5th Annual NWI INGO/Winamac DNR Youth Day - Volunteers/Donors Needed - 17 JUN 17

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    ***Ammo/cash/etc. Mule Opportunity*** heading from NWI via I-65 to Columbus to SR 46 to Nashville, IN tomorrow (6/3), and I am returning Tuesday (6/6) and heading back up around 1pm ish (after golf, lunch, & BSing you know). PM me if we can meet up. (Monday will be a "no-go" (unless you want to drive to Salt Creek Golf Resort) as we are playing 2 rounds, :cheers:, and tomfoolery will be mandatory.)

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    Hey all, this may seem like a silly question but is this event more geared towards just youth or is like an all ages type thing? I'm pretty new to this forum and wanted to make the last meetup but had prior obligations. This event seems like a good time but I don't want to be the guy showing up by himself with no kids lol. I don't have much to bring besides food and cash but I would be more than happy to lend an extra set of hands where they might be needed. Thanks in advance for any info!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hey all, this may seem like a silly question but is this event more geared towards just youth or is like an all ages type thing? I'm pretty new to this forum and wanted to make the last meetup but had prior obligations. This event seems like a good time but I don't want to be the guy showing up by himself with no kids lol. I don't have much to bring besides food and cash but I would be more than happy to lend an extra set of hands where they might be needed. Thanks in advance for any info!
    This is open for all, just geared to youth. The range will be for those shooting but I'm sure they'll love extra hands to help out and safety.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

It's more geared towards being a "learning" thing.
    We cover basic firearms safety, and getting rounds on the target.
    If that's what you want, then come on by.

If you just want to bang away, the range will reopen at noon.
    Some of us stick around to shoot, because instructors don't really get much shooting done.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As for ages, I taught family that had a blind granddad, a daughter, and a grandson.

So any age is welcome to learn.
    As long as they are responsible.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We had a dad a couple years ago that came over to the shotgun area, by himself, wanting to learn how to shoot one. He told us his wife and child, who was too small, were in line for the .22's again. He was a good, listening learner and caught on quickly. He enjoyed his experience so much that he came back later and wanted to try again.

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    It's more geared towards being a "learning" thing.
    We cover basic firearms safety, and getting rounds on the target.
    If that's what you want, then come on by.

If you just want to bang away, the range will reopen at noon.
    Some of us stick around to shoot, because instructors don't really get much shooting done.

Sounds like this will also be a good opportunity for me to learn a couple of things too! Looks like I will see you guys (and gals) there. I can bring some ammo and something to eat. There will be food, no?

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    65 people registered as of tonight.
    Winamanc manager will be on a radio talk show tomorrow talking about the event so expect an uptick as well.

They have also posted ad in local newspaper.
    Ill update the ammo count tomorrow.
    .22lr is always welcomed.
    Plus water, ice and cups.

BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    I'll be driving out if all goes well from NJ this weekend to work on my house in Winamac. Would like to help. I have few goodies and some rounds if necessary. My place is minutes away. -Brian

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    65 people registered as of tonight.
    Winamanc manager will be on a radio talk show tomorrow talking about the event so expect an uptick as well.

They have also posted ad in local newspaper.
    Ill update the ammo count tomorrow.
    .22lr is always welcomed.
    Plus water, ice and cups.

Should I register for this or just show up? Also, I can't seem to find what time it will be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom