• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    So I thought it might be a good idea, to have a place to talk about all the state election stuff. And who to vote for, based mainly on 2nd Amendment support by candidate.
    I think it would probably be a good idea just to keep it to the Governor, Senate and Representative. Both federal and state senate and reps should be fine. Maybe add your district numbers if you can for reps.

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    So for me
    On the governor race I haven't gathered enough information to figure out who I want to vote for there. But these are the people running.

Mike Braun (R) – 2080 W 600 N, Jasper, IN 47546 (317) 643-1035
    Brad Chambers (R) – Washington Blvd. West, Indianapolis, IN 46220 n/a
    Suzanne Crouch (R) – 12345 Browning Rd., Evansville, IN 47725 n/a
    Eric Doden (R) – 8830 Notestine Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46835 (260) 413-6342
    Curtis Hill (R) – 3314 East Lake Drive South, Elkhart, IN 46514 (562) 328-8681
    Jamie Reitenour (R) – 6711 Colville Pl., Indianapolis, IN 46236 (317) 464-0024
    Tamie Dixon-Tatum (D) – PO Box 114, Anderson, IN 46015 (765) 278-6780
    Jennifer G. McCormick (D) – 1341 W County Road 50 N, New Castle, IN 47362 (765) 717-4730

On US senator it looks like Jim Banks is the only one to vote for.

On US representative district 2 is Rudy Yakym

State Senate district 12 for me is Blake Doriot only one running.

And State representative district 49 I am torn between the two people running Joanna King and Cindi Hajicek both republicans

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Indiana US House District 4 Jim Baird is the incumbent.

We can do better. I recommend checking out Charles Bookwalter

He is a veteran, a Constitutionalist, and active in building a Constitution centered base of engaged citizens.

Last edited:

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    So just going to their campaign websites just on the topic of 2nd amendment this is what I was able to find.

Mike Braun - "The Constitution protects our God-given rights to live our lives and raise our families as we choose. The rights of law-abiding gun owners, the freedom to practice our religion, and the rights of parents to protect their children from leftist ideology are under attack. Mike Braun will never waver when it comes to defending every Hoosier’s rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

Brad Chambers - I was not able to find anything about gun rights on his site.

Suzanne Crouch - I was not able to find anything about gun rights on her site.

Eric Doden - "My campaign hinges on:
    - Defending the Second Amendment
    - Protecting Law and Order
    - Championing the Right to Life
    - Pro-Parent and Pro-Family Policy
    - Addressing the Opioid and Fentanyl Crises"

Curtis Hill - "Defending Our Second Amendment
    At an early age, Curtis learned the importance of the Second Amendment; as a young boy, he witnessed his home and family attacked by racist thugs. From that day forward, Curtis’ father kept his family safe thanks to the constitutional protections of our right to self-defense and the right to bear arms.

Curtis is proud that Indiana is a constitutional-carry state and will stand tall against any attempts to infringe upon our Second Amendment rights."

Jamie Reitenour - "Second Amendment
    “The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State”

(Article 1 Section 32)."

Just as a note, Eric Doden listed 2nd amendment first, no other candidate did.

Just for fun I checked the 2 democrats sites
    Tamie Dixon-Tatum didn't even have one.
    And Jennifer McCormick didn't mention anything about 2nd amendment.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So just going to their campaign websites just on the topic of 2nd amendment this is what I was able to find.

Mike Braun - "The Constitution protects our God-given rights to live our lives and raise our families as we choose. The rights of law-abiding gun owners, the freedom to practice our religion, and the rights of parents to protect their children from leftist ideology are under attack. Mike Braun will never waver when it comes to defending every Hoosier’s rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

Brad Chambers - I was not able to find anything about gun rights on his site.

Suzanne Crouch - I was not able to find anything about gun rights on her site.

Eric Doden - "My campaign hinges on:
    - Defending the Second Amendment
    - Protecting Law and Order
    - Championing the Right to Life
    - Pro-Parent and Pro-Family Policy
    - Addressing the Opioid and Fentanyl Crises"

Curtis Hill - "Defending Our Second Amendment
    At an early age, Curtis learned the importance of the Second Amendment; as a young boy, he witnessed his home and family attacked by racist thugs. From that day forward, Curtis’ father kept his family safe thanks to the constitutional protections of our right to self-defense and the right to bear arms.

Curtis is proud that Indiana is a constitutional-carry state and will stand tall against any attempts to infringe upon our Second Amendment rights."

Jamie Reitenour - "Second Amendment
    “The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State”

(Article 1 Section 32)."

