• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Took this one yesterday afternoon after I got home from work. Shot was 135 yards out, seen him walking across the driveway out oast the poke barn.

Love my Remington 783

53bbf9155d0c9bc3e9503d4097641312.jpg

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    In the 70’s as a teenager the farmer across the field paid me $1 for every groundhog I killed. Started off with a single shot .22. Later I got a Remington 22-250 and a little hand loader. What fun. Decided I add just a little more powder, don’t ask me why, more is better right? Lol. Anyway couldn’t hit them anymore! I shoot 100 yards and couldn’t even hit a 3’ target! Shoot at 25 yds and bullseye. ??? Then shot at about 50 yards and have little shotgun like shrapnel in the 3’ target? What is going on?! So my Dads friend told me I was shooting too hot of loads and the lightweight bullet was disinigrating literally ! Guess he was right! I saved those loads for 30 yards or less. We hit groundhogs at close range and never an exit wound. They seemed to explode into nothing as soon as they hit something. Those were some fun days.
    Wow, we must be related! Early 70's, I take my grass cutting money and buy a used Rem 788 in 22-250. Had a Weaver K-8 on it. I learned reloading on a Lee Loader hand kit. (still have the little Lee loader but sadly no Rem 788). Spent a lot of time at a family property south of Bloomfield. I went from a .22 to the big time with that 22-250!
    Grandpa would say a 'chuck could eat $$ worth of beans and alfalfa.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    First pick was last Saturday about 30 yrds. Second pic was today about 15 yrds. That .17 hmr hits hard! Dont even know how many I have killed this year. Probably close to 15-18 at this point. They cleaned along our ditch this last winter. Took a bunch of trees and brush out. Must have pushed them into the open part of the ditch is my guess. Fun times shooting them thats for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_3618.jpeg
      IMG_3618.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 11
    • IMG_3647.jpeg
      IMG_3647.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 11

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Wow, we must be related! Early 70's, I take my grass cutting money and buy a used Rem 788 in 22-250. Had a Weaver K-8 on it. I learned reloading on a Lee Loader hand kit. (still have the little Lee loader but sadly no Rem 788). Spent a lot of time at a family property south of Bloomfield. I went from a .22 to the big time with that 22-250!
    Grandpa would say a 'chuck could eat $$ worth of beans and alfalfa.

I have a Rem 788 22-250 single owner if you have any desire to own another.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Neighbor not of rural knowledge/ upbringing?
    She's been our neighbor for well over 15 years but didn't believe in killing nuisance animals. She always thought that live trapping and relocating was the best way to do it. I think it finally sunk in when I showed her the damage done to the foundation and told her I really didn't want to give these problems to someone else. Over population of these critters makes them a nuisance

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I find it insulting that you would suggest I’m so incompetent with a rifle that I couldn’t make a shot at such a close range without hitting the roof. In answer to your question no, I haven’t patched the roof yet and I probably won’t. Purple is implied.
    I didn't mean to insult you! OK, I did a little. But only a little! Fibered roof coating, like painters caulk, can fix almost anything.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I find it insulting that you would suggest I’m so incompetent with a rifle that I couldn’t make a shot at such a close range without hitting the roof. In answer to your question no, I haven’t patched the roof yet and I probably won’t. Purple is implied.
    Your talking to a guy that shot pigeons out of a silo -from the inside. With a .22.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just saw groundhogzilla on my new property today.
    This boy looked as big around as a soccer ball!
    He saw me before I saw him so I didn't get a chance to draw fast enough.
    We'll be meeting again soon...

MR.ROBOT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2023
    Plymouth, Indiana
    This little dude cost me $800 crawled up under my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and ate the fuel pump line along with wiring to my lane departure and offroad lift system. Between these buttholes and the squirrels that chew up the wiring in my truck, I'm losing my mind. Come to find out they use peanut oil in the wiring casing or something along those lines. Why in the heck would car manufacturers do such a stupid thing?

Attachments

• 20230808_103619.jpg
      20230808_103619.jpg
      644.1 KB · Views: 8
    Top Bottom