• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I was doing the challenge/coin check. It works much better sitting at the bar than on the INGO.

If you've been presented a coin, you have to carry it. (Not really realistic, I carry mine from the RoK pictured above since it was the first coin I was presented.) If someone challenges (taps coin on bar,) everyone who has been presented a coin (there is no database of everyone presented coins) responds by tapping their coin on the bar. Everyone has a coin? The challenger buys a round for the bar. Someone doesn't have their coin? They buy the round.

My last few months in Iceland in 1998 (Sheryl and the kids had already moved to NC) I lived in across the hall from the Zoomie Bar. Always had my coin, got a lot of free drinks.
    I have wondered about something with the challenge coin thing. I wasn't in the military, however I have one what I term real challenge coin. My brother sent it to me when he made Command Master Chief, it is his coin. He also sent one to my kid, and my nephews. I do often carry it with me. However I would feel strange presenting it during one of these checks, since I wasn't in the military.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have wondered about something with the challenge coin thing. I wasn't in the military, however I have one what I term real challenge coin. My brother sent it to me when he made Command Master Chief, it is his coin. He also sent one to my kid, and my nephews. I do often carry it with me. However I would feel strange presenting it during one of these checks, since I wasn't in the military.
    Oh good, you can buy the next round! :lmfao:

Now we're getting into a whole other level of coinage (??) and that's where someone in a senior leadership position has coins based on the position. The USAF had all kinds of rules (of course they did) about these coins and was very specific about ones with the individual's name on it (opposed to the position.) Receiving a coin from the 9th Air Force Command Chief Master Sergeant while deployed is something that will be in a performance report. Got an Ammo coin for closing the bar with the Ammo troops and being made an honorary Ammo troop? Not so much. (Full disclosure: I don't have an Ammo coin.)

I gotta get to work around here. More to follow.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Serious history with that squadron! Was that at Dyess or Whiteman?
    About 2010, 3 vets and a student pilot at VFW for dinner. He set the rules for the bet. He lost. But I refused to take it he insisted , he was adamant, said he could get another. His dad is A.F. Officer. I acquiesced but only if he let me pick up the whole tab. Dinner and drinks. Been down here in my desk drawer since. Mine is in the dark hidey hole, with my tags and 214. Got mine from Abrams in 1970. U.S. Army

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Received a payment today but no INGO username. Paid by MO. Would a Walter B. Please PM me so I can make note

Thanks
    Don

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Upping the order shouldn't be a problem. Will send an email tomorrow to the company just to make sure

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Seems there's been some interest lately In a new run of INGO challenge coin.
    I've done some research and got a couple quotes.

To get the best deal, and sell at prices below, I need 300 coins spoken for.

Price will be $6 per coin, or 4 for $20, shipped to your door.

Coin measures 1.75" in diameter, so .25" larger than the original challenge coins. Also added a roped edge to the coin.

Here is the proof of what the coin will look like. I may have the year added to proof as well if we have the interest to move forward

UPDATED PROOF OF COIN/S YOU WILL RECEIVE
    View attachment 218365

We have pretty much reached the 300 minimum for the deal.

Now time for payment.

I can accept MO, Zelle, PayPal (friends and family only, unless you want to pay fees), cash, and if you are an esteemed member (determined by me) personal check.
    I'm not making money on this, just doing it because :ingo:

Please PM/Start Conversation with me and we'll get all the pertinent details (payment method/shipping address/etc) worked out.

I'm hoping to collect payment within 2-3 weeks and then place order. Once I receive order I will get the coins shipped out to you as fast as I can (I work Full Time)

Lead time on the coins as per conversation with company today, is 4-6 weeks to in my possession from date of order. I imagine it will take me another week to pack and ship all the orders. So my time-line looks to be around late November to early December.

Any questions feel free to ask
    I'd like 4. Is it too late? ;)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'd gladly take 1 if I could get it, or 4 if I can get them.

If someone drops out, let me know.
    Late to the game…

I would take 1 or 4 if you order more.
    Missed this.

20 if you can up your order.
    I'd like 4. Is it too late? ;)

Ok. Inquired about ordering another 50-100, and as I suspected not an issue. This company so far has been great. Super quick response on a Holiday. Gotta love that

Those that have asked to get in on the coins can PM me for payment details.

:ingo:

Top Bottom