• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Friday bump! Again the folks who take these messages are incredibly nice. Be sure and return the favor when you leave Senators Raatz (Chairman) and Crane (Ranking member) a message to schedule HB 1177 for a hearing.
    I think my record on the 2A is clear. My ”body of work” here should be clear enough and I am writing this disclaimer ahead of this: when we “arm the teachers”, we’ll have to be comfortable knowing we’ll be giving the trans-weirdos and pedophile and commie-BLM/ANTIFA teachers permission also carry guns along with the other weapons at their disposal for ruining our children.

Like the teacher that is the subject of this twitter post.

I shudder.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think my record on the 2A is clear. My ”body of work” here should be clear enough and I am writing this disclaimer ahead of this: when we “arm the teachers”, we’ll have to be comfortable knowing we’ll be giving the trans-weirdos and pedophile and commie-BLM/ANTIFA teachers permission also carry guns along with the other weapons at their disposal for ruining our children.

I shudder.

We’re fighting on many fronts in the same theater.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We’re fighting on many fronts in the same theater.
    We conservatives tend to fight the “last war”. I don’t think I have to say it but I will—I’m all for any lawful citizen arming up, even the weirdos and communists. Hopefully the BLM/trans-activists/pedo-groomers in our schools will not be the kind we see on the news. It is important to realize the people we think we are arming are not necessarily the people that were teaching school when most of us we’re going to school.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    After Nashville, I am down to simply begging Senator Raatz to bring HB 1177 to a committee hearing and move it to a floor vote.

At least the nice lady at the Senate call center seemed to understand my position and was will to add a reference to the Nashville atrocity to the message.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009

I shudder.

I think we should just leave it as they can carry if they want to if its concealed without the school boards approval along with parents The giving them special training and such just helps elevate them above rest of us. Next thing you'll know they'll want extra pay if they go through the training and carry.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1177 (handgun training for teachers, authored by Jim Lucas) hasn't been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate. It passed the House overwhelmingly 71-24 and is now going nowhere. Similar bills have passed the House in the past only to not get a vote in the Senate. In (IIRC) 2019 Coach and I testified in support of a similar bill.

I haven't been beating the drum on this one since I know some of you don't agree with it (I was in high school long before the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, I get it.)

If so inclined, give the number below a call. Leave a message for Senator Raatz (Chair of the Education and Career Development Committee) and tell him to give HB 1177 a hearing.

800-382-9467

To quote the Macho Man, "OH YEAH!!!"

5 April at 1330 HB 1177 is up for a hearing.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    SB 77, Senate is going to do a Motion to Concur, which is basically a Rubber Stamp on what the house did to the bill.. I suspect it will be on the Govenors desk soon.

The Throwing Stars repeal has been sorta my thing over the last few years, Ive sent a few emails late in December over the years to various Indiana Reps reminding them how stupid this law really is.

Guess now someone will need to take on the Ballistic Knife thing now.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1177 (handgun training for teachers, authored by Jim Lucas) hasn't been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate. It passed the House overwhelmingly 71-24 and is now going nowhere. Similar bills have passed the House in the past only to not get a vote in the Senate. In (IIRC) 2019 Coach and I testified in support of a similar bill.

I haven't been beating the drum on this one since I know some of you don't agree with it (I was in high school long before the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, I get it.)

If so inclined, give the number below a call. Leave a message for Senator Raatz (Chair of the Education and Career Development Committee) and tell him to give HB 1177 a hearing.

800-382-9467

I'm calling today to thank Senatar Raatz for scheduling 1177 for a hearing. Should be interesting tomorrow to say the least.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Since CY 2015, there have been only 10 charges filed for manufacturing, importing, selling, or possessing a “Chinese throwing star”.
    How bad must one screw up to actually get arrested for a "chinese throwing star" ?
    I'm really curious how Eric-the great-Holcomb will handle this. Does he sign? Ignore it, let it become law but always be able to claim he wasn't for it (when it fits the audience) or claim he was for it (when it fits the audience)? Veto and actually state why he disagrees with it? I guess the first step is to actually get it passed and on his desk for signature.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How bad must one screw up to actually get arrested for a "chinese throwing star" ?
    I'm really curious how Eric-the great-Holcomb will handle this. Does he sign? Ignore it, let it become law but always be able to claim he wasn't for it (when it fits the audience) or claim he was for it (when it fits the audience)? Veto and actually state why he disagrees with it? I guess the first step is to actually get it passed and on his desk for signature.
    From what I understand, its believed the few times it’s been charged, are situations where they were detained for something else. Like your busted for drugs, and ohh look throwing stars, we’ll charge them for that too. So called throwing the book at someone. Of those 10 I am willing to wager few to none were busted just throwing stars. The bad guy is usually doing other bad things, and the cops find throwing stars too.

I don’t think it will be a big deal getting it signed. The law is at best considered a joke, and often seen in those clickbait lists of strange things that are against the law.

Top Bottom