• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have had this obsession with the M&P Shield, mainly the 3.1" version that started for me with a M2.0 9mm
    Then I came across a used M&P Shield Plus Performance Center Ported with fiber optics sights 9mm
    Then came a M&P Shield Plus Optics Ready 9mm
    And Saturday came across a 4th M&P Shield M1.0 Performance Center in 40 S&W
    I put 10% down & have three months to pay it off
    I have several hundred rounds of 40 S&W & a pile of holsters for this upcoming 40 pistol
    Also have a 4" M&P Shield 380EZ too!
    There has to be an end to this~~ They also make them in 45acp too Hmmmmm? HaHaHa!!!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane
    Gotta be careful, haven't had a judge declare me mentally incompetent, can still pass a 4473

Recently sold three H&Ks, two Glocks & Two SIGs & this is the result
    M&P Shield Sickness + also picked up a Springfield Hellcat OSP too!

PA080029.JPG
    Upcoming 40 S&W M1.0 M&P Shield Performance Center
    R.jpg R (1).jpg
    Scored an M&P by Smith & Wesson marked optic locally for $130 OTD for the Optic Ready Shield Plus last week
    PA190001 (1).JPG PA190008.JPG
    This a Shield SMS unmarked to be sold by S&W with their handguns
    PA190002 (1).JPG
    P8120011.JPG P8210003 (1).JPG
    HEADKNOCKER, Might Show You His Smith & Wesson

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Have you had much time behind the Romeo Zero? Interested in how you like it, what dot size it is, etc..

I'm thinking of putting one on my TX22 when I buy one. I like the weight factor of it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have had this obsession with the M&P Shield, mainly the 3.1" version that started for me with a M2.0 9mm
    Then I came across a used M&P Shield Plus Performance Center Ported with fiber optics sights 9mm
    Then came a M&P Shield Plus Optics Ready 9mm
    And Saturday came across a 4th M&P Shield M1.0 Performance Center in 40 S&W
    I put 10% down & have three months to pay it off
    I have several hundred rounds of 40 S&W & a pile of holsters for this upcoming 40 pistol
    Also have a 4" M&P Shield 380EZ too!
    There has to be an end to this~~ They also make them in 45acp too Hmmmmm? HaHaHa!!!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane
    Gotta be careful, haven't had a judge declare me mentally incompetent, can still pass a 4473

Recently sold three H&Ks, two Glocks & Two SIGs & this is the result
    M&P Shield Sickness + also picked up a Springfield Hellcat OSP too!

View attachment 232431
    Upcoming 40 S&W M1.0 M&P Shield Performance Center
    View attachment 232433 View attachment 232434
    Scored an M&P by Smith & Wesson marked optic locally for $130 OTD for the Optic Ready Shield Plus last week
    View attachment 232437 View attachment 232438
    This a Shield SMS unmarked to be sold by S&W with their handguns
    View attachment 232439
    View attachment 232440 View attachment 232441
    HEADKNOCKER, Might Show You His Smith & Wesson
    I'll wait for the 17rd shield plus.
    Or the 17rd Ruger Max 9.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Addictions can be a lot of fun...if they're chosen correctly! And crazy can be fun too...
    I've gone a bit crazy with .22lr items this past summer and fall...they're a hoot to shoot!!!
    I used to have a Shield in .45 acp, but I sold it when we had some medical bills to pay.
    About 3 weeks ago I picked up a 'barely' used S&W Shield 9mm (G2) at a LGS and then, last week, they had a S&W Shield .40 come in (they came in from the same individual, I found out later) that was also 'barely' used...and I picked that up as well! I decided that I want to get a .357SIG barrel for the .40 and shoot that and see how that goes...but I also want to get a .45 acp back in the stable as that also has a nice fit-n-feel in my grip! With smaller sized hands, the Shield is actually a nice 'fit'!

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Have you had much time behind the Romeo Zero? Interested in how you like it, what dot size it is, etc..