Just as a note, Eric Doden listed 2nd amendment first, no other candidate did.

Just for fun I checked the 2 democrats sites
    Tamie Dixon-Tatum didn't even have one.
    And Jennifer McCormick didn't mention anything about 2nd amendment.

McCormick is a tool.

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    Braun has done a pretty good job as Senator, as of now he is my choice for Governor. It is too bad he is leaving the Senate. I wish our other Senator voted more like he has.
    Yeah I am leaning towards Mike Braun as well. Eric Doden seems good, but I highly doubt he will get the votes.

Todd Young hasn't been very good, too bad he still has 4 more years before re-election

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Braun has done a pretty good job as Senator, as of now he is my choice for Governor. It is too bad he is leaving the Senate. I wish our other Senator voted more like he has.

You wonder when people go to work in dc how long it will take to hit their limits. Everybody has them, that point where you just want to get out. You say to yourself, no amount of money is worth this.

It's hard to imagine the type of personality that revels in this, staying term after term.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You wonder when people go to work in dc how long it will take to hit their limits. Everybody has them, that point where you just want to get out. You say to yourself, no amount of money is worth this.

It's hard to imagine the type of personality that revels in this, staying term after term.
    I talked to a Indiana rep today and he said Braun was an executive type and the BS of congress frustrated him…

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    Here is a bit from a interview by Indystar to Suzanne Crouch

Indystar Q: Gun violence is an epidemic in today’s American society. How should Indiana respond?

Crouch A: I was a victim of sexual assault. I had a guy put a gun to my head and cock it and say "We can do this the easy way or the hard way," when I was a Realtor. I remember I never went out and got a gun immediately because I did not want that to define my life and how I live my life. But I did ultimately, when I was a state rep, get a firearm because I was traveling to and from Indianapolis back and forth at night by myself, and sometimes you feel like you've rolled the dice too many times. So when 50% of women are going to be sexually assaulted at some point in time in their life, we need the right to be able to defend ourselves, and it's why I support the constitutional right to carry.

Obviously it was a typical badly worded question from the media. And I will give her she responded well the to question with a violent situation that the answer is a good person with a gun. (Given there has to be situational awareness to go with it.)
    My take on her answer is, she probably will fight for us on the right to carry handguns for self defense. But past that I wouldn't trust her to keep our right as a whole to keep and bear arms of all kinds. Partly because she didn't want guns define her, which granted can have many different meanings.
    And part of why I am not confident in her supporting the 2nd amendment without reserve, is because she mentions nothing about the 2nd amendment on her election website.

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    McCormick is anti gun, she wants "sensible" gun laws and has stated she is anti teachers having guns saying "it's a bad bad idea"

So above all we do not want her to win. And I think Mike Braun has the best chance of that, even though I think Eric Doden would do fine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don’t have as much confidence in Rudy that I did Jackie. I hope I am wrong.

someone had a pretty strong radio ad against Banks the other day on illegal immigration.

i feel Braun has earned my vote.

I will probably vote for King. She has been responsive when I have written to her on issues.

Reactions: ACR

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    I don’t have as much confidence in Rudy that I did Jackie. I hope I am wrong.

someone had a pretty strong radio ad against Banks the other day on illegal immigration.

i feel Braun has earned my vote.

I will probably vote for King. She has been responsive when I have written to her on issues.
    Yeah it's unfortunate what happened to Jackie, but Rudy was the one that Jackie's husband endorsed though. And he is the only Republican running.

I don't know alot about Banks but I would rather have him then Rust. As for the illegal immigration this is on Banks website

"Secure the Border
    The United States has seen record-high illegal border crossings under Joe Biden, leading to increased crime and illegal drugs flooding our communities. Jim is a strong and vocal advocate for securing our border by implementing the successful policies of the Trump administration, including building a physical barrier along the southern border, and reinstating the “Remain in Mexico” program where migrants must wait in Mexico before their asylum claims can be heard in the United States.

As chairman of the Republican Study Committee, Jim led multiple delegations to the southern border to hear directly from law enforcement on the ground about the devastating consequences of this crisis. Following these meetings, Jim hosted a roundtable with lawmakers and parents from Indiana and around the country who lost children to fentanyl to discuss the devastating impact of fentanyl flowing across our border. In the Senate, he’ll continue to fight to secure America’s borders and stop the flow of illegal drugs."

There is this article on John Rust as well. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...OQqttXX2eCHJAa6JN2-tue6hW-ShnSZBoCwd0QAvD_BwE

Top Bottom