• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1177 (handgun training for teachers, authored by Jim Lucas) hasn't been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate. It passed the House overwhelmingly 71-24 and is now going nowhere. Similar bills have passed the House in the past only to not get a vote in the Senate. In (IIRC) 2019 Coach and I testified in support of a similar bill.

I haven't been beating the drum on this one since I know some of you don't agree with it (I was in high school long before the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, I get it.)

If so inclined, give the number below a call. Leave a message for Senator Raatz (Chair of the Education and Career Development Committee) and tell him to give HB 1177 a hearing.

800-382-9467

Bump, Senator Raatz needs to hear from us.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    HB 1177 (handgun training for teachers, authored by Jim Lucas) hasn't been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate. It passed the House overwhelmingly 71-24 and is now going nowhere. Similar bills have passed the House in the past only to not get a vote in the Senate. In (IIRC) 2019 Coach and I testified in support of a similar bill.

I haven't been beating the drum on this one since I know some of you don't agree with it (I was in high school long before the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, I get it.)

If so inclined, give the number below a call. Leave a message for Senator Raatz (Chair of the Education and Career Development Committee) and tell him to give HB 1177 a hearing.

800-382-9467

Done, very polite lady on the switch board.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've emailed my Senator Mike Bohacek a few weeks ago and got no reply on HB1177. I called yesterday and left a message with his assistant.

I spoke with the FOP President via email and he is going to do some checking into it too.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

800-382-9467

Up! Senator Raatz needs some motivation.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

800-382-9467

Once more to the top! Always be polite, always be professional. The folks on the other end of the phone are just doing their job, i’m sure they get enough impolite and unprofessional from the antis.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

800-382-9467

Really nice folks there taking our messages.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well, Senator Mike Bohacek's assistant just called me back and we discussed HB1177. He was going to talk with the Senator about it.

In addition, I left a message with Senator Raatz's assistant, so we'll se how it goes.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

800-382-9467

Coming down to the wire here. Should know later today if it's up for a hearing on Wednesday. In the meantime, let Senator Raatz know we're here.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Coming down to the wire here. Should know later today if it's up for a hearing on Wednesday. In the meantime, let Senator Raatz know we're here.
    Well crap, it ain’t there for a hearing this week. I’m going to reach out and try to get an idea if next week is a possibility.

I do have time off projected for tomorrow, I may go to the house courts and criminal code committee to oppose senate joint resolution 1. Guy discussed this on his abbreviated show Saturday, along with a law professor. Long story short, “substantial risk to the public” is too vague of a term for denying bail.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    SB77 got amended, and the STUPID language got pulled out..

Its a straight up repeal now! Except for "On School Property"

DIGEST OF SB 77 (Updated March 22, 2023 12:51 pm - DI 106) Citations Affected: IC 35-31.5; IC 35-47. Synopsis: Throwing stars. Makes throwing stars legal in Indiana except for on school property. Effective: July 1, 2023.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm kind of disappointed that HB1177 is languishing in committee. It seemed like a no brainer to me, you know to keep kids safe.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm kind of disappointed that HB1177 is languishing in committee. It seemed like a no brainer to me, you know to keep kids safe.
    My source is comms-out right now. One more Wednesday...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just look at these dangerous weapons of mass destruction... We can have machine guns and firing tanks legally, but these? NOPE Indiana says these are two dangerous! Banned them in the 80s they did...

dbrc1074r_6.jpg

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Making my way to the Statehouse later this AM. House, courts and criminal code committee starts at 1100. I’ll be opposing Senate joint resolution 1, substantial risk to the public, is just too vague to change the constitution concerning denying bail.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well crap, going last. Glad I brought snacks.

And I had the good sense to sit out of camera view.

Top Bottom