2014 D-Day Celebration (70th anniversary)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This year, next month, will be the 70th anniversary of the D-Day and the Battle of Normandy.

Like each year I plan to celebrate this day (see thread from 2013 bellow).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/293506-2013-d-day-celebration-project.html

Let me know (in this thread of via PM) if you have any requests or would like me to do something on your behalf.

Some INGOers already contacted me a few months ago, let me know of any updates or if you changed your mind.

I will try to visit some US military cemeteries if I can (I visited a Canadian and British one last year), not sure about the whole program yet.:dunno:

This year will be special as it's the 70th anniversary.

I plan on going to some of the ceremonies that day (actually there are cermonies all month and not just the 6th), meet some vets (over 300 are coming from the US alone, and 600 active duty personel) and take lots of pics.
    It should be the biggest US invasion in Normandy since WW2.

I will be INGO's boots on the ground and I might get to meet some Hoosiers (I will be the guy with a berret looking for food). :ingo:
    Let me know if you know any vet or family member who's going to attend the ceremonies.

Thanks.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    My Dad went ashore D +7. He got the chance to visit Normandy before he died several years ago. Although Alzheimers claimed most of his memories, he remembered his experiences in WWII with perfect clarity.

Thanks for doing this, Sylvain.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My Dad went ashore D +7. He got the chance to visit Normandy before he died several years ago. Although Alzheimers claimed most of his memories, he remembered his experiences in WWII with perfect clarity.

Thanks for doing this, Sylvain.

It's always awesome to meet veterans who made it back home and are latter able to come back to Normandy as tourists.
    Too many didn't leave and are still buried in our soil.

If you guys have a vet in your family talk to him before it's too late.
    There are still many stories we dont know about the war and since they are not the type to brag we wont know unless we ask them to share those stories.And very soon it will be too late.

:patriot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Tank bump!

100_2301.jpg

100_2298.jpg

100_2303.jpg

index.php

char_1.jpg

The tank season is getting close.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

This Sherman from the 2nd Leclerc division landed on Utah beach in 1944 (picture bellow).
    70 years later it has been restored with a new engine (the tank hasn't moved since 1946) and it will be running again for the D-Day ceremonies this year, with possibly the son of the original driver driving it.

03_utah_beach_1944_debarquement_normandie.jpg

Top Bottom