• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Saw 2 does near my spot driving in around 7.
    Had my gear ready and was leaving the truck before 7:30 (not yet legal light) and saw a buck come out of the thicket, and go across field.
    Wind in face while in stand, saw nothing for a while.
    Decided I was too tired, hurt and the stand wrong for the wind, so bailed.
    Almost to truck, its thick crap right by the road, out popped two bucks. Small 7 or 8 went across road in open field.
    The goofy 3 point stopped. Had a 40 yard shot to drop him 35 yards from the truck LOL
    I just let him walk away.

Dunno if they were bedded there, or came in (from ?).

Wouldn't have shot em anyway. That one before legal light that went into the wind across the field.
    Thats the one I want.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Going to go through and sort my freezer tomorrow….. and HOPEFULLY I can clean up and condense enough to go out with the kids and continue to get after them. If not I will hang it up for the year…. Was a successful year 1 mature doe 1 button buck both in youth season 1 buck I got in archery and 1 buck my dad got in firearm! Then time to start in on the tree rats again.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I remember more than one occasion, in muzzle loader season out in the woods, when my lunch got so frozen that I couldn't eat it.

This past Saturday, in the woods, I was shooing flies off of my lunch.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I remember more than one occasion, in muzzle loader season out in the woods, when my lunch got so frozen that I couldn't eat it.

This past Saturday, in the woods, I was shooing flies off of my lunch.
    My daughter and I had to thaw out PBJ's on the Buddy Heater one year. Well below zero. Best sandwich we ever had. I begged to leave. She shot a deer a half hour later. Lol

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Was out in the DRZ yesterday morning, and saw a WHOLE HERD: 3 does with 5 yearlings and a 14 point ruling over all.

Unfortunately, that was the red deer herd that the landowner raises on his farm. He would take a dim view of me filling my tag with those.
    Other than that, nothing but bluebirds eating eastern red cedar berries.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    This was a long muzzle loading season. Bought my tag at 1 pm today at Wally World. Went out at 4 pm to set on my bucket. By 4:15 had 4 does and a buck at 100 yards, didn't want that long a shot with my muzzleloader. By 4:40 had that buck and about 12 does still at 100 yards. My luck changed and 2 does walked out at 40 yards. She is hanging the barn now. I've had shorter seasons.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    This was a long muzzle loading season. Bought my tag at 1 pm today at Wally World. Went out at 4 pm to set on my bucket. By 4:15 had 4 does and a buck at 100 yards, didn't want that long a shot with my muzzleloader. By 4:40 had that buck and about 12 does still at 100 yards. My luck changed and 2 does walked out at 40 yards. She is hanging the barn now. I've had shorter seasons.
    Nice! Three bucks for Em and I this year. Hoping to get the boy out this weekend. He owns two businesses and both are going gangbusters. Busy kid.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I hear ya.
    Kidney stone got my attention yesterday.
    3 hrs sleep and here I am on INGO.......I just sleep like crap no matter what.

NO issues but I aint feelin it today (stone or going deer hunting).
    That sucks. Years ago I found one of my guys on the floor in the fetal position. He had some dandy stones!

Top Bottom