Big Muddy it is legal to shoot trespassers. They are firm believers in the Rules of Wire out there. :twocents:

Having lived most of my life west of the big muddy and in largely rural areas I can say that the above is simply not the case. Very few states allow the use of deadly force to prevent property crimes, Texas being one with a "night rider" statute. Also, simple trespass would not even fit the Texas statute or the statute of any state that I am aware of.

The very concept of shooting someone for simple trespass is depraved in itself unless there is a whole lot more going on. Some folks seem in way too much of a hurry to shoot anyone. In my experience, even the most justified of shoots is going to cause you a ton of expense and suffering. Deadly force truly is a last resort, not a starting place.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just can't imagine where these people thought that this was going to go. I think, that they didn't realize that they where going to kill someone, that they would scare or injure them (the ATV riders). I'm curious as to how sure the property owners were of their targets. Most of the ATV riders were struck in the head, wondering if they were shooting over the levee or something...overall just not a real smart idea.

Seems that there was some ongoing issues with people riding on the levee, perhaps damaging it, which, if you lived in the flood zone could be a real concern to you and you property. Not defending the shooters, just throwing that out there. They were obviously reacting in the wrong way, and now a 7 year old boy is dead, not good.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have no intrest in shooting anyone ever...period. However I have less intrest in somebody harming my family! So it doesn't become a difficult decision if presented to me. I am not sure their life was in jeoprody!

Top Bottom