• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    View attachment 292822 Most fun I’ve had at range in a while. Mainly because I was blown away by function and accuracy of the p07 kadet. The 75 kadet just did what it always does.

I’m thinking the kadet kit on p07 just made my no safety model tx22 expendable
    Which TX22 you getting rid of this time? I need details man...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like my TX22C but recently had been considering switching to a Ruger MKIV.

I have a MKII but I don’t care for the mag release which was one of the reasons I bought the TX. That and the price.
    I definitely like my TX22 compact. Could be interested in another if the deal was right. The one you have is a compact with the optic cut?

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Spent another afternoon at the indoor range, trying to squeak a little more accuracy out of the BCA / INGO 22 rifle.

I had ran a bunch of ballistic tables last night, and realized the bullets were likely transitioning to subsonic before reaching 25 yards so I tried some CCI subsonic rounds. No real improvement.

Part of the issue is I can't really support the rear of the rifle well enough to have high confidence that some of the inaccuracy is not me.

This has become typical when reasonably well supported. I was hoping for better.

1000001482.jpg 1000001481.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Spent another afternoon at the indoor range, trying to squeak a little more accuracy out of the BCA / INGO 22 rifle.

I had ran a bunch of ballistic tables last night, and realized the bullets were likely transitioning to subsonic before reaching 25 yards so I tried some CCI subsonic rounds. No real improvement.

Part of the issue is I can't really support the rear of the rifle well enough to have high confidence that some of the inaccuracy is not me.

This has become typical when reasonably well supported. I was hoping for better.

View attachment 294189 View attachment 294190
    Are you overall happy with it. Been debating getting one of their 22 uppers. I have one in 223 wylde currently on my ingo lower and after a couple initial range visits I haven’t touched it. Which I hate. Thst is not my style at all to not shoot what i have regularly

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Are you overall happy with it. Been debating getting one of their 22 uppers. I have one in 223 wylde currently on my ingo lower and after a couple initial range visits I haven’t touched it. Which I hate. Thst is not my style at all to not shoot what i have regularly
    @zachcz

Overall, yes, however that comes with several qualifications

The instructions from BCA were quite frankly awful.

No buffer Spring is needed, and they didn't tell me that. I was also highly suspect of the firing pin profile. I had quite a bit of difficulty, especially with some federal ammunition which used harder brass. After reprofiling the firing pin I was able to get reliable ignition.

The bore has tooling marks from about an inch in front of the chamber To about 6 or 7 inches from the chamber.
    I believe primarily because of the machining marks, the barrel has picked up quite a bit of fouling.

I enjoy it as an AR format 22 long rifle which maintains the same manual of arms as my Other ARs. I had really hoped the rifle would be more accurate. I think it will allow me to accomplish what I plan to use it for, but it has not met my best case accuracy expectations. To be fair, my benchmark is a Mossberg 46b which is just a tack driver.

The BCA upper sits on an INGO lower with a PSA Magpul kit, and a La Rue MBT2s trigger. Bushnell drop zone optic in a Weaver cantilever mount.

Regardless of the above though, it is just fun to blast away with.

There really were no other options. Everything else was either out of stock, or obscenely expensive.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    After having two prior Ruger Chargers, I can't believe how much fun I'm having with this 3rd one I picked up this summer from Zackcz.
    I actually picked it up for him when he wanted to buy it up North, since he was working & I'm retired.
    Nice having friends to help out in the hobby. :ingo: :cheers:
    When I got over the fact that it was not a strange rifle but a pistol like other long barreled pistols,
    I have, I'm loving it.
    So accurate, by my aging standards, haha! :fogey:

Decided to use a different type target I had & only aimed at the symbol on each "card."
    Used Federal AutoMatch, 40 grain, 1200 FPS with SLN (solid lead nose).
    1st row distance at 45' & 2nd row was at 30'.
    I have a Bushnell red dot on it that I bought new years ago.
    5 rds per symbol on each card, using Federal AutoMatch (40 gr, 1200 FPS with SLN (solid lead nose).
    If I put a scope on it, I'd try it at 75' since with a red dot I can barely see the symbol at 45', haha! :laugh:

Range 8.25.2023 30ft & 45ft using Fed ATMTCH on  playing cards.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Took the SW 17-2 that I have for sale back to the range for another 102 rounds of both DA & SA fun using the Hogue grips.

Used Federal AutoMatch, 40 grain, 1200 FPS, SLN.
    21' at 3/4" squares both DA & SA.
    6 rds each square.
    Range 8.25.2023 1 of 4 .75in squares.jpg Range 8.25.2023 2 of 4 .75in squares.jpg Range 8.25.2023 3 of 4 .75in squares.jpg Range 8.25.2023 4 of 4 .75in squares.jpg
    08.04.2023 left side pic.jpg 08.04.2023 right side pic.jpg

Attachments

• left side.jpg
      left side.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Went to the range this morning to shoot a couple metal 22s. Like always whole place to myself. These are accurate enough for plinkers and a lot of fun to shoot

View attachment 294035
    I'll have to say that the Beretta 92 in .22lr has become my favorite semi-auto .22lr pistol.
    I've had a Ruger Mark IV Hunter, a Ruger SR-22, a Taurus TX-22, to name a few...
    The Beretta is the most accurate and the SA trigger contributes to better accuracy, IMO.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Took the SW 17-2 that I have for sale back to the range for another 102 rounds of both DA & SA fun using the Hogue grips.

Used Federal AutoMatch, 40 grain, 1200 FPS, SLN.
    21' at 3/4" squares both DA & SA.
    6 rds each square.
    View attachment 295244 View attachment 295245 View attachment 295246 View attachment 295247
    View attachment 295252 View attachment 295253
    And now your fun level just went up another notch...
    Let the competition begin...and let us know the results!!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up another Ruger Charger this past weekend.
    Having 2 guns of the same model to shoot against each other only elevates my enjoyment.
    After I've had my fun with both, I'll part with one of them.

Last month's polymer CHRGR I put a red dot on it.
    This wood model came with a scope.
    It is not really comparing apples to apples since I can hardly see the bullseye at 45' & not at all at 75'.
    I limited my shooting to 30' & 45' today except for a couple of circles with the wood/scoped model.

Today, both showed themselves capable of cloverleafs & good groups in general.
    I think the wood/scope has the edge though, whether it be inherent or just my eyes. :scratch:

I started out using Federal AutoMatch, which I've used successfully with the polymer/red dot, but surprisingly, the wood/scope had cycling issues 12/75 rds (FTL & FTE).
    When I switched to CCI SV, there were no issues in the 75 rds I put through it.
    I've never had 2 models of the same gun having differences in ammo preferences, but I have heard of it.
    I can't wait to test out a bevy of other ammo brands in the wood/scope to see if it's going to be finicky with any others.

The "inner" circle is 3/8".
    I was happy with the groups from both guns, especially the cloverleafs, which are rare for me.
    Range 1st time 8.28.2023 Both Wood & Polymer.jpg pic from ad.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    2nd range outing with the "Wood" Ruger Charger (to delineate it from my polymer R. CHRGR).
    The first range time I discovered that it didn't like Federal AutoMatch, which surprised me.
    There were 12/75 cycling issues (FTL & FTE, stovepipes) using Fed. ATMTCH.
    When I switched to CCI SV, there were 0/75 issues.

Today I used 6 ammo brands with little or no issues:
    - Remington Golden Bullets 36 gr, HP (2/40 stovepipes)
    - CCI Mini-Mags 40 gr (0/25 issues)
    - Armscor 36 gr, HP (1/25 issues)
    - CCI Blazer 38 gr, 1235 FPS (0/25 issues)
    - Winchester 38 gr, HP, 1280 FPS, CSN (2/25 stovepipes)
    - Remington 22 Thunderbolts (0/25 issues)

On the top row of 4 circles & the last row of circles 1 & 2, the rail began to loosened & I had to tighten it up & dial the scope in again.
    CCI Mini-Mags & CCI Blazer (row 2 & 4 were the most accurate of these brands).

Love the accuracy of the Ruger Chargers. :D
    I usually shoot 30' when using a red dot or scope, but with a 1-4 scope I can see at 45'.

All rounds at 45'.
    Supposed to be 5 rds each circle. :dunno:
    The inner green circle was a hair over 3/8".
    Range 2nd time only Wood R. CHRGR w6 ammo brands.jpg pic from ad.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    2nd range outing with the "Wood" Ruger Charger (to delineate it from my polymer R. CHRGR).
    The first range time I discovered that it didn't like Federal AutoMatch, which surprised me.
    There were 12/75 cycling issues (FTL & FTE, stovepipes) using Fed. ATMTCH.
    When I switched to CCI SV, there were 0/75 issues.

Today I used 6 ammo brands with little or no issues:
    - Remington Golden Bullets 36 gr, HP (2/40 stovepipes)
    - CCI Mini-Mags 40 gr (0/25 issues)
    - Armscor 36 gr, HP (1/25 issues)
    - CCI Blazer 38 gr, 1235 FPS (0/25 issues)
    - Winchester 38 gr, HP, 1280 FPS, CSN (2/25 stovepipes)
    - Remington 22 Thunderbolts (0/25 issues)

On the top row of 4 circles & the last row of circles 1 & 2, the rail began to loosened & I had to tighten it up & dial the scope in again.
    CCI Mini-Mags & CCI Blazer (row 2 & 4 were the most accurate of these brands).

Love the accuracy of the Ruger Chargers. :D
    I usually shoot 30' when using a red dot or scope, but with a 1-4 scope I can see at 45'.

All rounds at 45'.
    Supposed to be 5 rds each circle. :dunno:
    The inner green circle was a hair over 3/8". View attachment 296582 View attachment 296583
    Nice-looking Charger you have there sir!!!
    How's that trigger working for you?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Nice-looking Charger you have there sir!!!
    How's that trigger working for you?
    Trigger fine.
    The rear nut/bolt was stripped out on the one piece mount for the rings.
    Zackcz tried to repair it today, put had to put another set of rings on it.
    The old mount with the 2 rings were not repairable/salvageable.

The rail had loosened up, which I discovered when it started shooting imprecisely.
    That's when the trouble with the one-piece rings started when trying to put scope back on rail.
    Zackcz used some blue Loctite to set the rail, won't have to worry about it again.
    Can't wait to dial the scope in again. :alright:

My other polymer R. CHRGR I've got, I'm going to take off the red dot & put a scope on it so I'll be able to have a real head-to-head competition with the Wood CHRGR. :shoot:
    My idea of fun. :rockwoot:
    Love the "cheap scope," on it, which is better than some other handgun scopes I've got, haha! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom