• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Yeah, but I don't want to install a dvd player out on the deck. I'd have to reconfigure my tv cabinet/box and it's not worth it. To my way of thinking, if it's been on tv for free at any time (which Unforgiven has I'm pretty sure), it should be available on demand. I get Peacock for free with Xfinity, and I subscribe to Paramount+ ($4.99/month). That's as far as I'm willing to go.
    Unforgiven was on Grit (Ch.6.2) just the other night. I watched it for free.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Sergio’s once upon a time in the west is the best film for pure film markers sake in history. The first 15 minutes alone would be worth the whole current price to see a movie.

The story builds and builds unraveling until it becomes clear what is really going on.

Once upon a time
    Outlaw Josie Wales
    Jeremiah johnson
    Unforgiven
    Tombstone
    The searchers )another film makers film)
    Rio bravo
    The sons of Katie elder
    Pat Garret and Billy the kid
    Star Wars 4 a new hope

That would be my top ten westerns.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Tombstone remains my favorite. Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday is one of the most iconic characters of my lifespan IMO. Unforgiven is certainly a top 10 for me as well.

I've never seen Unforgiven, but I have to agree with everything else in this post. Val as Doc in Tombstone is as good as it gets. My 2nd favorite western... hmmm... Back to the Future 3??? ;)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I need to watch Unforgiven again. I haven't watched it since it came out in the theatre and I wasn't that impressed back then. I'm sure I'll like it much better now but there is no way it is the greatest Western ever. Lonesome Dove is and always will be the greatest Western. I don't care that it is a mini series and no mere movie could hope to match the bar that it sets.

I tend to like the John Wayne Westerns over Clint Eastwood's but my top 10 would feature more Tom Selleck than either of them. Open Range and Tombstone would definitely be in my top 10 as well. Many probably won't agree that it is Top 10 worthy or even a Western but The Man from Snowy River would be firmly on my list as well.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I need to watch Unforgiven again. I haven't watched it since it came out in the theatre and I wasn't that impressed back then. I'm sure I'll like it much better now but there is no way it is the greatest Western ever. Lonesome Dove is and always will be the greatest Western. I don't care that it is a mini series and no mere movie could hope to match the bar that it sets.

I tend to like the John Wayne Westerns over Clint Eastwood's but my top 10 would feature more Tom Selleck than either of them. Open Range and Tombstone would definitely be in my top 10 as well. Many probably won't agree that it is Top 10 worthy or even a Western but The Man from Snowy River would be firmly on my list as well.

Lonesome Dove is another outstanding one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nobody mentioned George Roy Hill's classic from 1969...

We've been trying to pick out one movie per night to watch, either from Peacock or Paramount+ and I just added this to the list from Paramount+. :thumbsup: Also added "McClintock" and "The Shootist" (although I don't think The Shootist qualifies as a western).

Top Bottom