2014: What is your New Year's Resolution? (Firearm Related Resolution)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    So what say you INGO? In terms of firearms... what do you have planned for 2014?

-Purchases / Wish lists
    -Training
    -Competitions
    -Reloading
    -Stockpiling
    -Even general prepping

Last edited:

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Mine is to shoot more.

I really need to put more time/effort into shooting more so that I can justify (with the wifey) more purchases...

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    2013 was a big year for flat out purchases for me.... so this year I want to focus on putting some of those firearms to good use, but there are still a few things on my "wouldn't mind having" list.

Firearm Purchases:

• Mega Maten Upper and all the parts. I have the lower almost finished... just need to purchase a Giessele SSA-E and then I can start to focus on tracking down an upper which is easier said than done.
    • 10/22 for Appleseed. After attending 3 Appleseeds last year, I finally know what I want for my Ultimate Appleseed rifle and have decided to build it off an aftermarket reciever.
    • Beretta Pico... I want a .380 I can slip in a cargo pocket when I don't feel like lugging around my Rami
    • Mosin Nagant... or two

Training:
    Outside of training I do on my own... I plan on hitting the Appleseed circuit as much as I get time for. I love the message and the atmosphere and although I've shot Rifleman a long time ago... I just enjoy being with good people. I might try to find some kind of competitive events to join.

I also need to get my ass back in shape. I haven't been to the gym in a couple of months and I know my cardio has taken a hit every time I run down stairs to get the laundry.​

Reloading:
    I'm new at it... so one of my main goals this year is to really learn the ins and outs of reloading .45acp and 9mm this year and then move on to reloading precision .223 and .308 next year.

General Prepping:
    Increase security at the house and really lay down an emergency plan for my family members and get them up to par should they need to defend themselves when I'm not home. We are fortunate to live in a comfortable little sub-division, but bad **** can happen anywhere. This really is my number one goal this year.

Misc:
    I have a Mosin Crate Coffee Table that is like 80% finished and its been that way for over a year! All I need to do is build the table top and I've just been slacking... no excuses this year.

I also need to get some more magazines for my CZ's and 1911​

Last edited:

clemracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I'd like to get a little more ammo and also get my wife and daughter trained to use their guns. Take my wife out shooting with me and teach her more about guns.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    To get a dressed out Remington R1 1911. To buy Ammo with every payday. To obtain my Utah and Florida CCW Permits. I'll be happy with completing these resolutions.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    To shoot more with my handguns and obtain training for myself. Hopefully get my wife more involved and if I'm lucky get her to take a training course either with me or on her own.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    No more silly gun control measures passed by our fearless leader .
    actually it depends what shows up at the shot show here in the next few weeks .

Top Bottom