• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewhitehouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Corydon, IN
    Ive been reading about the .460 rifle in the TC encore kicking like a angry mule. I'm here to say that my 6ft 3 170lb frame shot this and it felt like a slug through a 20 gauge shotgun. The worst part to me was the barrel jump. It does have a good "POP" to it. It caught me off guard for sure. I have a bum shoulder and am very iffy on recoil issues. It just hurts like the dickens. This gun is one i would not hesitate to let my girlfriend use, If she can shoot her 20 gauge with a turkey load with minimal pain, this gun will be well taken to.

Just my 2 cents worth. I know everyone sees recoil differently but from a lanky skinny guy that a good breeze might blow over, this gun is extremely easy and fun to shoot. Just make sure to wear some safety glasses on that first shot. :ar15:

BTW: mine is the pro hunter with the recoil dampening stock that comes with it from T/C

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I sort of like the Ruger #1 in 460. With the slightly longer barrel etc might soak up a bit more recoil. Thought I might give it a try but you cant beat the TC's versatility.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I presume that the rifles, like revolvers chambered for it, can also shoot .454 Casull, .45 Colt, and .45 Schofield?

ewhitehouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Corydon, IN
    if I have been told correctly, yes.
    But after shooting the .460 and its recoil is not too bad, I dont think i would even mess with the 454 or 45lc unless I had ammo around or were reloading them just to shoot some paper.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Makes perfect sense!

I'd just as soon have the "biggest" if I were in the market - then could step down as ammo availability / cost became an issue. Or game I was after changed.

(Interesting historical note: The development of the .45 Schofield (or .45 S&W) is what has prompted the .45 Colt to be known as the ".45 Long Colt...even though that's technically incorrect)

-J-

if I have been told correctly, yes.
    But after shooting the .460 and its recoil is not too bad, I dont think i would even mess with the 454 or 45lc unless I had ammo around or were reloading them just to shoot some paper.

Top Bottom