Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I rattled in a 9 point this morning.
    attachment.php

the 45/70 buckled it where it stood.

Leadeye, that buck was taken 80 yards from my house.

80 yard shot from the back porch with that sweet 45/70?

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    All small bucks and bigger bucks disappeared weeks ago....been seeing does and yearlings still grouped together but never a buck around. Took a doe Thursday evening at 28 yds. Never saw a season like this with no bucks....guess its ok, last couple years barely saw any does and saw mostly bucks of all sizes and scored on 2 nice bucks 2 season in a row so can't complain. Today only couple yearlings ......theres is so much corn still out couple miles away I wonder of bucks are just staying in there. phpscvPp8PM.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    OsKhq5z.jpg

The picture does not do him justice. He was a beast. I heard a lot going on behind me. When I finally got stood up to look what was going on, I saw this one but could not get a shot. He met up with another smaller buck, that backed down. This guy started to walk away, and I thought, well maybe another day, when he started chasing a doe back to me. He was pretty much coming straight at me. I am 16 feet up, and dropped him in his tracks with shot through the top of his heart at a whopping 18 yards with my 30-06. While I am still sitting in my stand I see another small buck and doe. After I get down to field dress, 3 more deer come to visit from three different directions. One was a nice 6 point. All less than 30 yards away. What a morning. Oh yeah, I shot him at 7:35am.

3l4Cxoz.jpg

eRxQcWS.jpg

Last edited:

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I got my buck yesterday at 9:30. Seen nothing all morning then became running. Bleated and got him to pause. Double lung at 49 yards w a .308. Ran off like nothing happened. Berated myself for 10 min for missing then went to look. Blood everywhere.

Was experiencing change of emotions when I thought a dog barked at me. 2 does were barking at me. Drew on them and they were gone.

Waited 30 more min to start track. Went well over 100 yards following blood trail. Found a pool of blood that was not bubbly so withdrew thinking it was a gut shot.

2 hours later we went tracking. I never saw the spray on the trees. But my buddy did. Had I gone 15 more steps I may have seen him earlier on the next hill.

Dude went almost 200 yards.

Shot a doe at 11:30. Double lung. She collapsed on the spot.

Not it sure why the difference.

Would have gone for #3 today but I think I will be exhausted processing 2 tomorrow. (I do it myself)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Was out most of the day yesterday, didn't even see a single deer. The day before another guy pulled a 10 pointer out if the same woods. Guess it's just not my turn yet.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Passed on a little 4 pointer at first...but with limited time to hunt this year, when he circled back around and gave me a clear shot I had to take it. Not huge like some guys but he will eat good.

Thought I had a doe, too, but must have missed. Looked all around for blood but never found a drop.

Top Bottom