• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Fox 59 is getting it wrong on Church Carry again. They interviewed the Mad Moms leftist (of course) and had a blurb from Senator Sandlin. It sounds like they're getting their talking points from Senator Obtuse. The story will run at 10pm tonight.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ok, so we've got 1284 (w/ the church stuff added in) and the Laird-law-somewhat-improvement-laws passed. Anything else? (I'm simply not keeping up on this stuff as much as I used to).

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, so we've got 1284 (w/ the church stuff added in) and the Laird-law-somewhat-improvement-laws passed. Anything else? (I'm simply not keeping up on this stuff as much as I used to).
    SB 119 got all references to “assault weapons “ out of Indiana code.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK, I freely admit to being a dummy and my google-fu is bad. Did the governor sign 1284?

Don't think so. Guy Relford and Jim Lucas are on my FB feed and they haven't said anything about it yet. I'm sure when he does, they'll say something...something quite excitedly. :D

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. Did the training bill get hung up in conference committee? I had mixed feelings on that one.
    It didn’t make it back out of conference committee. I wasn’t good with the last amendment it was assigned. I could see this one coming back next year, in original form it was a solid bill.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    From Jim Lucas on FB

“The bill’s author Rep. Jim Lucas (R-Seymour) says he could not support the amendment that makes the firearm training a requirement for teachers who chose to carry a weapon. Lucas says this amendment makes HB 1253 a gun control bill.
    "You would hate to see it not make it out of the session but I would much rather, again, kill a good bill -- even if its mine -- than see a bad bill progress," Lucas says.”

I truly hate that we were t able to come to an agreement on HB1253. There were 4 amendments attached to it in the Senate, and I accepted 3 of the 4, but the one included gun control language that I would not agree to.
    I offered a version that had that language taken out of it, but couldn’t get the Senate to budge.
    Better luck next year!

https://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/...LvVN87afKYKP78vyJKiMNGyRqxeZ7qIftCik-8iIMKxoc

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Re; Amendment #3 that passed authored by Holdman (R)... who's water is he carrying so all that crap gets added?

Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

I was wondering that myself.

From Jim Lucas on FB

“The bill’s author Rep. Jim Lucas (R-Seymour) says he could not support the amendment that makes the firearm training a requirement for teachers who chose to carry a weapon. Lucas says this amendment makes HB 1253 a gun control bill.
    "You would hate to see it not make it out of the session but I would much rather, again, kill a good bill -- even if its mine -- than see a bad bill progress," Lucas says.”

I truly hate that we were t able to come to an agreement on HB1253. There were 4 amendments attached to it in the Senate, and I accepted 3 of the 4, but the one included gun control language that I would not agree to.
    I offered a version that had that language taken out of it, but couldn’t get the Senate to budge.
    Better luck next year!

https://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/...LvVN87afKYKP78vyJKiMNGyRqxeZ7qIftCik-8iIMKxoc

I applaud Rep. Lucas for the courage to pull a good bill that was intentionally amended to be a bad bill.

Senator Holdman was doing someone else's bidding. So what is it Senator Holdman? Why torpedo a good bill? There is a 'R' next to your name?

If Gov. Holcomb signs whats sitting on his desk, IMO we've had a good year. Incremental gains gents, increment gains.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is the only way we can get anything done, contrary to what NAGR and the I want it all NOW crowd.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    OK, I freely admit to being a dummy and my google-fu is bad. Did the governor sign 1284?

1284 doesn't need the governor's signature to become law. Governor Holcomb could always veto it. However, if 1284 sits on his desk for more than 7 days, it automatically becomes law. So, for those watching 1284, the more important question is when is it passed to the governor? Once that happens, we will know the status after 7 days.

Here is the link if anyone is wondering where I got the info: https://www.in.gov/gpcpd/2354.htm

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    HB 1651 (strengthens protections under Laird Law) had conference committee reports adopted by both House and Senate today. The vote in the House was 93-1. The one no vote? NAGR's own Curt Nisely. Anybody met this clown?

Yes, sad to say it but he's my State rep. I thought he wouldn't be worse than the Dem running against him when he started, but he's pretty low on my expectations by now.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes, sad to say it but he's my State rep. I thought he wouldn't be worse than the Dem running against him when he started, but he's pretty low on my expectations by now.

I'd never pull the lever for a D with an F, but this guy needs to go. At least with the usual suspects you know what you get. As long as there is a wide-majority in the House? If a pro-2A Dem (a few exist here in Indiana, I counted 4 in the House) gets on the ballot? Better yet, go out to Crown Hill and dig up a better State Rep :laugh:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'd never pull the lever for a D with an F, but this guy needs to go. At least with the usual suspects you know what you get. As long as there is a wide-majority in the House? If a pro-2A Dem (a few exist here in Indiana, I counted 4 in the House) gets on the ballot? Better yet, go out to Crown Hill and dig up a better State Rep :laugh:

If you or Guy want to move north - we have some great lakes here!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I applaud Rep. Lucas for the courage to pull a good bill that was intentionally amended to be a bad bill.

Senator Holdman was doing someone else's bidding. So what is it Senator Holdman? Why torpedo a good bill? There is a 'R' next to your name?

If Gov. Holcomb signs whats sitting on his desk, IMO we've had a good year. Incremental gains gents, increment gains.

Post #408 (this is to help me find it later, a lot of activity on this thread) I'll be at the NRA-ILA Grassroots meeting tomorrow. I'll keep Senator Holdman in mind when it gets to questions.

You are right about moving the sticks B&G. Before taking a shot at the end zone we've got to get in range.

Top Bottom