I'm thinking of putting one on my TX22 when I buy one. I like the weight factor of it.
    I got that Romeo Zero a month ago for $80 on the SigForum
    I mounted it & modified a U Notch into the rear of it by lowering the adjustment screw & using a small round needle file & then a piece of sandpaper wrapped around it to make it smooth, now it can co-witness the front sight much better which is a night sight on the Hellcat

Before the mod below
    P8120012.JPG
    After mod from above showing the U Notch
    P8130008.JPG $80 Romeo Zero II.jpg
    The metal shroud also raises the whole sight by about a millimeter which I did not want, that blocks the co-witness by a smidge
    Had to also cut the M4 screws down on the Hellcat to .095" protrusion = better than using washers IMO
    Mounted a new DL1632 battery with a small amount of blue Loctite on the threads of the screws & tightened to 8-inch pounds
    P8100005.JPG Hellcat Optics Screws.JPG
    I have not shot the Springfield Armory Hellcat YET, but am ready to do so now that I have eight magazines
    Just picked it up a month ago or so~~~

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Best thing I did with my Shield 40 was putting a 357 sig barrel in it.

Highly recommend it.
    Question - how is the felt recoil from the .357SIG...did you need a different recoil spring or did you just run it 'as is' with the different barrel in it? Which manufacture of barrel did you go with...Lone Wolf, Remsport, etc?

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    TR-Enabling conversion barrel, stock recoil spring and magazines. Up to about 750-800 rounds and its never had an issue.

Hard to say on the recoil because I immediately swapped it and I shoot 357sig a bit. Sig 229, HK USP and a USPC all with 357 barrels.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I get it.

As an HK person I've landed on keeping USP's. Expert, Full size and Compact. I've sold off all my "SK's" (VP, 30 and 2K). Shield and Sig 365 just work better for me as that small pistol.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I'm just thinning the heard some even though I bought 3-4 M&P Shields
    Sold two Glocks, two SIGs, three H&Ks, & a Ruger in the past few months
    I'm old now & don't really need but ONE, BUT they are an obsession

OK the 4th M&P Shield 1.0 40 S&W Performance Center was picked up today
    I got two 6-round flush fit magazines with it & ordered a 7-round extended one for $25

My idea for getting it was to swap my M2.0s frame to the 40 S&W PC & put the 1.0 frame on the 9mm
    I didn't see any difference in the ejectors BUT went ahead & swapped the sear assemblies & also swapped the sears & used the 2.0 sear with the 2.0 10 degrees striker
    Also traded the triggers & locking blocks too + slide stop levers
    Broke out my hard foam block & drove the two roll pins out of each frame with the proper roll pin punch, cleaned & swapped all part & re-assembled
    I have several 1.0 9mm magazines with the extension & one 2.0 magazine with the rough sleeve, I will swap these sleeves to match each pistol

Parts trading went perfectly & now the 1.0 is a 2.0 & the M2.0 is a 1.0 except for how the slides are marked
    Only difference in the Performance Center I could see other than the ported barrel & night sights was the rounded bottom striker safety plunger on the PC
    The striker sears are different between the 1.0 & 2.0, the 2.0 has a beveled angle that matches the 10 degrees break on the striker = shown below

Here is the Performance Center 40 Shield in the rough M2.0 frame with 2.0 sear & striker, has night sights & ported barrel & slide
    PA280038.JPG
    Here is the 9mm remains in the M1.0 smooth frame with 1.0 trigger, sear, striker, & 2.0 safety + slide stop lever
    Have one M2.0 rough texture 7-round magazine sleeve for the 40 S&W MAGAzine I have coming
    I prefer the finger extension so had to get the extra magazine for the 40

PA280037.JPG
    The four I had out for inspection + cleaning & lubrication while I had the stuff out...

PA270016.JPG
    PA280043.JPG

Have an extended 7-round magazine in 40 S&W coming for the PC Shield40, should be here next Tuesday @ $25

Here is the difference between the 1.0 & 2.0 Strikers
    10 Degrees.jpg
    Here is the 2.0 10 degrees angle sear that reverse matches the 2.0 striker, note the bevel at the tip, marked "R"
    s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

More to Come sometime soon
    Thinking about trying to get a Shield Plus factory flat faced trigger to put in the Shield PC40
    Not interested in the Apex aluminum one

s-l1600.jpg

Take Care & Be Safe INGO Members, Carry All Day Every Day, You Never Know When It Will Be Needed

Top Bottom