• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Yikes! Did you use a jag with the patches or a brass brush covered with the patch?
    Both. When I started barrel was so clogged nothing would go through so plugged it with patch and filled wirh Barnes and let sit a while. Had to start with a .177 brush I had laying around. Also used bore snakes and some pure copper chore boy strands. I’m not much of a let it soak type. Would it have helped who knows. Kinda like waiting on a train. I’d rather be driving and moving trying to get around it even
    If I save no time I didn’t have to sit and wait.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    These three products, two and a half hours, and probably 200 patches.
    View attachment 245366
    good grief, Zack!
    I should’ve given you some of my materials for cleaning so not to use used so many of yours.
    now I feel guilty about letting you satiate your curiosity, and we will have to talk about more than a hearty Thank you, merry Christmas, and happy new year for compensation, ha ha!
    I know you dream big, but I’m not giving you the gun, ha ha!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I noticed you were at 15 feet.
    Was the barrel that fouled up?
    If you have a bore camera I'd like to see it before cleaning.
    How many rounds do you have through it?
    It seems like several 22LR pistols from several manufacturers are having problems.
    I wonder if 22lr ammo manufacturers are using cheaper lead nowadays that is causing the problems?
    A follow up about how many rounds I've put through it.
    I bought it in September (actually Aug 31st) from a member here.
    I've only put 200 rounds through it.
    Don't know how many rounds were on it when I bought it & don't remember if I cleaned it before shooting, assuming it had been cleaned before being sold.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    good grief, Zack!
    I should’ve given you some of my materials for cleaning so not to use used so many of yours.
    now I feel guilty about letting you satiate your curiosity, and we will have to talk about more than a hearty Thank you, merry Christmas, and happy new year for compensation, ha ha!
    I know you dream big, but I’m not giving you the gun, ha ha!
    You don’t have to give me the unreliable sw41 for my troubles. I’ll gladly take some ammo or beer or movie theater popcorn

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You don’t have to give me the unreliable sw41 for my troubles. I’ll gladly take some ammo or beer or movie theater popcorn
    I never fail to be humored at your lack of love for the SW 41. :laugh:
    Of course, anyone who prefers the feel of plastic in their hands to metal, no surprise there, haha!
    I do love shooting it! :rockwoot:
    You shouldn't think less of the SW 41 just b/c I can't shoot it as its reputation deserves, haha! :dunno:

As to your compensation, better stick with trying to pry some of my ammo stash for your shooting pleasure, haha!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Zackcz got the Bersa Thunder .22LR barrel that was leaded up severely all sparkly again. :ingo:

As a function check I put 40 rounds downrange & it did its usual job of shooting after keyholing last time.
    It's shooting good enough at 15' to keep me interested since I like to have at least 1 small pistol to play with.

Ignore the big black, gray & orange oblong targets which were for a Brwng Bckmrk Vision
    using 3 ammo brands.
    The Bersa was on the four .75" red dot circles placed between those bigger targets.
    Yes, I'm that thrifty/cheap :dunno: that I didn't want to break out a new target just for this small pistol, haha!
    10 rounds each red circle using CCI Mini Mags at 15'.
    Range 1.04.2023 .75inch red dots on used target.jpg #4 used with red dot sights shown in pic.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got a "new" toy from Zackcz: a Browning Buckmark Vision. :rockwoot:
    Sorry it wasn't a Xmas present, but he made me pay for it, haha! :laugh:
    I have 3 Buckmarks now, since I find them more accurate than the "others" of its price range like the SW Victory & Ruger Mark 4. :thumbsup:
    I wish I'd kept a Buckmark 7.25" barrel, but sold it after I got my 10" Buckmark Target that can't be beat. :wallbash:
    But, I missed having a non-optic Buckmark. :crying:

For that role, in November, I picked up a Browning Buckmark "Silver" (don't know what else to call it.
    "Pro Target" is on the box, but I think that is an over-the-top descriptor, so I'm going with the color, "Silver," haha!).

When this Brwng Bckmrk Vision became available w/o the red dot, I thought it would be fun to see how the Vision & the Silver, since they were both non-optic, would compete with each other for the Browning non-optic spot in my safe, haha! :laugh:

The Vision comes with a Vortex red dot, but it was sold off.
    It shoots great with just the iron sights & worth the price I got from Zackcz, after he "stripped" it of the Vortex, haha!
    I wanted to find out if it would beat the Brwng Bckmrk Silver I have that doesn't have an optic.

