• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The regulations are that if you voted in the last general election you are required to pick the ballot of the party that got the majority of your votes. If you didn't vote in the last general election, you are required to pick which one you intend to receive the majority of your votes in the next general election. Failure to follow that is classified as voter fraud and is I believe a class A misdemeanor without checking.
    I'm surprised to hear there are laws governing this. I've always understood Indiana to have open primaries as formally defined. I suppose we effectively do have open primaries given the unenforceable nature of the law, but still weird to have a written law that has a zero percent chance of ever being applied. Every primary I voted in was a simple, "republican or democrat?". Never once a discussion of past or future general election choices. I was intrigued enough to look around and sure enough, what you wrote is the formal position in IN primary voting. I can't decide if that's weird, crazy or just ****ing stupid.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm surprised to hear there are laws governing this. I've always understood Indiana to have open primaries as formally defined. I suppose we effectively do have open primaries given the unenforceable nature of the law, but still weird to have a written law that has a zero percent chance of ever being applied. Every primary I voted in was a simple, "republican or democrat?". Never once a discussion of past or future general election choices. I was intrigued enough to look around and sure enough, what you wrote is the formal position in IN primary voting. I can't decide if that's weird, crazy or just ****ing stupid.
    Yep. Heck I've seen very few places when reporting about the primaries get it right. It's always IN has open primaries.

KomradeEli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Castleton (NE Indy)
    Well, I voted. My county is so Republican very few Demons run. I still had to cause a scene when I was asked R or D. I told them Independent. That doesn't fly. So I told them D. and a hush fell over the room. Went to the booth and scanned the 4 pages without voting for anyone. Cast ballot. Wonder how that will be counted?
    Lots of people really don’t fall into republican or democrat and yet we are forced into the funnel. I wish America had more actual parties and more power to them. Being independent can be rough, especially with how polar people are about politics. Like can’t I disagree with you on one issue and agree on another? Usually people just can’t accept that lol

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Well, I voted. My county is so Republican very few Demons run. I still had to cause a scene when I was asked R or D. I told them Independent. That doesn't fly. So I told them D. and a hush fell over the room. Went to the booth and scanned the 4 pages without voting for anyone. Cast ballot. Wonder how that will be counted?
    My wife and i did the same thing, as our republican lifers in this city and county have been on a huge spending spree and was the cause of our property taxes being doubled and even tripled . It was mainly due to a farmer rep that wanted to change tax rates on farmers so everyone else had to make up the difference!!!!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife and i did the same thing, as our republican lifers in this city and county have been on a huge spending spree and was the cause of our property taxes being doubled and even tripled . It was mainly due to a farmer rep that wanted to change tax rates on farmers so everyone else had to make up the difference!!!!!!!
    It matters not what party that pretend to follow. They all suck. All of them.
    We no longer have a voice.

Top Bottom