• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Sat this morning. Perfect. No sirens, no loud cars/trucks. No thumping gangbanger crap 'music'. Just the sound of the wild. Then I coughed and spooked the biggest doe I've ever seen up here. All by herself. Oh well.
    Had seven does join me for supper tonight. I'll post a pic when I'm back in the land of wifi.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had to stop for a six pointer on my way to work yesterday but a few toots on the horn and he got out of my way. I told him to go home because I'm pretty sure he was one of mine since he wasn't far from home. :lmfao:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Does continue to frequent my mock scrape but the bucks have been pretty scarce so far.
    View attachment 229821
    We only have about 20 acres to hunt… and we just had our “haunted” hay ride in the back. Deer activity dropped significantly on cameras but deer season is part of the reason we had the hayride so early. Things will get back to normal before the rut and when the crops come down.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The property owner where we hunt down here decided to cut wood. He's really changed things badly. Hope he gets done soon. I offered to finish for him in January.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The property owner where we hunt down here decided to cut wood. He's really changed things badly. Hope he gets done soon. I offered to finish for him in January.
    Deer seem to get used to constant disturbances but abrupt changes they are not big fans of lol

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There has been a doe blowing up one of my cameras for the past 30-45 mins just milling around the same general area. Would have been a 35 yard shot from my hidey hole from the ground on the edge of the field.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Saw five does and three bucks. Was thinking about shooting a lone doe and a 6 point came in behind her. Then an 8 came from another direction and started raking a bush in front of the 6. The 6 backed down. No shot on the 8. The doe was not impressed by any of it. Lol. A one antlered 3 point came out about 9:30. Young buck. Of course, HE gave me a perfect broadside.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We'll see how it goes I guess.
    I'm going to take a rifle too, but I found out that I can use a handgun for the state park reduction hunt at Prophets Town this year.
    I was drawn one time in the past, but didn't get a chance at a decent shot so I came home empty handed.
    This year I'm going to take my RIA 1911 in 10mm along just for gits and shingles.
    If I get the opportunity, I will use it.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Saw to many deer to count this morning, then at 10 am they just all disappeared. I covered two and a half counties. About 80+ miles round trip. Saw one guy (truck) don’t know if hunter or trapper.

Top Bottom