• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Boy that Jodi Madera, the law professor is something else. I feel sorry for her students, but think about that. She is educating people into a career in law. Somebody should have really called her out on those stats, she thinks she nailed it and left everyone speechless ( not realizing they couldn't follow a damn thing she said).

Thanks again Kelly.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Went through two other bills, I set through them so you don't have to :D

On to HB 1369:
    Chairman Ben Smaltz was the author so Vice Chair Peggy Mayfield had the gavel. She called opposing/supporting/opposing/supporting. This is how I knew we outnumbered them, the last 6 to testify were PRO-2A!!

Below is from my scribbled, hieroglyphic-like notes and is more of what I thought at the time than anything else.

Chief Flannelly Lafayette PD/ Chiefs Assoc (Oppose)
    - BUTTER
    - Blamed the pizza delivery driver who was shot in robbery for getting shot WTF?
    - Stated he wouldn't have issued half the LTCHs he did if he had the choice
    - Rep Smaltz SMOKED him with FBI data/this guy was talking opinion on officer safety
    - Jim Lucas: "Do felons carry guns? Without a license?"
    I know Pat Flannelly. I remember when he was a rookie beat cop. It saddens me to see him fall to this level- he used to be an OK guy.

It is clear to me he is a political animal now, and he knows which side his bread is "butter"ed on.

I can't fault him for protecting his income and his family that way, I understand that keeping "your own" safe has to come before keeping an idea like an anonymous "society" safe, after all, but it tells me not to expect to trust him. He was appointed to that position to keep the society safe. (of note, the Lafayette mayor, Tony Roswarski, is a former officer and also a Dem.)

TL;DR: I'm glad we outnumbered people like this.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Can't remember if I did this up thread or last year or in another thread. I need to send a shout-out to BrotherBill3 and Bill of Rights for starting me down this road. They both testified in 2017 for ConC at the first committee hearing I ever attended. Combine that with me really needing a hobby and here we are!
    Your shout-out is heard and you are quite welcome. The meat world has had me busy the past few years, unable to be involved here, but I am pleased to see someone carrying the torch on when I could not, and doing so very effectively. Thank YOU, Kelly, for all you have done and continue doing.

This is not to exclude others who are tirelessly involved in this, including but not limited to Guy Relford, Jim Lucas, and Ben Smaltz.

If this passes this year, it will be a thumb in Joe "two blasts through the door" Biden's eye.

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Link to the video below. It is missing quite a bit including Tamara Watson's testimony. I'll start plugging in my notes below, the time hacks are for the video.

I attempted to watch the video, but while I can get through the menus to the 2/10, 1530 meeting of Public Policy, I can't get the video to play due to Adobe Flash Player being "end of life" and unable to update.

Little help here?

Blessings,
    Bill

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I attempted to watch the video, but while I can get through the menus to the 2/10, 1530 meeting of Public Policy, I can't get the video to play due to Adobe Flash Player being "end of life" and unable to update.

Little help here?

Blessings,
    Bill
    It gave me trouble also, but for some reason worked on the 3rd go round. I wish I could help, but have no idea why it started working. If you get it to start skip to around 33 min mark.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana

Little help here?

Blessings,
    Bill
    I watched it on my I phone , just click link and it loaded took few then played. If that helps Bill ?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Party line vote with one D (Summers, an F-) being absent. Off to the House floor!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I figured it was all the D's, but knowing that there are 4 D's, I was hoping that one had crossed over to the light. Oh well......
    I looked for Moed to be on our side in this one. Note to self: dime-out Moed to my NRA-ILA POCs...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom