• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County

See post 1767 in this thread. And there is more listed a few posts below that.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Still plenty of wolf and golden bear around. So the Russian stuff is still available. Turkish rounds and other older Soviet countries seem to be picking up the slack for now.

Devilpig

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2018
    Northeast Indy
    The price has gone up, but there's still a lot of ammo from Tula, Barnaul, and Vympel (Golden Tiger, BVA, and I believe Maxxtech). Many people are charging absurd prices at gun shows and elsewhere (.50 and up for steel is absurd), but you can find many places online still selling around $.30 per round. Also, just an FYI, many of these folks trying to get more than $.50 probably bought that ammo for $.20 two years ago (if that helps with your bargaining). Good luck.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    You won't have a hard time finding 7.62x39 ammo for what I still consider to be a fair price of ~30cpr. The Russian ban hasn't had any harsher effect than the 2020 election and COVID both had on current pricing and availability.

If you're venturing into SKS and/or AK territory, I'd definitely recommend starting to stockpile as much ammo as you can afford right now, because who knows what the world will look like in two years. Hell, who knows what Ukraine will look like in two months. But Russia is by far not the only player when it comes to x39 production. Several other nations have/are/will continue to fill whatever void may occur.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I saw an ad yesterday in another forum. Wolf Performance 7.62X39, 1,000 FMJ $300. Another member got it 15 seconds after posting. I was 8 seconds to late.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I saw an ad yesterday in another forum. Wolf Performance 7.62X39, 1,000 FMJ $300. Another member got it 15 seconds after posting. I was 8 seconds to late.
    there’s plenty out there. Don’t be discouraged. There’s a place selling vympel online for about $350 shipped to your door...to me it’s worth skipping the hassle of meeting up.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham

If you need some cheap plinking ammo, this is decent. Use code FREE2021 on at least 12 boxes (20-box max) and it's about 31 cents shipped to your door:

Personally I think it's worth the premium for the lacquered and sealed Vympel stuff, but this is a decent deal for Tula blasting ammo.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    If you need some cheap plinking ammo, this is decent. Use code FREE2021 on at least 12 boxes (20-box max) and it's about 31 cents shipped to your door:

Personally I think it's worth the premium for the lacquered and sealed Vympel stuff, but this is a decent deal for Tula blasting ammo.

Agreed, have shot over a dozen cases of Tula over the years.... Looks like there is plenty out there! Ammo Empire is the same price & my favorite ammo retailer -- sister co. of SG Ammo, free shipping & no sales tax withheld: https://www.ammoempire.com/node/9855

:whistle:
    I was expecting that as a reply :hehe:

How good is it? Golden Tiger good?

Nothing else steel cased is Golden Tiger good :pimp:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    :whistle:
    I was expecting that as a reply :hehe:

How good is it? Golden Tiger good?

Not quite Vympel or Barnaul milspec good, but it goes bang and is "AK accurate." I don't have a chrono but it's been reported to be a bit on the cooler side of 122-124 grain loads, i.e. ~100-200 FPS slower than other common offerings. One AK Filer did a corrosive primer test on a 2019-dated lot and claimed he found rust. Others have debated that. I've seen boxes marked 2019 and 2020. Clean accordingly.

Also, I wouldn't practice with this stuff indoors or at gongs at close distance.

Top Bottom