• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I pick grendel also. The only reason 350 legend is even a thing is because of stupid laws on public lands. And that is why I have one.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I was sitting in my stand yesterday evening when my neighbor texted me asking me if I was hunting. I said yes, he said there is a giant 10 point chasing a doe in the field where I usually park my side by side. Of course its in front of the stand I thought about going to instead I went to another stand in my next field about 300 yards away. Never saw them, hopefully I will see a big one this morning

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    At < 165 yards, do you really think trajectory will make that much of a difference?
    Remember, I'm not looking to buy one or the other.
    Already have both, and ammo for both, and I'm in the Legend could double as a yote gun too.
    Minute of deer, no it won’t.
    Minute of coyote, it might. Depends on your hunting area. If you need to thread a headshot through brush, trajectory might make the difference.
    I prefer flat shooters over rainbow trajectories. But that’s just me.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Dumb question.

Let's say hypothetically I'm in the woods. I then see a deer with obvious signs of c.w.d.. Should I shoot it, and if so would that count against my tag? Or are those "freebies"?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Dumb question.

Let's say hypothetically I'm in the woods. I then see a deer with obvious signs of c.w.d.. Should I shoot it, and if so would that count against my tag? Or are those "freebies"?
    Goes against tag to my knowledge and it makes sense. If they allowed that people would just claim it “looked sick” when the enormous buck comes out.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Dumb question.

There I was, just sittimg in the woods. Suddenly, a deer threatened me. I feared for my life. This has been a tramatic experience.

I have no further comment until represented by my legal counsel in order to ensure a complete and thorough investigation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There I was, just sittimg in the woods. Suddenly, a deer threatened me. I feared for my life. This has been a tramatic experience.

I have no further comment until represented by my legal counsel in order to ensure a complete and thorough investigation.
    iu

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Dumb question.

If you took it to be tested and it tested positive, there's a possibility that you might get your tag back. Chances are that it is more likely to be something other than CWD though.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Rattled in a pretty decent 8pt this morning, right after first light. Decided to let him walk, waiting on a little better prospect. Have had him on cameras recently. Other than that, no action. Cell cameras aren’t picking up any day time activity yet, hoping things ramp up these next few days before the orange army hits the woods Saturday 0DDE6457-904F-4F41-8EE6-483683A3AACF.jpeg

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I only made it out for bow once and that was on Monday. Rest of the week was spent doing other stuff. We did sight guns in Friday so I think we're all ready to go. Taking the CVA Cascade 350 Legend out for the opener. It shot and grouped well. I would've liked to have shot it some more but was limited on time. I won't have anything past a 100yd anyway. Back to work for 5 days then off for all of gun season.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Taking my dad (73) out for his first season ever. Pretty excited about it I think maybe as excited as when I took my daughters out. I didn’t grow up hunting so a weird dynamic lol little backwards.
    About five years ago my uncle purchased 50 acres of prime bottom land in southern Fountain county for the sole purpose of hunting deer.
    The first thing he did after the closing was to add my name, and my two brothers names to the deed!
    He had not hunted in more than 40 years and wanted to get back into the game.
    We are having a blast prepping for the season.
    We have spent close to half of the weekends between last season and this working on lengthening our shooting lanes and creating small food plots.
    I am enjoying not only the new hunting grounds, but a new found relationship with my uncle.
    We've always gotten along, but now it seems like a good friendship as well.

He's all worked up for opening day next week.
    At 84 years old, he puts many people half his age to shame.
    I only hope I will be as spry as he is when I reach that age.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I didn’t miss anything he’s to little anyways , but I just moved that stand Saturday in all the wind and rain to that spot .
    They have it just tore up .
    8B31B2A1-34ED-42AD-9CF3-9F2D2254B721.jpeg
    You can see the stand in the back ground lol
    If you look close it looks like he’s been shot !

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Looking forward to Saturday. Youngest will have a Ruger American and I will have a Tikka T3X, both in .308 using 168 grain BTSP handloads. Might get out with the crossbow yet this week.

On the way home from our small group meeting last night 2 different people mentioned that they almost hit deer that were crossing the road. Guess they're moving around in some places, but not so much in the daytime. That heavy winter coat gets them overheated on the warm days we're having. Might have to move to evenings instead of mornings - sunrise comes mighty early now. But then deer season crashes up against volleyball season.

Top Bottom