• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CWOLFF3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I want to get a very concealable .22 mag. Maybe a wallet gun Aow.
    .22 mag hollow point has a fair bit of stopping power considering the concealability.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I want to get a very concealable .22 mag. Maybe a wallet gun Aow.
    .22 mag hollow point has a fair bit of stopping power considering the concealability.

If you want a wallet gun get a Keltec p3at or the (copied) Ruger LCP. In a pocket holster, its about the size of a wallet. Much better than a 22 mag, IMO. YMMV.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    To the OP. I have a P22. Have carried it off and on for about 10 years. Lack of accuracy is not an issue. I figure if I have to use it, all 11 rounds will go into a single perp. Large spread is good to make plenty of holes.

I dry fired it a couple of times and broke the firing pin. I sent it back and they replaced it at no charge. I shot it 100 or so times before it was reliable again.

If that is what she wants, it is not a bad choice.

My vote; +1 on the P22 and the 22LR for self defense for the practised and confident individual.

stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have just upgraded from a p22 to 45. The p22 was the only thing I had to carry, so I did. I would get picked on by my friends for it, but in my defense I could emty it in a half a second with a grouping the size of an orange at 15ft. If your wife is really good with the p22, and has the confidence to use it. 10 rounds is the chest in my opinion slow anyone down enough to get away or take care of them all together. The force and distruction lacking by the .22 makes up for it in volume. Don't give up on her to upgrade to a larger cal.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I would not trust my life to a .22 unless it's all I had. There was a kid (18) that shot 3 guys that were going to beat him up with a .22 and put all three of them down, happened in Clinton Co. the kid was from Lebonan (Boone Co.) he shot 2 of them in the face if I remember. He served a little time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    I know they want what they want but a .22 is best left at home unless your atacked by a squirrel and even then you may have trouble hitting him!

I would recommend the S&W Airweight series in .38 Cal she can even get it with Pink grips.
    Smith & Wesson 637 Airweight Pink Grips : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

You may prefer the hammerless 442 or 64 models no hammer to snag in pocket or purse,

At under 15 oz. unloaded and it packs a lot more stopping power. Still no .45 but a good carry gun!

I unfortunately witnessed a guy shoot a rather large fellow 7 times times with a .25. The gentlmen then wlked over and beat the shooter senseless. I didnt hang around for the results but I learned small caliber arms can be as or more dangerous than being unarmed.

recommending .38 or 9mm possibly also try Glock 19!

Top Bottom