Not open for further replies.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kelly, I wish I could be there! New job and I missed the second half of yesterday due to a root canal means I have to put in a full day today.

Good luck to you, Guy and everyone else speaking on behalf of FREEDOM today. I think this is the year we finally get this done. If so, a celebration is in order and drinks are on me.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn’t start watching until after @KellyinAvon had already testified. I’m sure he was stellar as always.

And Guy Relford absolutely eviscerated the Antis’ arguments against HB1077, which passed the Public Policy Committee 9-3.

:rockwoot:
    Dang that was a long day! Thanks for the vote of confidence cb, I came in hot with about 95% of the testimony FBI stats. Tried to make it interesting. I went 2nd? That never happens.

Guy f-ing dropped the mic!

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not your normal group of Moms against freedom there today speaking out against this bill. Wonder if it was the fear of the virus keeping them away.. This year we seen more people use the rise in gang or violent felons killing each other to speak out against this bill... But will ignore how how we are seeing DA's or Judges who are activist letting the violent repeat offenders Or known gang members out on low bail then have the, Bail Reform Project come and bail them out..
    It does feel like the gun control groups are changing up their game now in our state with starting out with, "I'm a Gun Owner, BUT".. Or add emotions to make you fell bad as a means to get what they want. A few seemed to get their feathers ruffled during the questioning you could see them getting a bit mad with a look of "How dare you ask me this when I can't answer with a clear response to back my speech lol..Can't wait for the next round and see some of you all again.. :patriot:

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn’t start watching until after @KellyinAvon had already testified. I’m sure he was stellar as always.

And Guy Relford absolutely eviscerated the Antis’ arguments against HB1077, which passed the Public Policy Committee 9-3.

:rockwoot:
    Hey cbhausen! What is worse? Root canal, or sitting through the antis??

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not your normal group of Moms against freedom there today speaking out against this bill. Wonder if it was the fear of the virus keeping them away.. This year we seen more people use the rise in gang or violent felons killing each other to speak out against this bill... But will ignore how how we are seeing DA's or Judges who are activist letting the violent repeat offenders Or known gang members out on low bail then have the, Bail Reform Project come and bail them out..
    It does feel like the gun control groups are changing up their game now in our state with starting out with, "I'm a Gun Owner, BUT".. Or add emotions to make you fell bad as a means to get what they want. A few seemed to get their feathers ruffled during the questioning you could see them getting a bit mad with a look of "How dare you ask me this when I can't answer with a clear response to back my speech lol..Can't wait for the next round and see some of you all again.. :patriot:
    It was good seeing you again Bollorollo.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK just one more thing (yeah I'm kinda hyped up.) Charlie Hiltunen the "Director Shotgun" of the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association (ISRPA) testified maybe third to the last. This was his testimony:

I'm Charlie Hiltunen from the ISRPA. We wholeheartedly support this bill! PEACE OUT!!

OK I added "peace out", but that was it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Last year I found myself in a restaurant at the same time that Sheila Klinker was having lunch.
    Without a word to her, I called the waitress over and told her that I would pay for Mrs. Klinker's bill.

I actually told the waitress not to mention who it was, but she did anyway and Mrs. Klinker came straight to my table upon learning about what I had done.

She was appreciative, but confused.
    Said she had never had a constituent buy her lunch.

The look on her face when I told her I had never voted for her was worth a million.
    I told her I did it because I knew that she supports the 2nd amendment, and that was the only reason.

Two days ago, when I saw HB1077 was on the floor, I emailed Mrs. Klinker to ask her to support this bill and reminded her of the conservative who bought her lunch.

We'll see...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HOT OFF THE PRESS!! Jim Lucas introduced HB 1114, Self Defense. Synopsis looks like SB 143, also 6 pages long. Referred to the courts and the criminal code committee in the house.

It seems like somewhere up thread is a draft email supporting Senate Bill 143. Rename, find replace, save, I like having the same bills in both Houses. Makes my life much easier!
    I did give Jim's self defense bill a look finally. Only difference I saw between SB 143 and HB 1114 was HB 1114 adds "fixed place of business" to the locations under Castle Doctrine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom