• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    :thumbsup: Seriously thinking of using my GP100 .357 Mag this year.
    My first handgun kill was a nice big doe using my Dan Wesson 15-2 with a 6" barrel and a Tasco red dot (25+ years ago). Walked off 30 paces and she dropped about 10 yards from where I shot her. I've taken several more with the .357 mag and a couple with my .44 mag. The 15-2 shooting the 6" barrel was really good with 158 gr XTPs.

progelk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2023
    Springfield
    Exciting times ahead! Fresh rubs and early hunt opportunities sound promising. Best of luck for a successful hunting season!

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I’m at my brothers property and they are out with bows. I can’t use a bow cuz I blew my shoulder out playing baseball. I DO have a crossbow on order but it is not here… yet!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Cold front coming, should help, according to the habitat solutions dude on YT

Cuz and I will proly try to get out.

Prefer to stay out til Halloween
    I definitely tend to see an uptick in daylight buck movement on my trail cams following October cold fronts. I'll probably hunt somewhere on the fringe of my hunting area at some point this weekend. While I expect an increase in buck movement, I don't think it is enough to warrant putting pressure on my better spots.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Youth Hunt success!!
    We had an interesting day for sure at 85 degrees… we hunted until 1100 and never saw anything but squirrels. Ate some pizza and went to the beach for lunch. Back to the woods around 1600. Bobcat @10 yds around 1800. Group of Doe move in around 1830. That’s when my boy let the Savage eat making a perfect shot @40yds! Then we played Shew fly Shew until around midnight when butchering was complete… great day!!
    IMG_3383.jpeg

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I need to get some sleep at some point, so I'm not going out until the afternoon tomorrow. If it isn't raining. Up early, hour drive, work late, hour drive. Need a day or two to just sleep.

Top Bottom