KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1369 made it through the 2nd reading today and is up for third reading and vote on the House Floor on Monday.

Draft below is changed to reflect Utah and Montana (as of today) passing ConC. That's 18 States with ConC, Indiana was the 19th State admitted to the Union. I don't think this is a coincidence.

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH!!

Senator/Representative,

I am writing to urge your support of HB 1369, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Ben Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Wesco, and Lucas at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There will soon be 18 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who oppose such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law” (2019). The dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

In 2019, no one saw the year 2020 coming. According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation: our country gained 8.4 million new gun-owners in 2020. Early on citizens saw shortages of basic supplies and other things never before seen in this country due to the COVID pandemic. Police Departments were being depleted due to COVID exposure and subsequent quarantines. Later riots broke out across the country amidst calls to “defund and reimagine” the Police. People who would’ve depended on calling 911 in 2019 came to a horrific revelation in 2020: “You are on your own, no one is coming.”

If we learned anything from the year 2020, eventually you will have to leave your home. The essential right of self-defense does not stop at the property line. I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email
    Bumpa da thread! Just a reminder: HB 1369 is up for third reading and vote on Monday. Draft email to your Indiana Rep (link below gets you close) is in post #256. This one has the 18 States with ConC reference. Feel free to copy/paste/edit/fix my at times horrendous grammar.

Already sent an email/letter/postcard? That's cool, but we can always email again, and again!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1369 made it through the 2nd reading today and is up for third reading and vote on the House Floor on Monday.

Draft below is changed to reflect Utah and Montana (as of today) passing ConC. That's 18 States with ConC, Indiana was the 19th State admitted to the Union. I don't think this is a coincidence.

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH!!

Senator/Representative,

I am writing to urge your support of HB 1369, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Ben Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Wesco, and Lucas at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There will soon be 18 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who oppose such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law” (2019). The dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

In 2019, no one saw the year 2020 coming. According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation: our country gained 8.4 million new gun-owners in 2020. Early on citizens saw shortages of basic supplies and other things never before seen in this country due to the COVID pandemic. Police Departments were being depleted due to COVID exposure and subsequent quarantines. Later riots broke out across the country amidst calls to “defund and reimagine” the Police. People who would’ve depended on calling 911 in 2019 came to a horrific revelation in 2020: “You are on your own, no one is coming.”

If we learned anything from the year 2020, eventually you will have to leave your home. The essential right of self-defense does not stop at the property line. I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email
    Bump it again! The vote is Monday, time to fill up the Rep's inboxes! After the vote: it starts on the Senate-side.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My stupid R Rep voted no :wallbash:. Guess who won't be getting some votes next primary.

Couldn't bother to respond to me either.

Is your rep the same as mine?
    Cause mine would crawl across broken glass to vote FOR and anti- gun bill.
    Or vice versa.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom