• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Most people would be surprised how many ladies enjoy the full sized pistols after shooting them. It really is time to stop with all the "ladies gun" stuff.
    Those full sized pistols are scary. Much better to give them a pink micro pistol. /purple

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Sig P238 nickel HD has some extra weight (20 oz), racks very easily and shoots steady. I know some aren't fans of 380 or the extra safety, etc, but it really is a simple reliable gun which is a favorite. above all, would recommend shooting several different weapons at a range and taking some lessons.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    If it is for price, there are a lot of options, but considering how many micro 9mm guns are out there, why go smaller caliber for the same size gun?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If it is for price, there are a lot of options, but considering how many micro 9mm guns are out there, why go smaller caliber for the same size gun?

Because recoil is a relationship between size of the gun and size of the cartridge. The perception that .380s have less recoil is FALSE. How many micro pocket guns with pink or purple grips have been sold to people under that pretense. Now reduced felt recoil of .380 in a larger gun would make sense. Of course 9mm in an even larger gun might make more sense.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Because recoil is a relationship between size of the gun and size of the cartridge. The perception that .380s have less recoil is FALSE. How many micro pocket guns with pink or purple grips have been sold to people under that pretense. Now reduced felt recoil of .380 in a larger gun would make sense. Of course 9mm in an even larger gun might make more sense.

I have found that, especially in the women I have taught to shoot, that "perception" is the key word in finding the right fit in handgun. I have shot many of the micro .380 handguns and have found that the P238 has the lightest perceived recoil. My wife believes the same. Others thought my Taurus 85, or the CM9 had lighter recoil. The thing is...everyone must find what works the best for them. If you are not recoil sensitive, it is hard to understand why one person chooses one pistol over the other.

And yes... the LCP has way more recoil than the CM9 or the Taurus 85 because the LCP is so very small and light, even though the caliber is also smaller.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have found that, especially in the women I have taught to shoot, that "perception" is the key word in finding the right fit in handgun. I have shot many of the micro .380 handguns and have found that the P238 has the lightest perceived recoil. My wife believes the same. Others thought my Taurus 85, or the CM9 had lighter recoil. The thing is...everyone must find what works the best for them. If you are not recoil sensitive, it is hard to understand why one person chooses one pistol over the other.

Perception is important. I have let people shoot a full size 1911 in 9mm with reduced loads and they have handed it back saying too much recoil. Why? Because the gun is big, heavy and scary. It's all about mindset.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    This argument worked on me, but I cannot get my wife to shoot my CM9 of P938 anymore. "Too much kick." She is in love with her P238 Rainbow. I could not get it away from her for anything.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Perception is important. I have let people shoot a full size 1911 in 9mm with reduced loads and they have handed it back saying too much recoil. Why? Because the gun is big, heavy and scary. It's all about mindset.

LOL. Doesn't make sense does it?

My wife won't shoot my Hi-Powers either, for the same reason.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    This argument worked on me, but I cannot get my wife to shoot my CM9 of P938 anymore. "Too much kick." She is in love with her P238 Rainbow. I could not get it away from her for anything.

Have her try the G43. Pretty good recoil.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My wife has the same problem and the answer for her was the Bersa 380 , very manageable slide

I tried to convince her that she should try the Bersa...she is not interested. Even though I have 20 handguns, she for some reason believes she only needs one. :scratch:

Have her try the G43. Pretty good recoil.

I want one of those for myself...but can't convince the boss that I need 21 handguns.:laugh:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Perception... probably the biggest factor for most women (many guys too). My wife judges everything else by her chiappa MC14 (Beretta 84FS fraternal twin). It's heavy with soft springs, shooting .380. anything that kicks harder (which is pretty much everything) she doesn't like :ugh:

I tried to convince her that she should try the Bersa...she is not interested. Even though I have 20 handguns, she for some reason believes she only needs one. :scratch:

I want one of those for myself...but can't convince the boss that I need 21 handguns.:laugh:

Just one... My wife too. Some people are silly like that. Same with cars. Why would you ever have only one car? Whenever I hear difficulties from having a car in the shop I'm confused for a minute till I remember not everybody A. has multiple functioning vehicles and B. fixes their own car (bike, motorcycle, gun, house, etc).

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

You're doing something wrong if you haven't explained that guns naturally reproduce when left together unsupervised in the safe for any length of time..... kind of like women's shoes.

Top Bottom