I liked the Vision so well, maybe if I can figure out a way to get a picatinny rail on it to put a red dot.
    I might do so since I think it could compete with my other optic pistols.
    Not going to pay $100 for the privilege, but we'll see. :nono:
    Since I had the smashing 10" Bckmrk, I only bought a 2nd Buckmark b/c I wanted one w/o an optic, but that why this is called a hobby. :D
    We make it up as we go along if we're having fun, haha! :ingo:

Used CCI Mini Mags at 21' on 3.75" circles.
    Tightened it up on the 2nd target, don't know how I got worse on the 3rd target. :wallbash:
    Range 1.04.2023 1st day 3.75in circles.jpg

Went to a used 1.75" circles.
    Old target with Brwng Bckmrk "Silver" on top row, ignore 2nd row with SW 422.
    See 3rd row for today's B. B. Vision = 100%. :rockwoot:
    Range 1.04.2023 1st day 1.75in circles 100%.jpg

Wanted to try out 3 different ammo brands.
    Red/Orange oblong cirlces are 1.75" x 2.75".
    CCI Mini Mags on top didn't do as well as when I shot at the 1.75" circles??? :dunno:
    Federal AutoMatch did not disappoint in the middle.
    On bottom the CCI Blazers didn't do as well as I thought they would???
    Gun was getting dirty, not sure it's ever been cleaned.
    I'll clean it & do a repeat of these brands.
    Based on the 1.75" circles, I might put a red dot back on it.
    But, based on these targets, I would not.
    We'll see how it does after cleaning/lubing.
    Range 1.04.2023 x3 ammo brands.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Zackcz got the Bersa Thunder .22LR barrel that was leaded up severely all sparkly again. :ingo:

As a function check I put 40 rounds downrange & it did its usual job of shooting after keyholing last time.
    It's shooting good enough at 15' to keep me interested since I like to have at least 1 small pistol to play with.

Ignore the big black, gray & orange oblong targets which were for a Brwng Bckmrk Vision
    using 3 ammo brands.
    The Bersa was on the four .75" red dot circles placed between those bigger targets.
    Yes, I'm that thrifty/cheap :dunno: that I didn't want to break out a new target just for this small pistol, haha!
    10 rounds each red circle using CCI Mini Mags at 15'.
    View attachment 246127 View attachment 246128
    Did you check the barrel after firing the 40 shots?
    I'm wondering if it is getting leaded again maybe a barrel that needs changed?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Did you check the barrel after firing the 40 shots?
    I'm wondering if it is getting leaded again maybe a barrel that needs changed?

pic with leaded barrel before Zackcz cleaned it, and cleaned it, and cleaned it.
    leaded barrel Bersa 1.01.2023.jpeg

Here are 10 pics after the 10 rds of CCI Mini-Mags.
    cleaned & after 40 rds #1.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #2.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #3.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #4.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #5.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #6.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #7.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #8.jpg cleaned & after 40 rds #9.jpg

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    @doddg ... loving the Buckmark Vision!

I also picked up a BM Vision as a Christmas present to myself and to use as a suppressor host (this is the year I finally get into the suppressor game ... maybe). I got the "Mountain" version of the Vision, and it came with a factory standard rear sight/picatinny rail installed. So, you may want to contact Browning directly to buy one from them.

Or, maybe the Tactical Solutions pic rail will work with your Vision ... https://tacticalsol.com/Products.aspx?CAT=12588

Since it looks like you have the factory base to install the Vortex Crossfire RD, you could just pick the RD from A&A Optics ... https://aaoptics.com/ (the Owner Alan Alcorn is an INGO Advertiser and all around good dude).

Keep us posted on your progress.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Got a "new" toy from Zackcz: a Browning Buckmark Vision. :rockwoot:
    Sorry it wasn't a Xmas present, but he made me pay for it, haha! :laugh:
    I have 3 Buckmarks now, since I find them more accurate than the "others" of its price range like the SW Victory & Ruger Mark 4. :thumbsup:
    I wish I'd kept a Buckmark 7.25" barrel, but sold it after I got my 10" Buckmark Target that can't be beat. :wallbash:
    But, I missed having a non-optic Buckmark. :crying:

For that role, in November, I picked up a Browning Buckmark "Silver" (don't know what else to call it.
    "Pro Target" is on the box, but I think that is an over-the-top descriptor, so I'm going with the color, "Silver," haha!).

When this Brwng Bckmrk Vision became available w/o the red dot, I thought it would be fun to see how the Vision & the Silver, since they were both non-optic, would compete with each other for the Browning non-optic spot in my safe, haha! :laugh:

The Vision comes with a Vortex red dot, but it was sold off.
    It shoots great with just the iron sights & worth the price I got from Zackcz, after he "stripped" it of the Vortex, haha!
    I wanted to find out if it would beat the Brwng Bckmrk Silver I have that doesn't have an optic.

I liked the Vision so well, maybe if I can figure out a way to get a picatinny rail on it to put a red dot.
    I might do so since I think it could compete with my other optic pistols.
    Not going to pay $100 for the privilege, but we'll see. :nono:
    Since I had the smashing 10" Bckmrk, I only bought a 2nd Buckmark b/c I wanted one w/o an optic, but that why this is called a hobby. :D
    We make it up as we go along if we're having fun, haha! :ingo:

Used CCI Mini Mags at 21' on 3.75" circles.
    Tightened it up on the 2nd target, don't know how I got worse on the 3rd target. :wallbash:
    View attachment 246134

Went to a used 1.75" circles.
    Old target with Brwng Bckmrk "Silver" on top row, ignore 2nd row with SW 422.
    See 3rd row for today's B. B. Vision = 100%. :rockwoot:
    View attachment 246135

Wanted to try out 3 different ammo brands.
    Red/Orange oblong cirlces are 1.75" x 2.75".
    CCI Mini Mags on top didn't do as well as when I shot at the 1.75" circles??? :dunno:
    Federal AutoMatch did not disappoint in the middle.
    On bottom the CCI Blazers didn't do as well as I thought they would???
    Gun was getting dirty, not sure it's ever been cleaned.
    I'll clean it & do a repeat of these brands.
    Based on the 1.75" circles, I might put a red dot back on it.
    But, based on these targets, I would not.
    We'll see how it does after cleaning/lubing.
    View attachment 246136
    To set record straight I got the vision without the red dot. I did a a few weeks prior pick up a rifle with the a red dot however and didn’t need it from same person I got vision from. Little
    Did I know where optic came from before I sold it or I would have kept LOL

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    @doddg ... loving the Buckmark Vision!

I also picked up a BM Vision as a Christmas present to myself and to use as a suppressor host (this is the year I finally get into the suppressor game ... maybe). I got the "Mountain" version of the Vision, and it came with a factory standard rear sight/picatinny rail installed. So, you may want to contact Browning directly to buy one from them.

Or, maybe the Tactical Solutions pic rail will work with your Vision ... https://tacticalsol.com/Products.aspx?CAT=12588

Since it looks like you have the factory base to install the Vortex Crossfire RD, you could just pick the RD from A&A Optics ... https://aaoptics.com/ (the Owner Alan Alcorn is an INGO Advertiser and all around good dude).

Keep us posted on your progress.
    :wow: Aren't you a fountain of information! haha!
    Thanks so much for the different options! :thumbsup:
    I assumed the Vortex Crossfire RD cost $200, so I never gave it a thought.
    I thought I could buy a picatinny rail for it & put one of my red dots on it like with other pistols.
    Not as easily done as on other guns which I have gone that route.

If you have the standard rear sight/picatinny rail it could be like the one I got on my
    BB "Silver" model with the windage AND elevation adjustment.

With the Vision BB model I have, the rear sights are co-witness with the red dot but it has no elevation adjustment & the windage takes a tool to drift it, not desirable. :nono:
    Obviously, the gun is meant for the Vortex red dot it comes with.

I'm hesitant to reinvent the wheel with the Vision since I bought it as a non-optic pistol since its Vortex red dot was gone, but I had to buy the BB Vision to see if it would outshoot the
    BB "Silver." :dunno:
    The hobby called out to me! :laugh:
    At the time I didn't realize the iron rear sights were "compromised," assuming they were like all my other Brwng Bckmrks I've had. :ugh:

Since I started out just wanting to find out which of the BB was best at non-optic accuracy & sell the other.
    It is tempting to go the red dot route anyway, haha!
    I will check into the options & see what the costs are entailed.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    The red dot isn’t pricey. Also it shot 100 percent wirh the fixed sights. No adjustments needed. Adjustments just make you do the equivalent of a dog chasing his tail.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    To set record straight I got the vision without the red dot. I did a a few weeks prior pick up a rifle with the a red dot however and didn’t need it from same person I got vision from. Little
    Did I know where optic came from before I sold it or I would have kept LOL
    Oh sorry, I didn't know when the red dot was taken off.
    That really didn't matter to me when I bought it since the price was in line of a Brwng Bckmrk w/o a red dot. :thumbsup:
    I just assumed you did.
    If it would have had a red dot on it, the price would have been out of my normal range. :spend:
    I wouldn't have bought it, unless you let me take to the range & I discovered I couldn't live w/o it like you've done with other guns I've bought from you! haha! :lmfao:

As it is, I'm in hog heaven having 2 different non-optic Buckmarks to compare. :rockwoot:
    It will be hilarious to me if I turn the Vision back into a red dot gun just for fun, since that was not my intention, but that is what the hobby does to me, haha! :dunno:

Top Bottom