• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    No worries. I've had good luck with Gunsite and especially the 123 Carbine Course. Others on here apparently think otherwise which I really don't care. I've taken cheaper classes here in Indiana and was appalled by some of the instructors lack of knowledge. To each his own though I guess. My money my choice.

Who were the local people you trained with?

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    My son just moved up here to Indiana at Thanksgiving....

He wants to begin competing...daring me to drag my butt out of shooting retirement and shoot as a team.

So....2014, GONZO!!! (x2) will be out in force. :)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My son just moved up here to Indiana at Thanksgiving....

He wants to begin competing...daring me to drag my butt out of shooting retirement and shoot as a team.

So....2014, GONZO!!! (x2) will be out in force. :)

where are you located. WVPPS is the third Sunday. WVPPS

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My goal is to make it to the range to practice at least once a month. Right now about the only time I shoot is at the local USPSA match or if I make it too a class.

Better dry practice at home. I really neglect this.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    @Coach...

I am located just east of Delphi...my son is in Lafayette now.

going to try to work 1 match a month of some type somewhere...

I have two main issues right now...

1) most USPSA are on Sundays, it seems....I have church and family commitments on Sunday. I never give up those commitments. I love my USPSA (old school IPSC/USPSA shooter from '86 - '94)

2) I am sidelined by my doctor until spring...in 2013 I was diagnosed with very aggressive prostate cancer which has already spread to bone cancer (currently I have bone cancer in my left femur, left hip, 5 vertebra and left collarbone). Doctor pulled me off of my horses, martial arts and anything too physically strenuous because he was worried that I could break my left femur due to the weakening by the cancer. I should be ready to go come APril...stand up non-moving type of matches would be fine until then (steel challenge type of matches)

NOTE: I am now in REMISSION !!!! (2 months !)

anyway....son and I want to compete together and have a blast this year! This will be the first time we have ever competed in shooting sports together...I CANT WAIT !!!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    @Coach...

1) most USPSA are on Sundays, it seems....I have church and family commitments on Sunday. I never give up those commitments. I love my USPSA (old school IPSC/USPSA shooter from '86 - '94)

2) I am sidelined by my doctor until spring...in 2013 I was diagnosed with very aggressive prostate cancer which has already spread to bone cancer (currently I have bone cancer in my left femur, left hip, 5 vertebra and left collarbone). Doctor pulled me off of my horses, martial arts and anything too physically strenuous because he was worried that I could break my left femur due to the weakening by the cancer. I should be ready to go come APril...stand up non-moving type of matches would be fine until then (steel challenge type of matches)

anyway....son and I want to compete together and have a blast this year! This will be the first time we have ever competed in shooting sports together...I CANT WAIT !!!

We have one Saturday in April. The club at Wildcat shoots on Saturdays. I do instructional leagues at Riley and these are on Saturday's. www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com has the schedule for the league shoots. They are real similar to matches.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Good luck with the health. Hope to see you and your son on the range somewhere.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    @Coach...

Be careful. Steel Challenge sounds like a perfect fit for now.

USPSA, if you are feeling up to it, there is a match at Wildcat Valley on the first Saturday of the month. Looks like they may have several things up your Alley. Try out the NRA shoots when they have them 2-3 times a year. Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I am only approx ten miles from Wildcat....shot there two years ago. Went to Warsaw and became National RAnge Officer Institute rnge officer certification...even took 5-6 to Wildcat and got them started in USPSA

Just need to get cleared to run.

CLOWREYJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    To participate in at least 2 events per month in any shooting sport, 3G, Steel, USPSA , Shotgun matches, anything that keeps me from plinking at the other ranges 1 shot at a time.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I am hoping to shoot more Trap this year and find some places fairly close to northeastern Indiana to shoot in some rifle matches.

CLOWREYJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Coach you are on my calendar for the 3rd Sunday of March. 3G and USPSA are my main events to concentrate on, but who doesn't love an all out shotgun match. See ya in March, and thanks for the heads up. I've been to Wildcat, Warsaw, NPCCC, Atlanta,
    Hillside, this year I will add WVPPS to the list. GOOD TIMES!!!!

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    2014 Goals:

1) Improve my grip on my pistol shooting and become a better pistol shooter
    2) I want to get into highpower service rifle shooting
    3) Get a garand from the CMP
    4) Go to the national matches at Camp Perry to atleast observe
    5) Start reloading 7.5x55 Swiss for my K31 that I just got yesterday