KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you follow Guy Relford on Facebook you probably saw this. There is a hearing this coming Wednesday January 5th on concealed carry at the statehouse. I plan to attend.

https://fb.me/e/1hVLVDnZF
    Scroll back to post #57 and read on ;) Nonetheless, it's always good to have pro-2A butts in the seats at 200 West Washington Street. Welcome aboard BJ.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    INGO call to action (BLARNT!! BLARNT!!) Operation Fill Their Inboxes is underway!

HB 1077 is up for hearing on 5 January.

Post #64 (above) has a sample email and the link to the Public Policy Committee (click members, the member's name, then send email.)

Committee members (at least the R's) and your Rep need their inboxes full when they get back on Monday

Also, The 2A Project will be sending out a call to action later today
    Emails sent to all members of the House Public Policy Committee and my Rep.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To the top! Post #64 has the sample email supporting HB 1077. Wednesday afternoon will be here before we know it.

If your schedule allows try to make it to 200 West Washington Street. It's always good to have pro-2A butts in the seats at a hearing. The Public Policy Committee is meeting in Room 404 (really nice room) and not the horrible Room(s) 156 A-D down in the basement.

Edit: don't like closed spaces and packed rooms? Watch it live on the big screen outside the conference room!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Got some more bills (more to follow)

HB 1084:

Ban on public funding of bail paying organization. Prohibits the state and a political subdivision from: (1) posting bail for any person; or (2) providing a grant to any entity that provides funding for any person. Prohibits an entity that has received a grant from the state or a political subdivision from posting bail for any person or providing a grant, directly or indirectly, to an entity that posts bail for any person.

Looks like the House companion to SB 8. Haven't gone through the whole bill but SB 8 looks solid.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Got some more bills (more to follow)

HB 1084:

Ban on public funding of bail paying organization. Prohibits the state and a political subdivision from: (1) posting bail for any person; or (2) providing a grant to any entity that provides funding for any person. Prohibits an entity that has received a grant from the state or a political subdivision from posting bail for any person or providing a grant, directly or indirectly, to an entity that posts bail for any person.

Looks like the House companion to SB 8. Haven't gone through the whole bill but SB 8 looks solid.
    YES!!! One of our Representatives must be listening.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    NRA-ILA Call to Action

This will send an email to your Representative, not the committee members.
    Copy of what gets forwarded to your State Rep is below. Anybody heard from NAGR?

As a constituent, I ask you to please support House Bill 1077.

This critical bill ensures that law-abiding citizens like me can exercise our right to self-defense without government red tape and delay. It does not change the criteria for who is eligible to possess or carry a handgun. Any delay imposed on a fundamental right is too long, especially during these times of uncertainty, when more citizens are choosing to exercise their Second Amendment rights for the first time, to defend themselves and their loved ones.

Currently, 21 states have similar laws. Of those, five passed such laws just last year. It is time for Indiana to join this trend, for the benefit of law-abiding citizens.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's Hearing Day Eve!! (yes I just made that up.) Not too late to fill the inboxes of our elected officials.

This is the only bill up for hearing in the Public Policy Committee. Last year with COVID restrictions in place we were there for FOUR HOURS!! Look for this to be a long one.

Last year at the HB 1369 the Pro-2A side of people testifying outnumbered the antis for the first time. This trend needs to continue.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HOT OFF THE PRESS!! Jim Lucas introduced HB 1114, Self Defense. Synopsis looks like SB 143, also 6 pages long. Referred to the courts and the criminal code committee in the house.

It seems like somewhere up thread is a draft email supporting Senate Bill 143. Rename, find replace, save, I like having the same bills in both Houses. Makes my life much easier!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly,
    First thanks for doing what you do!
    I know it's probably too early to hazard a guess but any thoughts you would be willing to share for this go-around?
    Thanks Emerson, I've said many times I'm blessed to work this close to the Statehouse, have a job where nothing (I do anyway) is an emergency, and have a crap-ton of use or lose leave.

Putting on my Carnac the Magnificent hat...

Tomorrow: I'll put the over/under at 5 hours of testimony. This is House Public Policy Committee, it'll pass party-line vote. Public Policy Committee will call Guy as the last to testify. I will be REALLY glad to see him get called. When the Everytown generic DB gets called I'll go to the bathroom (I'm not kidding.)

The Senate Judiciary Committee (remember SB 14? It is HB 1077 with an over 21 caveat for ConC) meets at the same time as House Public Policy (Wednesdays at 1330) so look for SB 14 to come up 19 or 26 January.

I don't think the Judiciary Committee Chair would co-sponsor a bill that won't come up for a hearing.

Passes on a party-line vote out of committee. That's in Room 130 (in the basement, it's like testifying on a football field sideline with your back against a giant load-bearing limestone pillar. That room SUCKS. Yes I will ***** more about it later. Did I mention that room SUCKS?) With HB 1077 passed committee in the House, look for every anti to come out of the woodwork. We will need pro-2A butts in the seats here too.

Both Senate and House pass the bills, a few defectors but mostly party-line vote.

One will go forward, my money is on SB 14. More of an "all politics is political" thing.

Goes to the House and assigned to Public Policy. One more hearing in room 404. Once again the call-out for the pro-2A butts in the seats since the antis will be going bat**** crazy at this point. I mean Soros-funded/bus crazy ******* in, crazy.

Passes the House same vote as 1077.

The Governor is planning a run for US Senate. He will "see the light" here in 2022 and sign the bill with much fanfare.

Been down this road more than a couple times. I hope this is close to what will happen. ConC in 2022!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Haircut? Check!

Beard trimmed? Check!

NRA Polo Shirt over The 2A Project t-shirt? Check!

Black sneakers in case of SRO and I have to stand for 5 hours? Check!

Mechanical pencil and giant Post-It notes to take notes on my rambling thoughts to post later on INGO? Check!

Bullet points (no pun intended) and back-up material in traditional green folder? Check!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On-line appearance forms are up and running as of 0533. Have to populate the date line first to get the bill number to show up.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1132 from Jim Lucas! Not sure how close it is to 1077.

DIGEST​

Firearms matters. Allows a person to possess or carry a handgun without a license unless the person: (1) has been convicted of certain crimes or delinquent offenses; (2) has been prohibited by a court from possessing a handgun or has been found by a court to be dangerous; or (3) has been found by a court to be mentally incompetent, has been involuntarily committed, or has been the subject of a 90 day or regular commitment. Repeals the current offense of carrying a handgun without a license and makes it a Class A misdemeanor for certain persons to possess or carry a handgun. Increases the penalty to a Level 5 felony in some instances. Makes conforming amendments and repeals obsolete provisions. Makes a technical correction

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom