• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On bill 3 of 5. Just out of camera view, I swear that kid looks 14.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, an amendment was introduced, sounded a lot like what was my money line on what it should’ve said.

Sitting through a lawyer who really likes to talk.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And when they remodeled this room, it now sucks! Almost as bad as room 130. Testifying on the 50 yard line, at least your not backed up against a giant limestone pillar.

Public defenders hate felonies and talk a lot.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1177 (handgun training for teachers, authored by Jim Lucas) hasn't been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate. It passed the House overwhelmingly 71-24 and is now going nowhere. Similar bills have passed the House in the past only to not get a vote in the Senate. In (IIRC) 2019 Coach and I testified in support of a similar bill.

I haven't been beating the drum on this one since I know some of you don't agree with it (I was in high school long before the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, I get it.)

If so inclined, give the number below a call. Leave a message for Senator Raatz (Chair of the Education and Career Development Committee) and tell him to give HB 1177 a hearing.

800-382-9467

It ain't over til it's over! We got one more hearing day, let Senator Raatz know we're here.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It ain't over til it's over! We got one more hearing day, let Senator Raatz know we're here.
    Spoke to a very nice lady when I left a message for Senators Raatz and Crane. Senator Crane is the ranking member on the committee, he is also my state senator. If you call, tag them both!

Edit there are not one but two hearing days left on the Senate side. We might have a shot at this one.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It appears to have passed overwhelmingly, I didn’t see any house amendments
    Well its certainly a much better bill then that crazy Throwing Star rental thing...

Its a straight up repeal. I don't know how the congress critters do their things, just that they appear to have gotten it right.

But to my layman mind, I think it has to go back to the Senate to be voted on because the house made changes? I dunno.

H03/29/2023Returned to the Senate with amendments

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Anyway lets see what liberal scumbags voted against SB77.

Campbell
    Hatfield
    Lyness
    Moseley
    Porter
    and.. DeLaney (well I know this one, big surprise there)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Anyway lets see what liberal scumbags voted against SB77.

Campbell
    Hatfield
    Lyness
    Moseley
    Porter
    and.. DeLaney (well I know this one, big surprise there)
    Hatfield at one time was endorsed by NRA-PVF. The no vote on ConC cost him that.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1177 (handgun training for teachers, authored by Jim Lucas) hasn't been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate. It passed the House overwhelmingly 71-24 and is now going nowhere. Similar bills have passed the House in the past only to not get a vote in the Senate. In (IIRC) 2019 Coach and I testified in support of a similar bill.

I haven't been beating the drum on this one since I know some of you don't agree with it (I was in high school long before the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990, I get it.)

If so inclined, give the number below a call. Leave a message for Senator Raatz (Chair of the Education and Career Development Committee) and tell him to give HB 1177 a hearing.

800-382-9467

Friday bump! Again the folks who take these messages are incredibly nice. Be sure and return the favor when you leave Senators Raatz (Chairman) and Crane (Ranking member) a message to schedule HB 1177 for a hearing.

Top Bottom