Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I picked up some ribs for tomorrow and will probably do pork tenderloin again Sunday. Only done ribs once before and they didn't quite turn out so hopefully these are good.
    Look up the 3-2-1 method. Works for me every time.

though in the interest of time I usually do 2-1-1 or 1-1-1 And they turn out great.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have nothing more than my grandfather's advice.

Remove the membrane from the ribs.

On the inside of most ribs there is a "skin". It's like peeling back an envelope.

Stick a knife under it and strip it off.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

though in the interest of time I usually do 2-1-1 or 1-1-1 And they turn out great.
    3-2-1 is probably the way to go.

I'm different (because of course); I stumbled somewhat accidentally on what I now call my "overnight" ribs, which I first attempted on a New Year's Eve, to have the ribs ready for New Year's Day feasting. I didn't want to be tending to the smoker NYD morning, so I set the smoker to 165 degrees and put the ribs on overnight. Then sometime near when I want to eat them, I ramp up to 225 degrees to finish them.

Is it necessary? No. Does it make them turn out any better? No. But they do always come out perfectly, using a mostly set-and-forget cooking method.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have nothing more than my grandfather's advice.

Remove the membrane from the ribs.

On the inside of most ribs there is a "skin". It's like peeling back an envelope.

Stick a knife under it and strip it off.
    Yep. On the bone side. It's called the silver skin. Remove it. It doesn't make for Good Eats.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Personally never had much luck with the 3-2-1 method. My ribs always came out way over cooked and falling apart. I usually go straight 5 hours at 250 degrees, no wrap. Check them after 5 hours and adjust as necessary.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Ribs never been my favorite. The manager of the department makes them very well. Rendering of the fat he says is the key.

I will most likely do some steaks tonight and maybe some kabobs for Sunday.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well the theme this fathers day is heart healthy so I am going to do my best to make some fish and chicken taste good! Wish me luck

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I love the Weber kettle. I have a Weber Smokey mountain also but there’s just something about the kettle.
    Agree. For me there is a sentimental aspect with a Weber kettle as well if that makes sense. Alot of fond memories going back many, many years. Good times and good food with good friends and family. It's like a tradition grilling on a Weber kettle.

I'll never stop using one.

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

That's what I'm trying this time. Last time I tried no wrap ribs and wasn't impressed. I'm 2.5hrs into the 3 hours and so far things are looking good. I think a lot of it is I'm pretty new to smoking and grilling so I'm learning temp control. I can cook over an open camp fire like it's a kitchen range but the grills and smokers gave me trouble.

Ran out of the fancy expensive rubs and seasonings so these ribs have McCormick sweet and smokey rub and fire and smoke society sweet preacher rub. Then I put sea salt and pepper on the bone side.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom