Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    No pics, but last week we tried our first simple deep dish pizza on the Egg. Garlic slices, pepperoni, about 1/2 a red bell pepper, and plenty of mozzarella. Stone DD plate. If I had known pizza dough was so quick and easy I'd have done this much sooner.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    No pics, but last week we tried our first simple deep dish pizza on the Egg. Garlic slices, pepperoni, about 1/2 a red bell pepper, and plenty of mozzarella. Stone DD plate. If I had known pizza dough was so quick and easy I'd have done this much sooner.
    Egg pizza is hard to say no to. As far as pics, I’ve got nothing but time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ever since I ran across this article I've followed this method and the temps. The briskets have all been awesome.

https://blog.thermoworks.com/beef/thermal-tips-smoked-brisket/

I have used what they call the classic thermopen for years. The price is for the instant read thermocouple. Pull it off 10 degrees before you want. When cooking a thick steak you can see the surface temp the to the middle, the see it rise near the bottom. Very precise temp measurements. Well worth the money...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    After much deliberation, I have decided abandon charcoal, embrace technology, and go over to the dark side of the grilling/smoking world, embracing the power of the wood pellet.

Ordered one of these on Friday...

RT-700.001.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    After much deliberation, I have decided abandon charcoal, embrace technology, and go over to the dark side of the grilling/smoking world, embracing the power of the wood pellet.

Ordered one of these on Friday...

RT-700.001.jpg

Nice! What brand is it? I'm still looking at the Grilla Grills. If I ever get to Holland, MI to visit my in-laws this summer, I am planning on stopping by the company location and seeing what I think.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nice! What brand is it? I'm still looking at the Grilla Grills. If I ever get to Holland, MI to visit my in-laws this summer, I am planning on stopping by the company location and seeing what I think.

It's a Rec Tec. Looked at the Grilla, but wanted the Rec Tec's wifi and smartphone app.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have several buddies with Rec-Tec's and they absolutely love theirs. If my green mountain ever quits on me, I know Rec-Tec will be my next grill.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My parents own a Rec Tec that I suggested. They love it. I wanted something that would get screaming hot, so I bought a Yoder. https://www.yodersmokers.com/ys640-pellet-grill.html

If someone wants top of the line, I recommend Yoder. If someone wants more budget friendly, I'll recommend Rec Tec.

Yeah, looked at Yoder too. Spendy, but built like a tank.

Boss has a Cookshack PG1000. Talk about NOT budget friendly.:n00b:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    First a word from tonight’s sponsors Bulleit and Drowning Pool.

20200427-171609.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Nothing But BEEF, no sauces, veggies, it’s late, I was hungry...Last Tbone from the stores. That’s okay I still have Ribeyes.

20200427-175219.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Yep, it’s yummy. But I’m afraid I may need veggies later?:(

20200427-175642.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

If being out of work could actually allow me to drink and grill everyday, **** it, I’m in!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom