• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does anybody have a recent count on the antis down there by the statue of Mayor Hudnut? Look to be less than 20 when we came in at nine this morning.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    About 10 minutes ago the over under on the antis was 30. IMPD Officer parks, nearby agreed with that.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Besides S&W not being there, the other "booth" that just made me sad was Corbon.
    I also noticed that Crimson Trace wasn't there either. Was kind of disappointed because last Indy show, they had a good booth and some great deals going on. The ZX people were running the booth.

Was really disappointed at Benchmade too. Was hoping to get my knife sharpened.
    I saw a booth that had Benchmade banners up, but they were selling those hand held massagers (?). Didn't stop to ask, but figured because of that "issue" with melting guns down a few years age, they were distancing themselves.

res04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I also noticed that Crimson Trace wasn't there either. Was kind of disappointed because last Indy show, they had a good booth and some great deals going on. The ZX people were running the booth.

I saw a booth that had Benchmade banners up, but they were selling those hand held massagers (?). Didn't stop to ask, but figured because of that "issue" with melting guns down a few years age, they were distancing themselves.
    I saw that. I think those were knock off Benchmades.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

CT is owned by the American Outdoors which owns Smith so not a shocker there given that S&W wasn't there.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I saw that. I think those were knock off Benchmades.
    I saw those and then looked up on the internet and they have to be knock offs. I really am interested in an auto benchmade (though know little about them) and I handled one of those fake ones at the show and they felt like cheap junk. Not sure how someone at the show wasn't shutting that down as they were advertising them as benchmade.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Only things so far I couldn't live without were a rifle and a pistol speed loader from the ETS booth. Those are pretty slick.

Planning on attending the Desecalation for CC holders seminar with John Correia at 3:30.

ETA: I'm surprised at the lack of people open carrying. I have hardly seen anyone.
    I’m OCing, too warm in here for CC.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Got there just before 9AM and joined in less than 5 minutes. It would have gone quicker but I paused signing up during the singing of the national anthem before the doors opened.
    Saw some interesting things and bought a Wilson Combat p365 grip module and tungsten weight kit. I might go back tomorrow with my daughter since she seemed interested in everything I had in my swag bag.
    Overall, $35 well spent for a entertaining day.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I showed up just before 5 after parking at the Hampton Inn and walking over. Ran into John Lott just as he was leaving his seminar and followed him to his table and got a couple of signed books. I donated an extra $20 for the cause. I didn’t realize that his Crime Prevention Research Center was only about five people with a $250,000 budget per year. When I heard that I wanted to help even if just a little.

Top Bottom