• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nothing moving again this morning including squirrels, the sun is supposed to make an appearance this afternoon, maybe things will change.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Coyote killed around 8:30, then no movement til about 10ish when 2 does came in. Watched them for a few minutes before they wandered off. Going back out after lunch...still gotta fill the buck tag.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    I was out nearly the entire day yesterday, save for a lunch break, and 4.5 hours this morning. All I saw were three does running though last night at dusk. Saw three cats, a lot crows, and some sandhill cranes today. I heard a lot more shooting yesterday than today. Where are all the deer?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I managed to get this wide 7 point, think it may be an older buck and his rack is on the decline. Brow tines were just nubs. I had seen a few does right after 7:30 acting a little skittish, and about 20 minutes later he came walking through. Gave me a nice broadside shot at about 15 yards. Ran 25 before folding up. 300 BLK worked a number on the lungs and aorta.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I managed to get this wide 7 point, think it may be an older buck and his rack is on the decline. Brow tines were just nubs. I had seen a few does right after 7:30 acting a little skittish, and about 20 minutes later he came walking through. Gave me a nice broadside shot at about 15 yards. Ran 25 before folding up. 300 BLK worked a number on the lungs and aorta.

I see some tasty venison chili in your future. VERY nice buck...Congrats!!!!

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Doe down at 4pm. Saw it drop but wanted to put my lab on the trail anyways. I've been training him blood tracking for deer for 3 seasons now. He's so good on the trail I decided to just put him downwind of it without actual blood. He didn't even need the trail. Went straight to it. Soooo glad it's gonna be cold enough to hang it tonight.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Our group had a good couple days despite the nasty weather. Our group took a doe and a fork buck opening day, stalking and pushing. Not much was moving. I passed on a nice 10 point Saturday and a decent 8 point Sunday. Had a great weekend.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I see some tasty venison chili in your future. VERY nice buck...Congrats!!!!

Thanks! Getting the back straps and the shoulder roast and then the rest ground. Cool thing was I had seen him on camera on the 16th and had tagged him as one of 3 bucks that I'd take if I saw him. On camera I thought he was an 8 but didn't get a good look at the right side rack. What stood out about him was how dark his forehead was and how wide his rack is. This is basically the same shot I had but facing the other way.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    23755065_10109258011532608_5897750823838606076_n.jpg

7:25am this morning. Not Mr. Big, but I suppose you can't eat horns.

Not many shots in northern Clark County this morning; I think I counted four from sunrise through 1pm.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Nice rifle Avboiler11. How far was the shot?

My deer rifle is a similar overall setup, but good lord that suppressor starts to feel heavy when doing a deer drive!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    It was a chipper...40 yards in the back of the head, exit under the jaw.

700SA 20" 6mm Dasher, built by Isaac Frank @ Southern Indiana Precision...107 SMK @ 2800fps.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Creek flooded woods after the rains... Son wanted to stalk so we posted up along a fence line with some brush as a wind break. 2 does come out late afternoon. Big doe busted us as she looked right at us, she was stamping her front legs, left, right, left for had to be 5 minutes as we stayed motionless except for eye movement. 6 pointer came in from behind us. Placed 1 right behind his shoulder. He kind of staggered like he was drunk, stopped, placed a 2nd behind his shoulder, fell over, DRT. 450- Hammer. Going to look for rounds tonight and measure distance.

I know its a lot of luck and timing, etc... But it sure is nice to have those few seconds of time to work on shot placement.

Son said, 'you can have this one Dad, I'm waiting on the big one'... :)

Nice looking rig AV. Glad to hear some had better luck. It sure was crappy Saturday morning.

Last edited:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    It was a chipper...40 yards in the back of the head, exit under the jaw.

700SA 20" 6mm Dasher, built by Isaac Frank @ Southern Indiana Precision...107 SMK @ 2800fps.

Hmmmm. Sounds like a waste for that rig! Should have let her walk to the next county so you got your money's worth....LOL!

I know this could come across wrong on a chat page so don't be offended...just making a comment about your awesome set up and being presented with a 40yd shot... nothing more.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Doe down at 4pm. Saw it drop but wanted to put my lab on the trail anyways. I've been training him blood tracking for deer for 3 seasons now. He's so good on the trail I decided to just put him downwind of it without actual blood. He didn't even need the trail. Went straight to it. Soooo glad it's gonna be cold enough to hang it tonight.

I'm with you on the temperature, Saturday was so warm that mine went from on the hillside to quartered and in the fridge in under 2 1/2 hours. I will let it age in the fridge for four or five days and then bone it out. It seems to help with tenderness similar to hanging it.

Top Bottom