• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    How can this dude NOT be the Chief Scumbag? You can just look and see that weaselly look a mile away.

1708705127485-png.335075

The tie looks like it was cut out from someone's living room curtains. His hair looks like he plugged himself in to a wall outlet instead of his phone's wall charger

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

HB 1084 HB 1235 up for second reading on Monday (there could be amendments proposed)

HB 1143 is up for Third reading and passage on Monday.
    Since this one has zero amendments at all. If passed in the senate it goes directly towards to Governors desk
    That should be in the afternoon? Wouldn't be surprised at all if there are more poison pill amendments put forward on the other two, especially HB 1235 -- and opposition from Republicans Sue Glick and Liz Brown.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That should be in the afternoon? Wouldn't be surprised at all if there are more poison pill amendments put forward on the other two, especially HB 1235 -- and opposition from Republicans Sue Glick and Liz Brown.
    Yeah 1:30

Well give or take, they never start on time.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I sent my Senator an email about HB 1235 and its importance today -- to get it through 2nd Reading this next Monday without more amendments, which would undoubtedly be Poison Pills, and through passage on 3rd Reading.

Have YOU?
    :stickpoke:

I'm Doing My Part.gif

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    How can this dude NOT be the Chief Scumbag? You can just look and see that weaselly look a mile away.

View attachment 335075
    He was a pretty short guy... And said he was a gun owner lol.
    What annoyed myself during the hearings was when you hear about the opioid manufacturers and Kai are being sued over their failures.. So why not be able to sue Firearm manufacturers.. The opioid manufacturers knew they had a addictive pain med for pain relief and down played the pain meds as not be so addictive. Then had doctors prescribe it with a incentive involved to write prescriptions leading to the opioid crisis.. Kia had a fault in their security system which made it easy to steal their vehicles.. While I can say I totally do not agree with a lawsuit against Kia because of the doings of criminals.. It was still a fault in their security system making it easy to steal a Kia.. I don't see this as being the same for allowing lawsuits against the manufacturers of firearms.. Unless the firearm itself has a fault in it causing a uncontrollable misfire or blowing up leading to injury of someone or death do to a defect in the firearm.. You should not be able to sue them.. You can already bring a lawsuit against them do to a defective product. But Its crazy to think these useful idiots want you to be able to sue over someone like a criminal using a firearm in a crime like a homicide..

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This came out today in the ISRPA Monthly Newsletter. I'd say 95% or more of this is how I drafted it.

As most of you know, I'm not KellyinAvon at the ISRPA as it appears below. Keeping my worlds separate may be a lost cause at this point.

We are about to start the 4th quarter of the 2024 Indiana General Assembly Legislative Session. Two Bills we've focused on- HB 1084 Privacy of Firearms Financial Transactions and HB 1235 Prohibited Causes of Actions Concerning Firearms- made it out of their respective committees this week and are headed to the Senate floor. THANK YOU to all of our members that took the time to contact your Representatives and Senators- your diligence has paid off! But we're not there yet! This is a great time to step back and take a look at the "big picture".

Since the is a “non-budget year” (Indiana’s State budget is passed every-other year on odd years) this is a "short session".
    Things moved really fast in the 1st half and even faster so far in the 2nd half.

A bill which didn’t receive a lot of notoriety was House Bill (HB) 1143, Disposal of Firearms via Trade for New Equipment. HB 1143 definitely got my attention when it passed the House 83-14 with 16 Democrats voting in-favor. This bill gives law enforcement agencies more options with firearms that would go to public auction. In addition to auction, these firearms can be traded for new equipment or ammunition with other law enforcement agencies, federal firearms licensees, or licensed firearms manufacturers.

I was at the Statehouse to support another bill in the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee and saw the opportunity to testify in support of HB 1143. More options lead to a better use of resources. A better use of resources leads to paying less in taxes. On 20 February HB 1143 passed the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee on a 6-2 vote. On 22 February it passed 2nd reading in the Senate with no amendments and will now upon 3rd reading have a vote in the full Senate.

Also on 20 February in the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee for a hearing was HB 1235 Prohibited Causes of Actions Concerning Firearms. This bill prohibits political subdivisions from suing the gun industry and will end the 24+ year old lawsuit known as the City of Gary v Glock. This bill had passed the House on a near-party-line vote.

I had predicted in legislative alert emails that this one would be a fight. While my predictions aren’t always accurate, I was right this time. Along with the usual suspects in opposition was the lead-attorney for the Brady Campaign (formerly known as Handgun Control Inc.) A great Team from the Pro-2A side included: Guy Relford from The 2A Project, John Weber from NRA-ILA, Christopher Lee from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, Constitutional Attorney Jim Bopp Jr. from Terre Haute, and myself representing the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. We also had a few citizens representing themselves in support of HB 1235. THANK YOU to all who supported this effort!

HB 1235 passed out of committee on a 5-3 vote (not a party line vote, we had one Republication side with the Democrats.) Look for more legislative action alert emails on this one, the fight isn’t over.

On 21 February in the Senate Insurance and Financial Institutions heard HB 1084 Privacy of Firearms Financial Transactions. This bill prohibits developing a registry of guns and gun owners through tracking financial transactions and merchant category codes. HB 1084 passed the House 73-22 with six Democrats voting in favor.

After the previous day’s fight with HB 1235, this day went much better. While the red-shirted Moms Demanding Action filled the front row of the hearing room, only one of them spoke in opposition. In support of HB 1084 was once again Guy Relford from The 2A Project, John Weber from NRA-ILA, myself representing the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association and a few private citizens who recognized the importance of this legislation. HB 1084 passed out of the Senate Insurance and Financial Institutions on a 6-2 vote.

We are in the 4th Quarter of the legislative session but there is a lot of game yet to be played.
    Look for Legislative Action Alerts supporting both HB 1084 and HB 1235.

Opportunities to let your State Senator know the gun owners of Indiana are paying attention will be coming soon.

In Liberty,
    KellyinAvon
    ISRPA Government Affairs Co-Director

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The following is the letter I sent this afternoon to my Republican Senator. Don't just copy and paste. In one sentence I've referred to my Senator in the legislature's Republican Caucus. The comments about Liz Brown and Sue Glick, both Republicans, is geared for a Republican Senator. Not everyone's Senator is a Republican. This wouldn't be good for a Democrat Senator that's almost guaranteed to vote against the bill. I've also got brackets where my Senator's name was, where a local (to me) car dealer's name was, and for my signature block. I've highlighted them in bold print to make them easy to find . . . edit and personalize it. If writing to a Democrat Senator it would require major restructuring:

"Dear Senator [Sen Last Name],
    House Bill 1235 (Prohibited causes of action concerning firearms) is scheduled for Second Reading on the Senate Floor Monday 26 February at 1:30 PM.
    This bill prohibits political subdivisions (any government entity below Indiana State-level) from filing nuisance lawsuits against firearms and ammunition manufacturers, dealers, sellers, and trade associations.
    HB 1235 would also put an end to a 25 year old lawsuit (Gary v Glock) that is currently putting the personal information on an estimated 500,000 plus ATF Form 4473s at risk. It will also prevent copycat lawsuits that exploit the loophole that has allowed Gary v Glock to continue.
    After watching the Senate Committee hearing, it’s readily apparent that Senator Liz Brown from Allen County & Fort Wayne area doesn’t understand the significant difference between the nationwide Class Action Kia/Hyundai lawsuit Fort Wayne and Indianapolis have joined, and the Gary v. Glock lawsuit. She is in extreme fear HB 1235 will be used to kill Fort Wayne’s pursuit of damages from Kia/Hyundai. The Kia/Hyundai Class Action lawsuit is about Kia and Hyundai having knowingly made defective vehicle models for 11 years with a deliberate and glaring “Engineering Design Best Practice” violation, omitting the well-known an well understood “Theft Immobilizer” device to prevent hot-wiring thefts, in order to save money in vehicle production cost. A Kia or Hyundai from those model years can be stolen in about 30 seconds using a USB plug.
    By stark contrast, the Gary v. Glock lawsuit isn’t about any defective product(s). It’s about holding firearm manufacturers, distributors and dealers responsible for criminal acts they didn’t commit, but were committed by 3rd party criminal felons using the products the manufacturers lawfully made and dealers lawfully sold. The discovery entailing the ATF Form 4473’s is tantamount to creating an otherwise illegal Gun Registry spanning 20 years of gun sales. To put it into a context similar to the Kia/Hyundai class action lawsuit, it’s the same as holding Kia and Hyundai, and the vehicle brand dealers responsible for the criminal acts of drunk and grossly reckless drivers using a Kia or Hyundai vehicle, or any other brand for that matter. Could I sue GM and [Local GM Dealer Name] if I’m hit by a GMC Yukon that was lawfully made and sold by them, being driven by a drunk driver, or someone who is fleeing at high speed from a police pursuit? I think not. It would be dismissed in summary judgement with prejudice.
    It’s my hope you and others in the Republican Caucus can allay Senator Liz Brown’s fears that the two lawsuits are fundamentally different, and that the Kia/Hyundai Class Action she’s backing for her constituency won’t be affected.
    ---------------------------------
    It’s also obvious Senator Susan Glick opposes it, feeling the case should reach a final judgement before anyone in the State Government does anything about it. At that point, it may be too late to have any effect on the potential damage it could have.
    • It does nothing to protect the massive amount of extremely sensitive personal information on the “fishing expedition” discovery order delivering nearly half a million ATF Form 4473’s of gun buyers to the plaintiffs, which includes the national Brady Campaign providing its national legal team to pursue the lawsuit for Gary, IN. The type of information contained on an ATF 4473 for the NICS Background Check required to buy a firearm is so complete, it would allow instant Identity Theft and target gun owners for attempted burglaries. I do not trust Brady Campaign and its attorney, or the City of Gary and its attorney (Senator Pol), with such a lucrative ID Theft target of over 500,000 records . . . or that they or their staff wouldn’t “OOPSIE, Our Bad!” allow it to be compromised, as has happened in California and New York. A question asked during testimony wanted to know how many ATF Form 4473’s had been compromised thus far, a grossly disingenuous question. It’s about prevention. Once the livestock are out of the barn, they are gone forever into the public domain and cannot be put back into the barn. In addition, those damaged by it have zero recourse or remedy for the damage with the city or the court, which have immunity.
    • A final judgement could be into the tens of billions of dollars given the Gary demographics and jury pool. The defendants would not be able to post the judgement amount to enable appealing the civil lawsuit. Gary and Brady Campaign know this and it’s their desire to put the remaining defendants in a position that makes an appeal financially impossible.
    • Lawsuits of the type being pursued by Gary are generally prohibited under Federal Law by the 2005 Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), and yet for reasons I still do not comprehend, the Gary v. Glock is the remaining one of over two dozen lawsuits filed decades ago that the Indiana Supreme Court has allowed to continue. These lawsuits were deliberately intended to bankrupt firearm manufacturers and dealers into liquidation and out of business. Eliminating firearm manufacturing and dealers castrates the 2nd Amendment as if it were repealed.
    I don’t believe Senator Glick appreciates the ID Theft risk, or the impossible position a judgement into the tens of billions of dollars would place the defendants who had nothing to do with the crimes that were committed in Gary and the surrounding region by criminals using firearms.
    ------------------------
    I anticipate there will be “Poison Pill” amendments proposed to this bill designed to castrate and neuter it, as were made and defeated in Committee, that would make it completely ineffective. They may garner support from both Senator Brown and Senator Susan Glick who are opposed to this bill with badly misguided rationale. It’s my hope you can use your influence to ensure HB 1235 passes Second Reading without being amended in the manner that was attempted in Committee Hearing, and that it passes Third Reading on the Senate Floor. This is an important bill that will put an end to a lawsuit that’s over two decades old that should never have survived to this point.
    Thanks for your time and attention to this important bill.
    Best Wishes,
    [JAL Signature Block]"

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Lets see.

HB 1084 has two second reading amendments proposed.
    https://iga.in.gov/pdf-documents/123/2024/house/bills/HB1084/amendments/HB1084.03.COMS.AMS001.pdf (wording changes)
    https://iga.in.gov/pdf-documents/123/2024/house/bills/HB1084/amendments/HB1084.03.COMS.AMS002.pdf (Attorney General enforcement)

HB 1235 has three poison pill amendments proposed. (well really four, but Pol and Liz Brown managed to propose the same amendment in #1 and #4)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Lets see.

HB 1084 has two second reading amendments proposed.
    https://iga.in.gov/pdf-documents/123/2024/house/bills/HB1084/amendments/HB1084.03.COMS.AMS001.pdf (wording changes)
    https://iga.in.gov/pdf-documents/123/2024/house/bills/HB1084/amendments/HB1084.03.COMS.AMS002.pdf (Attorney General enforcement)

HB 1235 has three poison pill amendments proposed. (well really four, but Pol and Liz Brown managed to propose the same amendment in #1 and #4)
    Keep us informed Moose. I have a Doc appointment this PM so I'm hit and miss.

Top Bottom