• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Great Match Jake, Dan, and crew! The range looks awesome!

Any word yet about next year's match?

People have been asking me about it already.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    To clarify
    the Canadian competitor that believes he left his gun case on the side of the road with 1 STI gun in it was not found.
    they parked on the side of the gravel road near bay 1, on Saturday evening he believes that when loading his gear up he left his pelican black case with 1 STI gun in it (not 2 open guns)
    He became aware that he was missing the case late Saturday evening, called me after 9:00pm Saturday evening.
    We met at the range Sunday morning and walked the area with flashlights, however there was no case found and none turned it.
    The competitor filed a police report, and told the officer that he believed that is where he left it, however could not be certain.

As for all the comments on the match, thank you.
    The biggest thanks really goes out to
    Dave and Dan for all their hard work at Silver Creek. USPSA was almost lost at the range last year and if it was not for those two stepping up to run for board positions there would not only not have been a match, but no uspsa at the club (or any other competition)
    Dan put in tons of hours at the range directing the bay work that took place, plus just the amount of clean up that took place. The build crew that came down to help, Steve, Jan, Jeff, Mike, Adam, Paul, Kevin and I am sure that I missing some others did a tremendous job of putting the stages on the ground and making the match what it was.
    A huge thanks to Marc Lorey, every entry form that came to me went to Marc and was entered into the match, then into online squadding, from behind the scenes Marc did a ton of work with stuff, without him doing what he does I would not do the match.

I am very glad that everyone seems to have enjoyed the match, for the most part, and had a great time.

And no there is no word on a next years match
    If someone wants to let me know when and where I will gladly sign up to shoot it

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    And it wasn't hot, and things didn't drag out long enough for the 2nd batteries to poop out. I'm thinking they will only cause major problems when you really need them not to :).

hot isnt the main problem.....leaving them in the sun is a problem. we had batteries 3 &4 ready to go....management is the key. everyone did well!!!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    hot isnt the main problem.....leaving them in the sun is a problem. we had batteries 3 &4 ready to go....management is the key. everyone did well!!!

hmmm, if management had shared the 'don't panic we have more batteries' then labor would have not had wadded undies, no biggie, they never told the little people anything at my last job either.

i stand corrected on the heat thing too. If it was really hot but cloudy we would likely have been good to go.

:)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Ours never went into sleep mode because we didnt have a chance to put then in it...plugged in we were in the teens by early afternoon Friday and Sunday. We went to nooks and the battery would barely move...but the touch screen delay makes a person want to toss them over a berm

I still say if paper is the official score, scoring should be done on paper and transferred to the electronic device not vice versa

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ours never went into sleep mode because we didnt have a chance to put then in it...plugged in we were in the teens by early afternoon Friday and Sunday. We went to nooks and the battery would barely move...but the touch screen delay makes a person want to toss them over a berm

I still say if paper is the official score, scoring should be done on paper and transferred to the electronic device not vice versa

Were they copying to paper by hand, or using a printer?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Well your scores weren't altered and still not corrected:noway:, I am glad we had paper to back them up!

mistakes happen with paper, too. usually more often due to considerably more opportunity for mistakes in data entry, summing hit totals, bad handwriting, etc. Sorry you had a score entered incorrectly, but I don't think you can vilify electronic scoring for it....

As an RO I was more concerned about making a mistake while creating the paper copy.....

:twocents:

-rvb

edit: would be interesting to hear from Mark how many requests for corrections he had this year vs last year...

Top Bottom