KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OH HELL YES!!! HEY DOUG CARTER, UP YOURS!!!

Synopsis: Law enforcement academy board chair. Provides that the chair of the Indiana law enforcement training board alternates every two years among the superintendent of the Indiana state police department, a county sheriff, and a chief of police.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Jim's HB 1177. Looks like the same bill that was introduced a few years back. Can't remember what year it was up and Coach testified in support. In the Education Committee.

Synopsis: Handgun training for teachers. Creates a specialized firearms safety, education, and training curriculum (curriculum) for teachers, school staff, and school employees. Specifies curriculum requirements. Authorizes funds from the: (1) Indiana safe schools fund; (2) Indiana secured schools fund; and (3) school corporation and charter school safety advance program; to be used for the purpose of providing specialized firearms instruction to certain teachers, school staff, and school employees, and for providing counseling services to students, teachers, school staff, and school employees in the event of a school shooting. Requires a charter school, nonpublic school, or school corporation to ensure that a teacher, school staff member, or school employee who receives a grant from the Indiana safe schools fund for the purpose of receiving specialized firearms instruction complies with certain requirements. Provides that the identity of any person who: (1) enrolls in; (2) participates in; or (3) completes; the curriculum is confidential. Provides that a public school or an accredited nonpublic school may not conduct a training or drill for an employee of the school that includes, as any part of the training or drill, the expelling of any type of projectile at the employee unless: (1) the school informs the employee of the use of projectiles in the training or drill; and (2) the employee consents, in writing, to the use of projectiles during the training or drill. Provides that a public school or an accredited nonpublic school may not conduct or approve a training or drill for a student of the school that includes, as any part of the training or drill, the expelling of any type of projectile. Authorizes a qualified retired law enforcement officer to carry or possess a firearm on school property. Makes conforming and technical amendments.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Right. And the exercise of what other constitutionally protected natural rights require or are subject to "vetting" or "qualification"?
    I pretty much made this point directly to Jim Lucas. Also, on the qualified aspect: it is a great leap of faith to assume just because an officer was shown to be "qualified" while on the job that a year, 5 years, 10 years after retirement that s/he is still "qualified".

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Jim's HB 1177. Looks like the same bill that was introduced a few years back. Can't remember what year it was up and Coach testified in support. In the Education Committee.

Synopsis: Handgun training for teachers. Creates a specialized firearms safety, education, and training curriculum (curriculum) for teachers, school staff, and school employees. Specifies curriculum requirements. Authorizes funds from the: (1) Indiana safe schools fund; (2) Indiana secured schools fund; and (3) school corporation and charter school safety advance program; to be used for the purpose of providing specialized firearms instruction to certain teachers, school staff, and school employees, and for providing counseling services to students, teachers, school staff, and school employees in the event of a school shooting. Requires a charter school, nonpublic school, or school corporation to ensure that a teacher, school staff member, or school employee who receives a grant from the Indiana safe schools fund for the purpose of receiving specialized firearms instruction complies with certain requirements. Provides that the identity of any person who: (1) enrolls in; (2) participates in; or (3) completes; the curriculum is confidential. Provides that a public school or an accredited nonpublic school may not conduct a training or drill for an employee of the school that includes, as any part of the training or drill, the expelling of any type of projectile at the employee unless: (1) the school informs the employee of the use of projectiles in the training or drill; and (2) the employee consents, in writing, to the use of projectiles during the training or drill. Provides that a public school or an accredited nonpublic school may not conduct or approve a training or drill for a student of the school that includes, as any part of the training or drill, the expelling of any type of projectile. Authorizes a qualified retired law enforcement officer to carry or possess a firearm on school property. Makes conforming and technical amendments.

He also never answered me on FB.

There might be some wiggle room in the definition of "non-public school", though I'm guessing not:

18 (3) "Nonpublic school" means a school that: 19 (A) is not maintained by a school corporation or charter 20 school; and 21 (B) employs one (1) or more employees.

I'm assuming homeschool teachers are considered "volunteers", not "employed", by the homeschool.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    He also never answered me on FB.

There might be some wiggle room in the definition of "non-public school", though I'm guessing not:

I'm assuming homeschool teachers are considered "volunteers", not "employed", by the homeschool.
    Jim Lucas never responds unless you're someone if importance to him. When he was my rep myself and several friends sent him emails on things like the gas tax, increase on hunting license etc. He never responds.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Jim Lucas never responds unless you're someone if importance to him. When he was my rep myself and several friends sent him emails on things like the gas tax, increase on hunting license etc. He never responds.
    He responds to me less than he used to, after I opposed him on his support of increasing the fuel tax.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Deadline for bill filing in the house is 1400 tomorrow. Deadline in the Senate is 1600 on Friday. I’ve seen them sneak a few things in late, just have to stay vigilant.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    More bills! HB 1261 from Jim Lucas fixes Nantz v State. Assigned to Courts and Criminal Code where that same bill has died three times after passing the Senate.

That committee chair may need some motivation…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DIGEST
    Second amendment protection. Provides that certain federal laws that infringe on the right to keep and bear arms are invalid, not recognized, and rejected, and shall not be enforced by Indiana. Specifies penalties and causes of action concerning a political subdivision or law enforcement agency that employs a: (1) law enforcement officer who enforces or attempts to enforce certain provisions or otherwise deprives a citizen of Indiana of particular constitutional rights or privileges; or (2) federal official, or person who gives material aid to a federal official, who knowingly enforces or attempts to enforce certain laws. Specifies exceptions. Makes findings and defines particular terms.

Top Bottom