• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Thank goodness Amendments #3 and #4 from the Committee weren't repeated. The Brady Bunch and Senator Pol, Gary's City Attorney, must be crying now -- they've been subsidizing the Gary lawsuit.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Going to the Indiana Assembly site and listening to the portion of the Senate Session about 1235 will be entertaining -- it won't be available as a recording until later today/tonight for a while after the Session is adjourned for the day.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Off topic some . . .
    Another enormous battle over HB1264 over voting verification to ensure people are entitled to vote. I know where they're going with opposition . . . one of the motives is garnering voting from out-of-state students at colleges and universities who are actually residents of other states. As worthy listening to as HB1235 that just preceded it.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Another enormous battle over HB1264 over voting verification to ensure people are entitled to vote. I know where they're going with opposition . . . one of the motives is garnering voting from out-of-state students at colleges and universities who are actually residents of other states.
    Thats part of what screwed up Bloomington.

Lafayette would be screwed up too if it wasn't for the whole West Lafayette thing.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    At least HB1235 got a partial hook back in for the State AG. It will pass 3rd Reading on the Floor Vote . . . and then there will have to be a Conference Committee between House and Senate to reconcile the amended bill. That's going to be the next two steps.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    At least HB1235 got a partial hook back in for the State AG. It will pass 3rd Reading on the Floor Vote . . . and then there will have to be a Conference Committee between House and Senate to reconcile the amended bill.
    Nah if the House does a motion to concur, no committee needed. That is only needed if the Senate and House disagree.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I expect another Battle of the Bulge arguing against HB1235's passage when it's scheduled for 3rd Reading in a future floor session. Senator Pol will throw another fit. They're into the scheduled 3rd Readings now and it's likely to run on for a while.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That dude needs to cool off in the canal out back or something, I thought he was going to pop a blood vein.. or fuse.
    Sen. Pol is watching his Day Job's rice bowl being shattered in slow motion. He'll still be Gary City Attorney, but his opportunity for fame and fortune and advancing his career is melting away.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Watch out scumbag brady lawyers and Chief Scumbag... your going to need a new job soon...
    As my grandpappy used to say: "make hay while the sun is shinin'"

Time for me to review and analyze tons of discovery motions and responses...before it's too late. ;)

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Holy feck, massive conflict of interest.
    Yes. I didn't know Pol is Gary's City Atty until it was mentioned in passing during the contentious committee testimony/debate. It went by in a fleeting moment. All the committee members knew it which is why I believe it wasn't hit on more. Explained immediately to me why he was making Custer's Last Stand in the committee hearing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sen. Pol is watching his Day Job's rice bowl being shattered in slow motion. He'll still be Gary City Attorney, but his opportunity for fame and fortune and advancing his career is melting away.
    I mean, it's not like there isn't plenty of legal work for the City of Gary. Also, I imagine that the Brady people are paying their attorney, but I would doubt they are paying anything for the City Attorney, but I have no inside info on that. The idea that this was ever going to go the way of the opioid settlement with millions (or more) in settlement money was and is wishful thinking. I guess it could get you into certain cocktail parties, but I don't know anything about that.

Top Bottom